Barna

Why do I have to like my life?

21 posts in this topic

I know, the title is weird, but hear me out :D 

I just realized, that when I'm considering doing something risky, I'm afraid only because of one reason. This reason is that my future self wouldn't like the negative consequences. 
When I resist what I'm doing in the present moment, I'm only resisting it because the self in me doesn't like it.

But what is this "self"? Why does the opinion of this self appear to be more important than what's actually happening in the present moment? 

Why do I want this self to like this life? What if this self is really just the conditioning of the past? What if this current self couldn't even like how the unconditionally loving Self expresses itself?

Why do I have to like my life if I can choose to unconditionally love it? 

Well, with the questioning of the self, you have to explore that yourself. But you have a good start, you're resisting because the self doesn't like it, but why? Keep going deeper. Only you can answer that yourself

If you question about why you have to like your life, that shows real progression. Life isn't about liking, or hating it but living it. You're actually starting to see the bigger picture. What you are truly apart of.

9 minutes ago, Barna said:

But what is this "self"? Why does the opinion of this self appear to be more important than what's actually happening in the present moment? 

Some say it's because you are living in "psychological" time, that is created by thoughts which are expressions of memory, and sensory inputs from the environment. The thoughts cling onto themselves, and clings on what is the known. The known for you is that you exist as an individual who is separate from the universe. Essentially, you're living in the past because the thoughts are only formations by the memory-knowledge-experience :@

This is why you are scared as well. You are scared that you won't have any pleasure/security in the future, so every movement is an afraid step in the moment. The thought doesn't like that. The self can also be considered as a thought/identity that is formed in it's own accumulation :/ 

Again, this is what some people say. In actuality, you have to see for yourself

15 minutes ago, Barna said:

You can unconditionally love everything You can open up your love since love is a outcome of the opening of the heart. Once it's opened, can't close it. Got no choice but to love

Just question the hell out of that fear. Why the fuck are you scared of picking up that COFFEEEEEEE :o 

You're not human, you're the universe

36 minutes ago, Barna said:

Why do I want this self to like this life? What if this self is really just the conditioning of the past? What if this current self couldn't even like how the unconditionally loving Self expresses itself?

The only way to truly get this is to contemplate and figure it out yourself. But let me point you in the right direction. The self is like a computer program that you created. It's your ego. It's all your ideas of you and it's a projection. The ego cannot live in the present moment, so it does everything it can to survive by pulling you out and into the past or future. The self does not like unconditional love, because it thrives on division. The ego itself is a division of you, and it seeks to divide your reality into ever smaller pieces. To control you by fear. You don't have to like your life. Unconditional love is nothing more than the emotion you feel when you realize you are the universe. Love is an emotion of connection. It's not a choice, it just happens, because the self cannot survive with that realization. The self is literally melted away. That is your death.

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

When I ask "what is Truth?", the Truth is not gonna be the answer to this question. The Truth for me is the question itself. 

I’m not sure I understand your question. Seems you got a lot of mental masturbation going on lol

But anyway, you don’t have to like your life. “Having to like your life” creates an unhappy life. On the other hand, accepting that you don’t like your life is a healthier alternative.

1 hour ago, Barna said:

I just realized, that when I'm considering doing something risky, I'm afraid only because of one reason. This reason is that my future self wouldn't like the negative consequences. 

Be considerate to your future self. Sure, sometimes we have to go outside our comfort zone, but that’s not an excuse to do stupid shit. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

There is no such thing as life, theres only you, if you dont like life you dont like yourself and vice versa

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Barna There is truth to that. But on the other hand, not liking something is a spark for change. For example I don´t like working in my company cause I don´t really like the kind of work, it takes up to much time in my life, and I don´t really feel the company is creating happiness and wellbeing in the world, rather opposite it´s supporting egoic greed.
I could practice acceptance and stay and try to be happy since I create my own happiness and there is no I who feel unhappy. Or I could change, learn some new skills and work at a better company and try to work less hours and spend more time with my family. Which is the path I currently take.
Sometimes when I see a person begging for money with a picture of christ I cant help but think that instead of begging christ to help you, help yourself. Don´t accept the situation because its the will of the lord or something along those lines.
Like if you´re in a destructive relationship you can stay and accept your situation or leave for a better relationship.

Im really torn this way about the "spiritual" path and the egoic path. Isn´t there a reason why we have an ego in the first place? Must it be evil? What´s the point of being able to be untouched by terrible situations? There is such a loss of meaning (says my ego) down the spiritual path it scares it.
Just dont know man. Some situation acceptance is the "right" way but others it is not, that´s the only way I can see it now.
Maybe it´s like the greater and lesser jihad. Be practical in your lesser jihad and spiritual in the greater.

Exactly!  That’s a great insight.  Be mindful of what those imaginings actually are.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Barna said:

When I ask "what is Truth?", the Truth is not gonna be the answer to this question. The Truth for me is the question itself. 

Truth is the true Self that sees through the illusion Maya a.k.a. The illusion of Thought and Experience.  Truth is very real, it’s not just a mere concept.  Truth is actuality.  Truth is God Awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Barna Isn't the expression of that self based on fear and rejection of the present moment and therefore based in illusion?

Meet it with the loving and accepting self. Meaning  when that self says no you say yes.

I wasn't expecting answers, I was offering a contemplation. 

I'm not searching for answers and I cannot trust those who have them. :)

Go for it, after you tell us how it went. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Barna Let me quote myself

The only way to truly get this is to contemplate and figure it out yourself.

You are correct, you don't have to trust us. You'll arrive at the same conclusions if you do the work, just like Leo has said.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I don't believe in conclusions. :)

Conclusion exists only in thoughts. In reality, everything is infinite without finalities, without conclusions. 

I ask questions, but not to get an answer in thoughts. My intent is not even to start a thinking process. I ask questions because I like to feel into that curiosity that the question opens up in me. :)

@Barna Do you have an ultra-conscience (dual determiner of "right and wrong" "good/bad" to you)? What inspires you to make this post if you have no need for response? Is it to teach? 

*:)I could care less if you answer, but I'm doing this so you could know even if for your own sake, or if you're ok, then you're ok. 

@i am I AM I think there was a misunderstanding. I didn't say that I had "no need for response". :) 
Although, that's true, why would I need responses? :D 

I just said that I didn't ask those questions to get answers for them. Those were contemplating questions, not questions to be answered. 
A contemplating question in me comes from curiosity and it searches for a feeling, not a thought. 
I like contemplating, I shared it for others who would also like it. :) 

I just am watching to see if anyone confounds curiousity with conscience(s) or just mistakens one for the other... In any case, it's all good ! And I have been enjoying all the posts.

I can assure you, officer, everything is fine, no conscience around here! :D 

Seeking to like one's life is Ego.  What you want to do is live in the present and allow reality to be the way that it is and not to want to change it into something it's not.  People who spend a bunch of time trying to manipulate reality to get what they want are in the worst kind of Hell.  The best place you can get to is when you can accept reality exactly as it is, all the painful stuff included.  None of it is yours, that's the main insight.  It's just what is, but the mind likes to disown parts of reality and sets up a Thought about a different reality.  But that's getting lost in illusion, lost in the Maya of Thought.  And that's how you get mindf*cked by reality because you've set up a barrier between what you want to see from reality and what you don't want to see from reality.  The best place you can get to is when your eyes and ears are placed squarely on reality accepting reality exactly as it is in the moment.  Even when a family member is dying, there's no sense in getting angry or upset, that's just reality.  Getting upset by reality is one of the most Egoic things you can do.  The Enlightened person wants to be intimate with reality and fully accepting of reality.  That's what gives you liberation from Ego, liberation from Maya, liberation from the illusions of Thought and Experience.  For example, I have really severe allergies and am in a lot of pain during certain times of the year as a result.  The other day I became mindful that that pain is just a part of Experience, a part of reality.  It's part of what's here.  To expect pain not to be part of what's here is setting up a fantasy about what should be here instead of accepting what's actually here.  Reality is a matrix of all kinds of stuff, and to try to mold reality into one preference of your perfect little life is unsustainable.  That's why clinging to Ego causes suffering because you set up all kinds of Thoughts about reality that aren't reality.  And then reality comes around and bites you repeatedly in the ass!  That's because you weren't really looking at reality and got caught off guard in your fantasies.

Edited by Joseph Maynor