How to be wise

A suggestion to deal with the banning crisis

66 posts in this topic

I see a lot of people are being banned. The number of threads that are being closed are bigger than ever. A desperate crisis. I advise @Leo Gura to return the ‘speculative’ thread so that people can talk their own theories there. I doubt that you can make people stop sharing their theories, so I suggest you give them a corner for just that. 

Earlier you said that people should come here to learn and not to teach others. But if everybody comes to learn, who will they learn from? A lot of people just want to share there ideas about spirituality and so forth. Granted a lot of those people don’t know what they are talking about, but they will share it nonetheless. The best way to deal with this is to return the speculative science and philosophy thread. When you closed that thread before, you said just post that stuff into the self actualisation thread now. But clearly that was a mistake. They are polluting the self actualisation thread. 

If you don’t take measures, people will become fed up with this. You said that you were stage Yellow thinker, so show us how you will deal with this problem.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

You can learn self actualization by teaching. Learning and teaching are not totally separate.

I summarized TJ Reeves' latest video on that thread. I learned a lot in the process of summarizing his video. Other people will also learn a lot from my summary.

@CreamCat Yes, but a lot of people want to philsophise as well. It’s better that a space is given to them for that, or else we will be seeing a lot of threads closed.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There is no crisis. Just stop bullshitting and keyboard-jockeying. That's all.

You are free to discuss any personal development related topic on this forum as long as you do so intelligently, without having some sort of ideological or egoic agenda.

Just be chill, normal, and don't start hysterics, fear-mongering, or preaching. And don't talk with authority about nonduality unless you have lots of direct experience. And even then, speak lightly.

People who start claiming nonsense like, "You are not God" will be banned. There is not going to be any discussion tolerated on this matter because it is pure ignorance spoken by a devilish ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Actually teaching people is one of the best ways to learn yourself. 

When you are trying to teach a subject it forces the person that is teaching to deeply understand the subject. 

When teaching highschool students for instance, one of the best ways to have them learn is to assign them topics to teach to other students.

Now if the kid teaching in that example fully grasps the topic is another mather. But it's a process of learning. 

I think most people 'teaching' on here are more reflecting, organizing their thoughts, and holding up a mirror for themselves. 

The issue is when a devilsh ego comes here and tries to "school" or "save" others in a combative way. Which is just the height of egotism.

@Leo Gura I posted the thread 'French Revolution and Spiral Dynamics'.

Today I see you locked that post.

Can you state the reason why? I assumed that maybe lot of people there were just philosophizing and this is not the purpose.

But even then, I want to know the reason from you for my own clarification.

Thank you.

Edited by Annoynymous

@Leo Gura But have you taken the time to understand where those people are coming from rather than just dismissing it from your pedestal. If somebody says ‘you are not god’, it clearly must be true for them. Do you see where they are coming from. Not everybody blew up their brains with psychedelics. And not everybody shares your opinion. The claim ‘you are god’ isn’t factually true. You just found it to be an appropriate phrase to translate your experiences. Maybe other people translated it differently. What I’m saying is that rather than dismissing a post straight away, take some time to see where it is coming from. I don’t think most people are here to literally play around. If they start a ‘delusional’ thread, it’s because they actually believe it.

@Annoynymous Because political threads like that tend to rapidly devolve into egos talking past one another. Nothing good was going to come from that thread at the point that it was at. And your question was answered anyhow.

Many people on this forum are not mature enough to handle serious discussions about politics or government. It just turns into an ego battle. Many political threads end up getting locked.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The issue is when a devilsh ego comes here and tries to "school" or "save" others. Which is just the height of egotism.

I think there is a fine line between a poster actually trying to help a person, or that a poster is trying to create stage for him/herself. 

Or in other words is the post about the message/information, or about putting the spotlight on the posters own persona.

@How to be wise I'm conscious enough to know they are not conscious enough to know what they are talking about.

If someone tells me "You are not God", they are straight up ignorant of nonduality. Case closed. I'm not gonna entertain their delusions any further.

Being openminded does not mean that I'm tolerant of bullshit. Just the opposite. A deep understanding of nonduality makes it extremely obvious to spot who's full of shit and who hasn't reached the deepest levels yet.

Egoless was promoting a dualistic Christian version of a separate God. Which is pure devilry.

It's obvious these people have not even bothered to do the basic research, to read the books, let alone to have direct experiences of the advanced and subtle things being discussed here.

But these devils don't just stop there. Then what they do is they use the PM system to corrupt the minds of other members behind the scenes, out of sight -- trying to recruit them to their narrow-minded ideology, slowly sowing seeds of doubt and controversy.

It's devilry plain and simple. And I'm not gonna sit by and watch it unfold. Devils who come here trying to run their tricks will get slapped across the face.

If you want a forum where devils run free, there are thousands of such forums available across the web that you can join. The purpose of moderation is not to censor free speech, but to weed the forum of low-quality members. It only takes a small handful of low-quality members to turn a forum into a cesspool. Because it's the low-quality members who tend to be the most devilish, the most arrogant, the biggest know-it-alls, the biggest bullshitters.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If someone tells me "You are not God", they are straight up ignorant of nonduality. Case closed.

That sounds a bit harsh to me. Hinduism is not about believing something, but about seeking. So non-duality is in essence something that has to be questioned and discussed over and over again, like the Indians did.

11 minutes ago, Sockrattes said:

That sounds a bit harsh to me. Hinduism is not about believing something, but about seeking. So non-duality is in essence something that has to be questioned and discussed over and over again, like the Indians did.

No, this a common misunderstanding.

There is nothing to discuss about nonduality. Nonduality is perfectly clear and perfectly documented.

The only thing to do with nonduality is to practice it. Anything else is the ego distracting from the work.

Debating God does not help anyone. It's perfectly clear what God is. The only question is: will you do the practices necessary to realize it?

That you are God is not up for debate or discussion. Look and you will see that it's true. Of course most egos don't want to look. Which is why they resort to all kinds of devilry instead.

This is why Zen practice is very austere and brutal. There is no room in Zen for debate. A Zen master would never allow debate in his zendo. Smartasses who try to debate a Zen master will get a punch in the face.

The proof is in the practice and nowhere else. If you want to ask questions about how to improve your practice, that is welcome and good. Stick to that. I love reading and answering those types of questions.

But starting threads about how Leo is full of shit, or how enlightenment is fake, or how you are not God -- that's just bullshit.

@Leo Gura well just shut down the PM function then except directly to Mods, and keep all the discussions out in the open.

That should be an easy fix. 

I don't see why anyone should have a problem with the PM funtion disappearing. 

Edited by SFRL

@SFRL The PM function is useful. It's only a problem in very rare cases.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@SFRL The PM function is useful. It's only a problem in very rare cases.

Yeah well just saying. 

I don't care either way if it stays or not. 

I would not even blink if the PM function disappeared though. 

@Leo Gura I must confess, that i often tought, that your responses were somehow ego-driven. And therefore i was questioning sometimes whether you're enlightened or not. But your Zen-teacher-analogy clears everything up. Keep going on, man. 

@Leo Gura I support the bans.  On the RSd forum, there were 3 incels who started lots of dumb Incel debates. Tyler had the same exact arguments with his forum members about the bans too Haha. 

It

1. Helped further and expand my limiting beliefs 

2. While they were posting, the majority of the forum devolved to arguing with then

3. Very frustrating cuz they were not open minded to listen to any other belief system

4. At one point It was so autistic that I couldn't even read the forum anymore 

5. I stopped learning as much because it was just dumb posts

Edited by d0ornokey