Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Etherial Cat

Trusting

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I transcended ego during a beautiful spiritual experience this summer. I got that Brahman was myself, and Atman at the same time. 

But I slided down because as I was experiencing this, many realization kicked in and some were unacceptable for my ego. The fear came back in when my ego got that it gave up all control the universe (even if objectively it already has none, little me love to believe he's somewhat in charge pushing its survival strategy I guess...). 

I couldn't help but think trusting and surrendering to the universe got poor Jesus to be crucified.  It seems like a betrayal to me. Of course  God did this to himself first, but was that really necessary? 

I still don't get why such a savage fate has been chosen by the universe for itself to experience. 

I'm innerly deeply angry with having to accept such pain can even exist.

I can't forgive the experienced brutality...

How do you deal with accepting what seems unacceptable?

Edited by Etherial Cat

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?” - Rumi.

First of all real Jesus who died in that way is a myth. Next to this, the story of Jesus it is an inner story in each of us, the accounts on how to awake put in a dramatic metaphor of events. 

Why so atrocious events on the idealism of religions? Because at a personal level is quite atrocious to awake, it takes courage and tolerance to extreme physical and emotional pain. Why? Moving the energy in the body to a new setting, to the original harmony is painful, this resistance is what we call EGO. Bliss comes only after the conquest of pain. Is like a Hornet or Black Widows sting, it wakes you up in the process of desperation. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

I couldn't help but think trusting and surrendering to the universe got poor Jesus to be crucified.  It seems like a betrayal to me. Of course  God did this to himself first, but was that really necessary? 

Jesus became enlightened only at the last moment on the cross. 

Jesus shouted against the sky 'My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me? 

The seed has to trust that the tree will be born. It is a leap into faith. And that leap happened to Jesus: he relaxed on the cross and he said 'Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.'

If you can relax in deep acceptance, trust, if you can surrender without any resistance. That's what Jesus did. That moment Jesus disappears, Christ is born. The Son became Father in that moment; all distinction disappeared. The last barrier dissolved, Jesus had come home.

Christianity depends on the miracle of the resurrection; it had been prophesied that the coming Christ would be crucified and then resurrected. Just take a few things out of the life of Jesus and Christianity disappears. If he is not crucified can there be a Christianity?

5 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

First of all real Jesus who died in that way is a myth. Next to this, the story of Jesus it is an inner story in each of us, the accounts on how to awake put in a dramatic metaphor of events. 

Meh. Super natural Jesus, projected by Blue christianity is likely a myth, but that's not what I am referring to.

I do think that it's based on a spiritual seeker who reached an high level of consciousness and got challenged with crucification tho. :(

5 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Why so atrocious events on the idealism of religions? Because at a personal level is quite atrocious to awake, it takes courage and tolerance to extreme physical and emotional pain. Why? Moving the energy in the body to a new setting, to the original harmony is painful, this resistance is what we call EGO. Bliss comes only after the conquest of pain. Is like a Hornet or Black Widows sting, it wakes you up in the process of desperation. 

Is physical torture really necessary to awakening?

4 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Jesus became enlightened only at the last moment on the cross. 

I was not socialized as a christian, but even from my scarce knowledge I'd tend to believe he was already extremely advanced in his quest before the cross moment. The cross would be to my understanding the moment when he got challenged to live what he preaches, but obviously that's only my interpretation and I'm up to reconsider.

Jesus shouted against the sky 'My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me? 

The seed has to trust that the tree will be born. It is a leap into faith. And that leap happened to Jesus: he relaxed on the cross and he said 'Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.'

Do we need to proof our faith via the acceptance of all the worse suffering one can imagine?

I have a terrible aversion for physical pain and gore. No wonder for a millennial western european. I'm still likely at a Siddharta pre-escape from its palace place here.

If you can relax in deep acceptance, trust, if you can surrender without any resistance. That's what Jesus did. That moment Jesus disappears, Christ is born. The Son became Father in that moment; all distinction disappeared. The last barrier dissolved, Jesus had come home.

o.O Yeah. Beautiful in theory but my ego still can't help but to think it is terrified to go through that pain.

Christianity depends on the miracle of the resurrection; it had been prophesied that the coming Christ would be crucified and then resurrected. Just take a few things out of the life of Jesus and Christianity disappears. If he is not crucified can there be a Christianity?

So Jesus and Christ are not the same thing right?

Jesus would be the individual and the Christ has something to do with the transcendental cousciousness instead ? Christianity is deeply imaged and sometimes I fail to see what's the hidden meaning behind the symbolism and the resurrection has been always a mystery to me.

Edited by Etherial Cat

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?” - Rumi.