Charlotte

Activism

56 posts in this topic

@CharlotteOf course! 

On the flip side, being an activist might be a good test for the psyche which may bring you insight into human suffering, pain, anger etc. 

Personally I chose to learn through something i am passionate for as i don't look at the ego as being an enemy, but more of a guide 

8 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@DrewNows Love your input thanks so much. 

But I do feel it could create a stronger sense of duality with reality and I don't want that. I'm working on breaking down all barriers to embody 'oneness'. 

By pointing the finger at other (humans who inflict the suffering) this will create a deeper separation from the self and other. 

By becoming an activist I feel it could possibly feed into ego's identity even further. Trust me I really want to do it and it's torture deciding not to but I feel it could be yet another ideological trap. 

But you could grow faster if you become conscious of how ideological and how judgemental you can be while doing it ☺

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@DrewNows  Yeah you make a good point. Good perspective. Thank you. I'm now torn between yes and no ?

@Shin How does taking on another ideology and then observing it help growth?

On 10/10/2018 at 11:18 PM, Charlotte said:

Could one be an activist without falling into the traps of ideologies?

Yes, you act according to what is needed and take a multiple perspectives into account and decide what's the best course of action. Ideology is when you are stuck in one extreme and you are blinded to see how other perspectives mean. Ofcourse not all perspectives are right, but then you can prove them wrong. Antithesis and thesis lead to synthesis

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

8 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Ideology is when you are stuck in one extreme and you are blinded to see how other perspectives mean.

This is my issue right here. This is what I cannot comprehend when it comes to animal welfare and murder. Believe it or not I'm really open minded and welcome with interest all perspectives but with this topic it 'hits a nerve' with me. 

I've been radically practicing forgiveness and acceptance over the last so many days and it seems to of helped the situation as a whole. I think if I keep at it I may be able to take on activism in a 'healthy' way. 

Thank you so much for your input ♥️

31 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@DrewNows  Yeah you make a good point. Good perspective. Thank you. I'm now torn between yes and no ?

Observing yourself becoming ideologist and judgemental, consciously, to transcend it.

God is love

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

This is my issue right here. This is what I cannot comprehend when it comes to animal welfare and murder. Believe it or not I'm really open minded and welcome with interest all perspectives but with this topic it 'hits a nerve' with me. 

I've been radically practicing forgiveness and acceptance over the last so many days and it seems to of helped the situation as a whole. I think if I keep at it I may be able to take on activism in a 'healthy' way. 

Thank you so much for your input ♥️

Forgiveness and acceptance always helps;)

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Shin Your right shin, I was actually conscious of it happening but I didn't do enough to stop it. I got lazy. 

3 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Forgiveness and acceptance always helps;)

Certainly does ^_^

22 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Lucky you! Your decision can not be wrong for the work within is not confined to your decision :)

Fucking robot

705e31d039e07e9bf325f51516b93401.jpg

God is love

And God in them

@Outer I can't thank you enough for that video. I cried all the way through. Absolutely beautiful. ♥️

Beautiful quote.

I am changing myself. I'm doing the best I can. And yes it has 'rubbed off' (had an effect on) on other people around me.

29 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Shin ? "Beep bop bop beep"

I fucking knew it.

That's why you laugh randomly, it's all just bugs in your system !

God is love

And God in them