sneha

Why do i have the right to live?

14 posts in this topic

What decides we have the right to live?(I'm new at personal development ) please some simple explanations

Rights are conceptual creations of the mind. Take a look at what a right is.

Your rights are whatever you imagine them to be and whoever else you succeed in convincing to imagine them with you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why do you need a right to live? You just live!

You have no more rights than anybody or anything else to live and vice versa.

What's the difference between a duck?

At some point you were the fastest and most resilient sperm cell crossing the ultra hostile acidic environment of your mother's uterus without dying while around 3 million of your brothers and sisters didn't make it...I'd say that alone gives you a right to live.

For a deeper answer, some of the more conscious members of this group will have to contribute :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@sneha

Every 'right' is a human invention because justice and fairness is a human value.

All values are created, they are ideas. Reality is not an idea, it just is. So reality doesn't care about any right per se.

The real question is the 'live' part. To live, you must be born, and to be born you must be separate from what is(reality).

So basically this question means this, am i really important enough to live? If life is meaningless, why am I even 'here'?

If death and birth, both are illusory. I must ask you. What is really living? 

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Leo Gura okay I get it . But then I was thinking is our purpose to create an impact on others while making the best of our own lives? 

24 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

So basically this question means this, am i really important enough to live? If life is meaningless, why am I even 'here'?

This was what I was trying to ask@Saumaya

23 minutes ago, sneha said:

@Leo Gura okay I get it . But then I was thinking is our purpose to create an impact on others while making the best of our own lives? 

19 minutes ago, sneha said:

This was what I was trying to ask@Saumaya

Thats the purpose you have created. Life has no purpose. You must atleast see this. If you agree with this then you can ask this question

Why did I create this purpose?

Did someone tell me?

Is it the right thing to do?

Is it the most useful thing to do? You must ask why. Ask why of why. You will ultimately realise that life has no why.

There is only one rule to life. Do whatever you want

Do you want to help people, do you really need to have a 'purpose' for that, or is it natural to help people?

Do you want to become more mature, developed, because you enjoy growth, or because its your 'purpose'?

Do you want to create a good lifestyle or atmosphere around you because its your 'purpose', or its because its natural to do that?

I hope you see my point

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

@Saumaya i thought about this!yes agreed. when i was younger all i wanted was to find love. looking back that had been my main aim. to be near people i loved. i thought that would make me the happiest. but when i got rejected (which was obvious because who would want someone who had no life of her own?) i went mad i desperately began to seek attention and just wanted to fit in i fell into validation addiction. my soul began to rot. i think its not a good idea to have goals that depend on others. plus goals around stuff like money fame validation beauty success arent the right ones to chase too. i watched leos happiness videos. so should i base my purpose on those things which are truly going to fulfill me? i think so because i havent thought about it yet but i think i want to give people a homely feeling to those whove never experienced love or been in an abusive environment. maybe the women here in india who are poor and have abusive husbands provide them a living. ill think about it. life my life to the fullest while being passionate about this particular career which is going to move the world . that could be a purpose? im scared of chasing the wrong thing tbh i thought being accepted by people was everything and for that i chased beauty etc i had begun to rot from the inside 

@sneha For now I guess its best to pursue things that give you inner fulfilment rather than external pleasure.

You should know this though,

A lot of us pick up in some way or another, a belief that, something is wrong with us.

This manifests differently with different people.

Don't make the mistake of helping people, changing the world etc. as a coping mechanism to fight that belief. You must see that the fundamental thing hasn't shifted. If you still feel that something is wrong with you, there would be no point. You have just shifted the source of fulfilment from other people to 'doing these things in the world'.

You must fully accept yourself, then you can think about how you want to help society.

And don't worry about pursuing the wrong thing, there are no wrong things. You just learn from your and other people's mistakes and experience and move on. That's the best you can do right? ;)

There's Only One Truth!

@sneha reverse the question. Why would you not have the right to live? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I go with rights being permissions.

"You have the right to remain silent." Whether you do or not....and if I don't have that permission, what are you going to do, make me?

Whether you have permission to live, permission to stay in your home (Property rights), is a mute point until it's not. I have a right to X because without it I'm probably dead, maybe you have the right, maybe you don't.

Example. Do I have the right to go to the bathroom while at school, technically yes, by law and code of conduct. Although what if asking for permission the answer is no? 1) Go to the bathroom anyway. 2) Piss on the teachers desk. 3) Hold it in. 4) Piss yourself.

@RichardY this made me laugh so loud. I'm a girl btw ? I'll just stick with 1) and 3) :)

Edited by sneha
Grammatical errors