Ampresus

5-MeO-DMT for teens

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Arman said:

The kid is like 14 and complaining that he doesn't understand the words in self help books because they're 'made for adults'

5meo will FUCK HIM UP

its called context bro

To OP: no drugs for you. stay in school kiddo. find a creative outlet you enjoy. you will get WAY more gains out of making a hobby out of self-development than trying psychedelics right now. You're lucky to be a part of this world of self improvement at your age. Read those books anway, take it slow and look up the words in Google. Take satisfaction in trying to understand things that are initially confusing or frustrating and you'll go far. If you want to enter the world of spirituality, try the book 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. The audiobook is usually available on YouTube. Even if you don't understand it, listen anyway. If you really start to understand it, it'll mess you up just as much as psychedelics, but in a gentler way ;)

Yeah I said it in the context of my previous comment.

I recommended against it because it's probably too destabalizing at that age, but psychedelics don't tend to cause PTSD very often ((and if they do, better take continue to take your surrender process seriously)).

7 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Yeah I said it in the context of my previous comment.

I recommended against it because it's probably too destabalizing at that age, but psychedelics don't tend to cause PTSD very often ((and if they do, better take continue to take your surrender process seriously)).

Sorry, I should have read the thread more thoroughly. 

21 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

No just start with meditation, and if you have some discipline in your life regarding that, you might not desire anything more due to it's results, hopefully.

And what do you mean 'I know weed is unhealthy', you don't, so this kind of assumptive attitude is the opposite of what is helpful in this field.

- I tripped too hard when I was a teen, 2nd or 3rd trip or so, I was already not in a great place, but I became dysfunctional and depressed for 1-2 years after. Now I don't look back on it as a negative, it forced me to take spirituality seriously, but I don't recommend it at age at all, there's already so much to discover: finding your place in the world, finding what you like as a job or study, relationships with parents/friends/partner.

In fact most teens I think are just quite overloaded by that, that again all they need is some meditation.

- I can highly recommend practicing dream awareness though, these are already quite psychedelic every night (sometimes, deeply psychedelic), yet most people are too unconscious to even have a slight recollection or a vivid awareness of them during.

They can help with purpose, guidance, healing, contact with deceased and most importantly spiritual awakening. And they are just fucking awesome.

@AlwaysBeNice Wauw thanks for the advice. 

Do you mean with dream awareness, things like lucid dreaming? I already have experience with that, just not in a very deep way. I heard there are people who have practiced lucid dreaming so much, that if they want, they can just go with the flow during the day and lucid dream in noon.

21 hours ago, DrMobius said:

Do not. You will be traumatized.

5-MeO-DMT is one of, if not the strongest psychedelic substance in the world. It produces 100% ego death. Which means that it feels like dying.

Your brain is still growing, and psychedelics can alter its development. Mature first. Get more in touch with the theory of spirituality. Wait until you're in your twenties before trying psychedelics. Start with common ones and only consider 5-MeO-DMT after you're experienced in & comfortable with being in an altered state of consciousness.

If you rush any of this, it will bitterly regret it.

Edited 21 hours ago by DrMobius

Wait till your twenties. Got it. 

Thanks for the advice @DrMobius

20 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Want a glimpse of DMT in a more natural way? 

Haritaki+Melatonin+Breathing Meditation.

Haritaki boosts 3x the oxygen in the blood, Melatonin coverts to DMT in a high oxygen environment (same as REM sleep and rapid breathing at night). 

@Hellspeed You mind explaining Haritaki and Melatonin? I am still new to all of this. 

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

From the way you write it does not sound like you are mature enough to handle it.

Focus on yoga, meditation, self-inquiry, shamanic breathing, etc. And read a lot about nonduality.

Psychedelics are no joke. They will rip your reality apart.

@Leo Gura I don't think I am mature at all. I was just curious people would recommend it. 
Don't know what shamanic breathing, self-inquiry and non-duality are. I may need to watch your video's for those. Thanks btw, for the content.

16 hours ago, Good-boy said:

f you are planning to do weed,then try some edibles. They can give you psychedelics like experiences.

@Good-boy I am not trying to do any drugs. I just want to keep my body healthy and wondered if people would advice things lik 5MEO for kids. No weed for me. A guy in my class smokes and the smell alone makes me wanna puke. No thanks, ''body is priority'' is what Leo said in his body-awareness video... I think. 

15 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

and as far as I know there is no study done that says weed causes cancer.

@VictorB02 Probably true, still won't go for weed. I don't want to end up like the guys who smoke in every break. 

9 hours ago, MM1988 said:

Wait until you are 21 at least and out of puberty, do the non psychedelic practices for now. Then work your way up through psychedelics. I have no experience with 5MEO but thats what I would do.

@MM1988 Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. 

9 hours ago, Azrael said:

Actually, it has been proven now for years that weed can help cure certain kinds of cancer and a lot of other illnesses including regular pain. It's not unhealthy at all. Big misconception.

@Azrael You mind if I pass? As far as I have been told, weed can screw up the teen's brain.

7 hours ago, Viking said:

I get that you're bored, but there's better and more efficient stuff for you right now to focus on. psychedelics will traumatize you even if you choose not to believe me.

@Viking I am glad you at least understand my perspective. It won't be hard for me to believe that psychedelics will traumatize me. It makes sense. In the end, I am still growing. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

no they won't necessarily, probably a high chance they won't

@AlwaysBeNice I take my words back. I don't have a clue what is going on right now. Oh what was is with Stage Yellow? Research everything right? I may need to read some books to decide my opinion about this. 

4 hours ago, Arman said:

The kid is like 14 and complaining that he doesn't understand the words in self help books because they're 'made for adults'

5meo will FUCK HIM UP

its called context bro

To OP: no drugs for you. stay in school kiddo. find a creative outlet you enjoy. you will get WAY more gains out of making a hobby out of self-development than trying psychedelics right now. You're lucky to be a part of this world of self improvement at your age. Read those books anway, take it slow and look up the words in Google. Take satisfaction in trying to understand things that are initially confusing or frustrating and you'll go far. If you want to enter the world of spirituality, try the book 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. The audiobook is usually available on YouTube. Even if you don't understand it, listen anyway. If you really start to understand it, it'll mess you up just as much as psychedelics, but in a gentler way ;)

@Arman First person who got my age right, so I will pretend you weren't harsh on me.
Thanks for the advice on the audiobook. Of course you may understand ''context'', it is harder for someone who's first language isn't English. Some words I understand after reading 5 times the same sentence, others look just stupid. I still don't understand ''integrity'' for example.

4 hours ago, martins name said:

how old are you exactly? both 13 and 19 year olds are teenagers.

@martins name 14 my guy.

6 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

no they won't necessarily, probably a high chance they won't

what I mean by "traumatize" is not that panic attack-inducing trauma that will make you hate your life, but more of like a subtle trauma, small bits of it, which may transform into something more serious after the trip. That may very well happen when there's big amount of new information and recontextualization that happen during a trip.

I say that because I think it happened to me. After my few trips I developed an irrational fear that the LSD fucked my brain up and sooner or later I will go insane. Also every time something weird happened to my consciousness like hypnagogia I attributed it to the LSD, which made me panic even more. I think I overcame it already, after a few months and a vipassana retreat, but I was fucking 20. Imagine what it could do to a 14 year old that probably has dogmatic parents that know nothing about psychedelics and will start scaring him if they find out he did them.

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

Imagine what it could do to a 14 year old that probably has dogmatic parents that know nothing about psychedelics and will start scaring him if they find out he did them.

@Viking How'd you know my parents were dogmatic? Nice guess I have to admit. It sure is right.

3 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@Viking How'd you know my parents were dogmatic? Nice guess I have to admit. It sure is right.

:D 

It's a good idea to wait before trying psychedelics if you're a teen. To me, 19 or 20 seems like a good minimum age.

I have to admit that I started a bit earlier, as did a lot of my friends, and it worked out really well for most of us. Normally psychedelic trips end up being a positive event in someone's life, but very occasionally it does go the other way and can catalyze psychological problems. The rate of these types of problematic experiences are much, much higher amongst young users than grown adults.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

3 hours ago, Ampresus said:

@AlwaysBeNice I take my words back. I don't have a clue what is going on right now. Oh what was is with Stage Yellow? Research everything right? I may need to read some books to decide my opinion about this. 

Not knowing is a good first necessary step to go beyond the mind. And no one knows what this is conceptually anyways.

And I wouldn't recommend too much reading at all, and is often not recommended.  And when you read, take everything with a grain of salt: because words are subjective pointings, based on imagination of concepts. Real spirituality is about discovering that which is beyond the personal 'you', beyond language, beyond experiences/perceptions, into the core of yourself and hence is liberating. And you can also say, about living your life, your love, your feelings.

But some reading is good, the most renowned masters of our time are Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta (and if you find it hard to grasp, again, very fine, it's about your own deepening process).

14 hours ago, MM1988 said:

The ranking from easiest to hardest to psychologically handle psychedelics is roughly: Weed - MDMA - Ketamine - 2CB - LSD - Shrooms - 5MEO/DMT/Salvia

Highly depends on dose imo

In higher doses I find MDMA way easier to handle than weed because weed's body high can get intense quick. idk how ketamine fairs but comparing it to dxm in low doses I can see most handling it like alcohol but the higher dissociation can be very scary when you feel like you're dying.

2 hours ago, outlandish said:

It's a good idea to wait before trying psychedelics if you're a teen. To me, 19 or 20 seems like a good minimum age.

I have to admit that I started a bit earlier, as did a lot of my friends, and it worked out really well for most of us. Normally psychedelic trips end up being a positive event in someone's life, but very occasionally it does go the other way and can catalyze psychological problems. The rate of these types of problematic experiences are much, much higher amongst young users than grown adults.

I can relate to this. I did LSD for the first time at 15. Was great but compared to my experiences now 100ug is childs play. But as I started experimenting at higher doses I found the threshold where things get wonky and intense. And that threshold varies between people so you gotta be careful.

9 hours ago, Ampresus said:

First person who got my age right, so I will pretend you weren't harsh on me.
Thanks for the advice on the audiobook. Of course you may understand ''context'', it is harder for someone who's first language isn't English. Some words I understand after reading 5 times the same sentence, others look just stupid. I still don't understand ''integrity'' for example.

For someone who's first language isn't English, your grammar and communication is really good. You're going to do fine. 

I knew you were 14 because you remind me so much of myself around that age, even posting on forums. This is a crazy time for you... by 16 you'll start to think of yourself as an adult. I started smoking weed and taking psychedelics at 16 and 17. Those experiences played a big part in making me who I am but also robbed me of much balance in my early 20s. 

I thought my life was going to be an easy fairy-tail (magic stories they tell them kids) when I started taking psychedelics and getting into spirituality and self development. You feel like you've been chosen and given a golden ticket to an easy and incredible life. It's true, in a way, but the use of drugs made those times very chaotic (crazy), and it took years of deep struggle and inner work to find balance. 

I discovered many years later that I was using that stuff to run away from myself and my unhappiness. When I realised that, I started to see how lost people get with psychedelics. The ones who use it too often stray (stray: to move away from) further and further from themselves while at the same time being convinced they are making progress  because they're blinded by shiny 'truths'

True growth doesn't look fancy. It is about quiet self love, peace, ability to help others, being able to feel happy just sitting by yourself and making a cup of tea. 

Look up the word 'glamour' and try to understand it. When a thing appears glamourous, it looks fantastic and appealing in the surface, but it's true reality (substance) is weak, it robs you of your humanness. Beware glamour. Follow simplicity. It will lead you to the ultimate happiness.

They turn psychedelics into another religion and get dogmatic about it. Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing. If you suggest that psychedelics may not be optimal (the best) for spiritual growth, their teeth and claws come out.

Real spiritual work isn't glamourous, it looks mundane (simple/boring) and it doesn't look as appealing as the glamour of psychedelics. They can distract you all the way into infinity. You can make 100x more progress by simply making a commitment to forgive yourself and others for errors.

Do you have any computer/tech related hobbies? At your age I was playing around with animation, web design and Photoshop. Playing with that stuff paid off in a HUGE way because creative tech is effortless for me now. In this online entrapaneur era, it pays to find out what excites you and learn how to build things. 

'Integrity' means to be whole or complete, but people use it in a slightly different way. 

When someone says one thing and does another, they are broken up, they do not have integrity.

Integrity means being true to yourself. It means doing the right thing and being honest. It means taking the more difficult or less appealing path because you care more about truth and peace than about short-term pleasure.

Edited by Arman

6 hours ago, Arman said:

For someone who's first language isn't English, your grammar and communication is really good. You're going to do fine. 

I knew you were 14 because you remind me so much of myself around that age, even posting on forums. This is a crazy time for you... by 16 you'll start to think of yourself as an adult. I started smoking weed and taking psychedelics at 16 and 17. Those experiences played a big part in making me who I am but also robbed me of much balance in my early 20s. 

I thought my life was going to be an easy fairy-tail (magic stories they tell them kids) when I started taking psychedelics and getting into spirituality and self development. You feel like you've been chosen and given a golden ticket to an easy and incredible life. It's true, in a way, but the use of drugs made those times very chaotic (crazy), and it took years of deep struggle and inner work to find balance. 

I discovered many years later that I was using that stuff to run away from myself and my unhappiness. When I realised that, I started to see how lost people get with psychedelics. The ones who use it too often stray (stray: to move away from) further and further from themselves while at the same time being convinced they are making progress  because they're blinded by shiny 'truths'

True growth doesn't look fancy. It is about quiet self love, peace, ability to help others, being able to feel happy just sitting by yourself and making a cup of tea. 

Look up the word 'glamour' and try to understand it. When a thing appears glamourous, it looks fantastic and appealing in the surface, but it's true reality (substance) is weak, it robs you of your humanness. Beware glamour. Follow simplicity. It will lead you to the ultimate happiness.

They turn psychedelics into another religion and get dogmatic about it. Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing. If you suggest that psychedelics may not be optimal (the best) for spiritual growth, their teeth and claws come out.

Real spiritual work isn't glamourous, it looks mundane (simple/boring) and it doesn't look as appealing as the glamour of psychedelics. They can distract you all the way into infinity. You can make 100x more progress by simply making a commitment to forgive yourself and others for errors.

Do you have any computer/tech related hobbies? At your age I was playing around with animation, web design and Photoshop. Playing with that stuff paid off in a HUGE way because creative tech is effortless for me now. In this online entrapaneur era, it pays to find out what excites you and learn how to build things. 

'Integrity' means to be whole or complete, but people use it in a slightly different way. 

When someone says one thing and does another, they are broken up, they do not have integrity.

Integrity means being true to yourself. It means doing the right thing and being honest. It means taking the more difficult or less appealing path because you care more about truth and peace than about short-term pleasure.

@Arman Wauw thanks for the story, I in fact thought that I had a golden ticket by being early. After reading the posts on this topic I don't think it in that way anymore.
''You can make 100x more progress by simply making a commitment to forgive yourself and other for errors'' but that is exactly what I am doing! That's why I wondered about psychedelics. So many things which people need to do, I already have done. I learnt from Islam, religion I am raised up with (and technically still being raised up with, besides that I am trying to leave it), that forgiveness = key. 
Yes I am familiar with Photoshop, but not animating or web design. Rather than that I am good with Premiere Pro. Video editing in general is something which I am good at. Every school project where we have to make a video, I offer up free time to edit in exchange of my team deciding what the context of the video will be/acting in it. 
Again this is what I mean. I have integrity, if we are looking it from your definition. Same with so many other things I have read in only my first 2 self-help books. One was specifically for teens, where I had almost 3 quarters already mastered. Second one is the populair ''Th Six Pillars of Self-Esteem''. I haven't read the whole book yet (still reading it), but so many things I can already relate to. 

On 12.10.2018 at 6:48 PM, Ampresus said:

You mind if I pass? As far as I have been told, weed can screw up the teen's brain.

That's true. You should only consume it when you are 15 years or older. Before that it really can fuck with your brain. However, 5-MeO literally physically fucks your brain and should never be done by someone that is younger than 21.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Outer I have an outsider friend who was smoking weed and getting only A's in school, but he has dropped weed after a year or two (14-16), because it had an overall negative impact on his life. He now excels at an university (25).

So, yeah, based on that it seems like weed is not causing irreversible damage to cognitive skills, but it's also not helping to develop them either.