aurum

What Happened To Me After 18 Months Of Sungazing

42 posts in this topic

Remember too the tribes in the Amazon who live deeply in tune with Mother Earth. And yet they suffer in their daily lives. This is why finding the inner sun inside our hearts is so important, instead of thinking that anything external can lead to Unconditonal Love.

The purpose of the sun is to open our inner hearts wide open. You can see this in the ancient techniques where by you put your arms in the air in a v shape and feel the warm energy of the sun come through your left palm, and feel it’s joy expand your heart, and then give the joy in your heart as a present to the sun through your right palm. 

For me sungazing is very natural. There is no thoughts in my mind telling me I must do this, I just follow the innate guidance, and intelligence of my heart and sometimes find myself outside to greet the sun.

If we first don’t honour the spirit within the additional prana from the sun can be used to create a bigger ego, and this is why only select students are taught this in the past. When you live from your heart, these things come naturally, for your external life always aligns with the internal Unconditonal Love you feel.

Namaste.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@aurum @Leo Gura after reading this post and after yesterday's video on nootropics I think you guy's would be very interested in the work of Dr. Jack kruse, he's at the forefront of biohacking and more importantly the mechanisms of light upon the eye and skin and how disrupted circadian rhythms can cause a lot of issues with people living in modern societies. 

This topic reminded me of when Jesus said that if he is around a person they either have to choose the light, or reinforce their ego structure. This is the same experience I’ve had with the sun. 

There is a thoughtless, subtle energy to the sun that cannot be perceived when in the thinking mind. It truly can touch you at a deeper level when you remain deep within yourself, just like how you can only love someone as much as you love yourself.

❤️

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Has anyone tried sungazing beyond the conventional "golden hour"? When the sun rays are stronger? Has anyone actually been damaged before by "reckless" sungazing? 

This man (and many others in the comments) claim to have been sungazing for years and for hours on end when the sun is at its peak, I can see how this can be too extreme if you're just starting out, but maybe it's possible to do it progressively without losing your eyesight? 

Here's a picture of a sunrise over the ocean that was taken just this week. After taking just 4 pictures I was seeing some serious spots in front of my eyes even at this low altitude so be Very Careful!

P1060275 (3).JPG

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Here's a picture of a sunrise over the ocean that was taken just this week. After taking just 4 pictures I was seeing some serious spots in front of my eyes even at this low altitude so be Very Careful!

P1060275 (3).JPG

I see those spots all the time after doing yoga ( or meditation sometimes) your vision just gets unfocused and you tend to zone out. But why would that be harmful ?

3 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Ah...

I think I'm gonna cry.

Not only about him, but also about the whole sun gazing thing, but especially about him.

I don't think that dude has looked that much into the sun, he would be blind if he had.

Crying is good. Cry your heart out my friend

I might as well share my experience with sun gazing. This started 12 years ago when I was in Washington, Seattle, which would've made me 13-14's years old then. The duration was roughly a year long and back then I didn't know there was a legitimate practice for sun gazing nor know sun gazing existed. I had a bad habit of staring at random objects prior to sun gazing because of how funny lights would occur if I stared long enough. Again, didn't know anything at all about the lights being consciousness nor bothered to research what's happening.

There were two sources of motivation behind my experience; one was a video I've watched long ago about an Indian yogi who not only claimed to have stopped eating and drinking for years but claims to survive purely on air and sunlight and could transfer energy and levitated. The other was a book I had purchased at Chapters on ninjutsu which had this practice of staring at a candle light and moving from a well lit room to a dark room in order for the eyes to quickly adjust to changes, as well as other practices which I done because it was just so cool for me to do those practices and felt actually good. I still feel nostalgia bringing this up.

So, after doing months of practices from my Shinobi book I experienced my eyes being slightly more focused and able to shift faster to see in the dark and replaced candle light with yellow light from lamps. After coming across the Indian yogi video I felt more motivated to increase my eye powers or whatever I called it. Honestly, I really should have been more careful.

For the first couple of months whenever the sun was there I would stare directly at the sun, every other day per week. The duration lasted from a few seconds to about half a minute and I treated this sun staring exercise like how I stared at candle flame and light bulbs: gradual progression. Yes, it hurt the first few weeks of doing this, but I persisted. The difference here is that I would start sun staring at around noon to afternoon, with the occasional sun set staring.

Here's what I learned from this sun staring exercise:

The benefits:

The sun staring exercise hurt, but I gradually built a resistance to it.

The sun's colours changed, from a yellow, to a purple gradually expanding from the center of my vision, to blue expanding from the center of my vision, to the farthest I've gone to which was a slight greyish hue over the blues and purples.

When I got to purple and blue I could see the sun's shape directly. It constantly vibrates (maybe strain from my eyes) and it had this fine shadowing around it giving this sense of thickness to it.

After doing the sun staring exercise( as I call it) I felt pretty awake and alert. However, my vision had these light scarrings around my central vision which slowly reversed colouring back to normal vision.

My visual field started to distort.

Whenever I was with my family at the back seat of their car, whenever the sun came up and they had to use the shield passings or whatever the're called I didn't flinch at all when the sun came into my vision. I was so used to the sun at one time when we were on a vacation on a beach I didn't use sun glasses at all.

I was able to perceive objects a lot more from my peripheral vision.

I was able to see through LSD light.

I was able to adjust to darkness quicker.

The negative:

I eventually became partially blind at the center of my vision.

That's it. That's the trade off for this sun staring exercise and I had to wear glasses. It was not a fun trade off.

Not at all.

This is my bad trip report for the sun gazing exercise I didn't know and called sun staring exercise. I hope my fool's story really hammer home the dangers of not properly researching what you're doing in the first place. I've had to deal with this sun spot for 12 years! I've made my peace with dying with this sun spot as a twisted sort of achievement of my youth.

Despite this horrible experience, I've experienced what other people called ghost sight, which is basically where you see a line or curve of an object that shouldn't be seen from the blindspot yet you could perceive that part of the object. Hopefully don't be as stupid as I was and do your research and take precautions!

I used to be really interested in sungazing (never tired it tho), but I concluded that you have to 'purify' your subtle body channels (or whatever its properly called in the yogas) otherwise your system will get fried (the eyes being on the frontlines, go first). obviously its not some quick process, it of course would take years (it most likely would involve some sort of surya namaskara and candle trataka sadhana for several years. that is only a guess btw). that's why you can't do this shit without a proper guru (of which there are none remaining that any of us would have access to).

you would have to learn to properly ground yourself into the earth (however that's done. most likely very similar to qigong techniques). remember the sun is a celestial body, and man is a balance of earth and cosmos so you can't just take in pure cosmic energy without being connected to the earth (of which you are made up of) to give an outlet to dissipate the excess energy. (its obviously not as easy as just standing barefoot on the earth, that is suuuch a misunderstood and underemphasized part of sungazing)

its wayyy to complex for us to just read of a few people doing it and then trying to do it outselves.

Edited by passerby

5 hours ago, Pernani said:

I see those spots all the time after doing yoga ( or meditation sometimes) your vision just gets unfocused and you tend to zone out. But why would that be harmful ?

@Pernani I was speaking more of the spots you see in front of your eyes after you've looked away from a bright object. After taking the picture I went inside to make coffee and there was an orange orb in the middle of the view that persisted for 3 or so mins. Probably not a good thing if done every day.

Interesting stuff! I read something a while back about the angle at which sunlight hits the eyes being an important piece of relief from SAD, so I always take my hat off for at least 15 minutes on long runs, no matter how sunny, and definitely notice a boost in mood (over and above what a 2-3 hour run would normally produce.) I'll incorporate this more when I can! 

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I might as well share my experience with sun gazing. This started 12 years ago when I was in Washington, Seattle, which would've made me 13-14's years old then. The duration was roughly a year long and back then I didn't know there was a legitimate practice for sun gazing nor know sun gazing existed. I had a bad habit of staring at random objects prior to sun gazing because of how funny lights would occur if I stared long enough. Again, didn't know anything at all about the lights being consciousness nor bothered to research what's happening.

There were two sources of motivation behind my experience; one was a video I've watched long ago about an Indian yogi who not only claimed to have stopped eating and drinking for years but claims to survive purely on air and sunlight and could transfer energy and levitated. The other was a book I had purchased at Chapters on ninjutsu which had this practice of staring at a candle light and moving from a well lit room to a dark room in order for the eyes to quickly adjust to changes, as well as other practices which I done because it was just so cool for me to do those practices and felt actually good. I still feel nostalgia bringing this up.

So, after doing months of practices from my Shinobi book I experienced my eyes being slightly more focused and able to shift faster to see in the dark and replaced candle light with yellow light from lamps. After coming across the Indian yogi video I felt more motivated to increase my eye powers or whatever I called it. Honestly, I really should have been more careful.

For the first couple of months whenever the sun was there I would stare directly at the sun, every other day per week. The duration lasted from a few seconds to about half a minute and I treated this sun staring exercise like how I stared at candle flame and light bulbs: gradual progression. Yes, it hurt the first few weeks of doing this, but I persisted. The difference here is that I would start sun staring at around noon to afternoon, with the occasional sun set staring.

Here's what I learned from this sun staring exercise:

The benefits:

The sun staring exercise hurt, but I gradually built a resistance to it.

The sun's colours changed, from a yellow, to a purple gradually expanding from the center of my vision, to blue expanding from the center of my vision, to the farthest I've gone to which was a slight greyish hue over the blues and purples.

When I got to purple and blue I could see the sun's shape directly. It constantly vibrates (maybe strain from my eyes) and it had this fine shadowing around it giving this sense of thickness to it.

After doing the sun staring exercise( as I call it) I felt pretty awake and alert. However, my vision had these light scarrings around my central vision which slowly reversed colouring back to normal vision.

My visual field started to distort.

Whenever I was with my family at the back seat of their car, whenever the sun came up and they had to use the shield passings or whatever the're called I didn't flinch at all when the sun came into my vision. I was so used to the sun at one time when we were on a vacation on a beach I didn't use sun glasses at all.

I was able to perceive objects a lot more from my peripheral vision.

I was able to see through LSD light.

I was able to adjust to darkness quicker.

The negative:

I eventually became partially blind at the center of my vision.

That's it. That's the trade off for this sun staring exercise and I had to wear glasses. It was not a fun trade off.

Not at all.

This is my bad trip report for the sun gazing exercise I didn't know and called sun staring exercise. I hope my fool's story really hammer home the dangers of not properly researching what you're doing in the first place. I've had to deal with this sun spot for 12 years! I've made my peace with dying with this sun spot as a twisted sort of achievement of my youth.

Despite this horrible experience, I've experienced what other people called ghost sight, which is basically where you see a line or curve of an object that shouldn't be seen from the blindspot yet you could perceive that part of the object. Hopefully don't be as stupid as I was and do your research and take precautions!

Thanks a lot for your input man, can you tell me what this partial blindness in the centre looks like? 

1 hour ago, passerby said:

I used to be really interested in sungazing (never tired it tho), but I concluded that you have to 'purify' your subtle body channels (or whatever its properly called in the yogas) otherwise your system will get fried (the eyes being on the frontlines, go first). obviously its not some quick process, it of course would take years (it most likely would involve some sort of surya namaskara and candle trataka sadhana for several years. that is only a guess btw). that's why you can't do this shit without a proper guru (of which there are none remaining that any of us would have access to).

you would have to learn to properly ground yourself into the earth (however that's done. most likely very similar to qigong techniques). remember the sun is a celestial body, and man is a balance of earth and cosmos so you can't just take in pure cosmic energy without being connected to the earth (of which you are made up of) to give an outlet to dissipate the excess energy. (its obviously not as easy as just standing barefoot on the earth, that is suuuch a misunderstood and underemphasized part of sungazing)

its wayyy to complex for us to just read of a few people doing it and then trying to do it outselves.

Well you say you cant take in too much cosmic energy if you're not fully purified and grounded, yet isn't that what happens when ( some non purofied newbies for example) do psychedelics? It's true that psychedelics can be disruptive, but I think that's what the integration and grounding period that follows is for (never done psychedelics, nor sungazing b4 btw) 

3 hours ago, Pernani said:

Well you say you cant take in too much cosmic energy if you're not fully purified and grounded, yet isn't that what happens when ( some non purofied newbies for example) do psychedelics? It's true that psychedelics can be disruptive, but I think that's what the integration and grounding period that follows is for (never done psychedelics, nor sungazing b4 btw) 

psychedelics are made from earth elements (they grow in the ground), so they are actually much more grounded than you think (yet people still have trouble with them, SOMETIMES). also, everything you consume is just a stepdown of prana (which Is why we need to consume food. we are consuming a grosser form of prana life energy because we can't handle the more finer/subtler forms of it... that's why eating tons of meat is really bad for you coz the animals eat the plants and the prana is then flesh which is the grossest form, then we eat that... that is only the very basics of it.)

that's why only very few actually advanced yogis can actually sungaze and do specific pranayamas, and live mostly off of that (combined that they are in meditation 90% of their time which uses less energy).

basically, people claiming to have transcended the need for food are just trying to imply "my shit doesn't stink. infact I don't shit at all, i'm so pure and have a pure bumhole, ;)

Edited by passerby

10 hours ago, passerby said:

psychedelics are made from earth elements (they grow in the ground), so they are actually much more grounded than you think (yet people still have trouble with them, SOMETIMES). also, everything you consume is just a stepdown of prana (which Is why we need to consume food. we are consuming a grosser form of prana life energy because we can't handle the more finer/subtler forms of it... that's why eating tons of meat is really bad for you coz the animals eat the plants and the prana is then flesh which is the grossest form, then we eat that... that is only the very basics of it.)

that's why only very few actually advanced yogis can actually sungaze and do specific pranayamas, and live mostly off of that (combined that they are in meditation 90% of their time which uses less energy).

basically, people claiming to have transcended the need for food are just trying to imply "my shit doesn't stink. infact I don't shit at all, i'm so pure and have a pure bumhole, ;)

This all sounds like speculation to me. Why not try to give it a try for short period of time to see if it's harmful like you claim or actually helpful ? So that even when you start feeling like it's harming you, you can just stop, and the damage wouldn't be anything you can't recover from

i'm not willing to try it because I don't have access to a guru who has mastered the sungazing sadhana who can guide me to do it correctly myself. The best anyone can do is read all the info on the internet, then take the gamble (and i'm not a gambler)

I mean yeah, looking at the very very morning sun for like 30 seconds would obviously be fine. but thats not really what we are talking about when discussing the full sungazing protocol (sinces its supposed to be worked up to like an hour).

I started the sungazing practice January 1th 2018. I Finished 45 mints April 2020.

Im still practicing actually, 15 mints daily.

Benefits:

MENTAL: anxiety, worries and anguish disappeared.

PHISICAL: bruxism, intestinal pains and flu disappeared.

SPIRITUAL: Premonition, Intuition.

GREAT SPERIENCE

NAMASTE.