SageModeAustin

Why is enlightenment so “slippery”

66 posts in this topic

I’ve only truly felt it for about 10 seconds one time when I was meditating just recently.

I notice even though I’ve felt it before I can’t get back to it very easily, at all.  

Why is this?  Why was I able to achieve enlightenment that one time, but not now?  Is it because I got lucky? 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

When your thoughts return, you're placed into a time cycle, where you can have any perception at all. The real life practice, beyond/within the time cycle, can lead to escape.

Chasing something is projecting something fixed. Freedom without reaction or reflection is not fixed. Becoming something means a mind that is occupied. An occupied mind moves in time. Time is bound by distortion dudes. Distortion needs things to end things. An illusion thinks illusion will end illusion. xD

Edited by Jack River

We get what we want dudes. You aim for a “thing” like enlightenment that’s what you get, a thing, that thing becomes a reality. Reality is distortion. 

Be aimless my dudes 

Edited by Jack River

2 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

I’ve only truly felt it for about 10 seconds one time when I was meditating just recently.

I notice even though I’ve felt it before I can’t get back to it very easily, at all.  

Why is this?  Why was I able to achieve enlightenment that one time, but not now?  Is it because I got lucky? 

Are you trying to get back there? Did you try to get there the first time?

2 hours ago, Jack River said:

Chasing something is projecting something fixed. 

I think this answers it..My experience of enlightenment for 10 seconds at the time was different than how it is now.  

The puzzle changes constantly, Ah I see. 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@WelcometoReality Good question.

No, I didn't try to get there the first time..it just happened unexpectedly.

Hmm..

2 hours ago, Jack River said:

We get what we want dudes. You aim for a “thing” like enlightenment that’s what you get, a thing

Another solid point.  @Jack River

Edited by SageModeAustin

Just now, SageModeAustin said:

No, I didn't try to get there the first time..it just happened unexpectedly.

@SageModeAustin It happens in your absence. You can't will it to happen or it won't. It lasted for 10 seconds? In your presents it was 10 seconds. In your absence it was infinity. 

@Joseph Maynor Realizing that your whole life is a fiction.  The fact that you are a human is not a fact, but a fiction.  The realization that you are the universe, you are consciousness itself.  It's a holistic understanding, an understanding of your true nature.  Realizing, you are this infinitely intelligent being that somehow got placed into a human vessel to experience finite levels of this intelligence.

Although saying this doesn't really prove anything..when I felt it, it was completely different than intellectually understanding it, it was truly gloriously absurd.

Edited by SageModeAustin

12 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

@Joseph Maynor Realizing that your whole life is a fiction.  The fact that you are a human is not a fact, but a fiction.  The realization that you are the universe, you are consciousness itself.  It's a holistic understanding, an understanding of your true nature.  Realizing, you are this infinitely intelligent being that somehow got placed into a human vessel to experience finite levels of this intelligence. 

Good.  That sounds like Stage Turquoise metaphysics.  If you live that, very good.  What you wanna be doing now for everything in your Thought and Experience is to ask to what extent is this real, to what extent is this actual?  Try to find out the grab bag of all stuff that the Mind sort of assumes is there but isn't actually there.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

Although saying this doesn't really prove anything..when I felt it, it was completely different than intellectually understanding it, it was truly gloriously absurd.

Your getting a lot of good pointers here.  Let me ask you this, what did you realize in those 10 seconds?  Did you realize the definition that you gave joseph maynor?  IFFFF so, then isn't all that is currently happening now and in all future and past moments that infinity wether your having that direct "enlightening moment". 

If your experience was not the definition you gave, what was it exactly, I may be able to speak to that....

Edited by Mu_

Start to contemplate these:

1. What is Ego actually?
  2. What is Maya actually?
  3. Is Ego larger in scope than the Egoic self?
  4. What is actually there versus what the Mind takes to be there?
  5. What is the true Self actually?
  6. What is Experience actually?
  7. Are other people separate beings?
  8. What is external reality actually?
  9. What are Thoughts actually?
  10. What is the part of what’s there that never changes?
Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's actually not slippery at all. You are just in a very confused state of mind. And that's your normal state. Fix this and enlightenment will fall into your lap.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

You wanna be in more good state. That's why you want enlightenment.

if you agree with the state above then please keep reading, if not please try to understand and agree it for yourself. If you don't agree, do not read further.

You've created two things. I am very literal here with the word "create". First is the following:

[1] You believed you're not in a good state. -OR- You believed that you might increase your overall experience towards good.

[2] Thus you find this "enlightenment" thing which provides a solution to [1]

if you agree with the state above then please keep reading, if not please try to understand and agree it for yourself. If you don't agree, do not read further.

[1] and [2] are very good points actually enough themselves for you. As an helper, I'd add further questioning to these points to aid you.

[1.1] I assume you believed or came up with something very similar to [1]. Then find the reason behind what's supporting this. Get a paper and write down sentences for the proof. Or draw an imagine. These helps. Pin down what's stuck in your mind

[2.1] What would you think "enlightenment" do for any good to you? What's your ideas and proclaims about it?

[2.2] What do you think how an enlightenment would be? How would it look like? How does an enlightened person do? What exactly are the characteristics of an enlightenment person?

[2.3] As an final, if you still believe this is any good for you, I want to help you towards it. One last key question is; what's you after you enlightened? If you really spend 40 minutes on this question, I promise you 'll get it. The question statement here is very crucial. 

What's you

after

you enlightened.

If you need tools, try to visualize, or imagine a day of you after you enlightened. Draw a future frame from your day on a paper.