thehero

TJ Reeves going through spiral dynamics (beige - teal)

27 posts in this topic

Is that really interesting ?

Because I don't have 2 hours to waste these days ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin yes. It's really mindblowing what he says throughout the video about himself, spiral dynamics and he has many critiques about Leo in the video

3 minutes ago, thehero said:

@Shin yes. It's really mindblowing what he says throughout the video about himself, spiral dynamics and he has many critiques about Leo in the video

Hummm,

I doubt it's that interesting if he waste his time critizing someone else.

People who have really interesting and important things to say rarely waste their time doing that.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin your choice. the critiques helped me carve different viewpoints that were contradictory to Leo's perspective 

@thehero Different perspectives are important and necessary, but this does sounds like real bullshit.

12 stages and the later 6 are "enlightened versions" of the first 6 stages? Come on.. He is using and altering Spiral Dynamics to his own benefit, because he is craving for hierarchies. It sounds lie he just wants acknowledgement for his intelligence and he's using SD to justify that. 

But Spiral Dynamics never spoke about enlightenment. It isn't a system like Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically everything he says about Spiral Dynamics is just him wanting this model to be like this.

SD is about values and resulting world views. Not more, not less.

I don't get why his were posted here from time to time.

I think he had some good points. Especially that many spiritual teachers can become too passive and become a doormat and therefore integration of stage red is important. I realised I can be quite passive and it may be due to my resistance to this stage. 

However I think he overconceptualized the whole model and taken it too seriously like most people of this forum. It just makes things more complicated then they should for no reason other then intelectual stimulation 

3 hours ago, Sockrattes said:

@thehero Different perspectives are important and necessary, but this does sounds like real bullshit.

12 stages and the later 6 are "enlightened versions" of the first 6 stages? Come on.. He is using and altering Spiral Dynamics to his own benefit, because he is craving for hierarchies. It sounds lie he just wants acknowledgement for his intelligence and he's using SD to justify that. 

But Spiral Dynamics never spoke about enlightenment. It isn't a system like Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically everything he says about Spiral Dynamics is just him wanting this model to be like this.

SD is about values and resulting world views. Not more, not less.

I don't get why his were posted here from time to time.

You sound so convinced you’re right.

I don’t know what’s at Teal so good for him if he’s getting hits of Teal.  He always was a hard worker like myself.  I remember he used to post his notes on personal development on the Forum.  People who work hard improve in Personal Development just like everything else.  There’s a difference between Michael Jordan and the 13 year old kid playing hoops in his driveway although they’re both playing basketball.  If he reads this, I say congrats man!  Check out my extensive writings on Stage Coral in my Journal Vol. 8.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, CreamCat said:

What is Teal?

Teal is the level after Coral.  Coral is the level after Turquoise.

Damn, it seems TJ Reeves is creating new stages. Is he the pioneer of Spiral Dynamics?

Whether or not he is really Teal, I admire the level of discipline behind his beautiful muscles.

Everyone can understand disciplined muscles. I also like his masculine energy.

Edited by CreamCat

What I want with the death proof life is a training program for the world's greatest minds that goes far beyond what academia currently offers. Academia does not offer appropriate things to take care of the spiritual mind, .........

I'd like to see his training program of the future.

Edited by CreamCat

10 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Is he the pioneer of Spiral Dynamics?

It is more likely, that he's just a confident and intelligent but deluded boy diving deeply in stage orange.

He hasn't integrated green yet, because he has no clue what that is.

But that's ok. He is just 24.

To me, Spiral Dynamics goes off the rails once you get past Turquoise. I almost want to say that the creation of these higher tiers feels like they were arbitrarily created to give people a sense that they can continue climbing hierarchies which is very appealing in our society... perhaps in general. 

But personally, I don't find Spiral Dynamics very compelling for personal development in the first place. I think it can lead to a lot of delusions of grandeur and pegging one's self higher on the spiral than they actually are. The ego loves little systems for proving one's worth to themselves and the world. So, it can end up working like personality tests where the model ends up overshadowing the reality. They can be helpful... but only if people are brutally honest and don't make an identity of being at a particular level.

But I really love Spiral Dynamics from the social engineering perspective, in terms of being able to see what's coming next and being able to help facilitate those positive changes. So, it helps you play 'weatherman' with the state of society, and that's really exciting.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, Outer said:

Spiral dynamics is just another dream...

I don't get why so few accept permanent no thought.

Give us some reasons to support your conclusory statement.  You never give any reasons for your conclusory statements.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 10/10/2018 at 11:05 AM, thehero said:

He says he's moving into Teal

This video is high Orange with a little bit of low yellow. He mistates moral relativism (green) and systems thinking (yellow). He doesn’t seem skilled at post-rational thought

He mentions psychedelics, yet I don’t get the sense he has integrated his experiences. SD breaks down at Turquoise, and he didn’t acknowledge nonduality, and the loss of distinctions - language and concepts no longer make sense. He keeps mentioning some product - he is trying to sell? 

@Serotoninluv yeah you know what i was definitely feeling orange. i was writing it off thinking it was something in coral because apparently coral can be any other stage 

nothing wrong with being orange. just further my understanding

"leo's video on love is too feminine" 

"stop being a weak little soy-boy"

"echkart tolle's weak crowd needs to man up" 

"im on my way to be #1 in everything i do" 

"im #1" 

it seems like he's resisting green 

okay cool. moving on

Edited by thehero

He might purposely be decieving himself for entertainment, that’s why ‘we’ are here afterall. I think life really is like a videogame. And to be happy you need to master the stages. Up to turquoise you defeat your ego. But the bigger picture is using your ego with your    anti-ego or consciousness. Like making your unconscious and conscious parts of the brain synthesising. And after mastering ‘yourself’, you win. And start to change ‘yourself’ (the world) through your ego. While also being deathproof in a videogame, and having fun (self- deception). 

He might also be deluded but be careful that you are not being fooled by your own ego saying that. 

Edited by Andreas

8 minutes ago, Andreas said:

He might purposely be decieving himself for entertainment, that’s why ‘we’ are here afterall. I think life really is like a videogame. And to be happy you need to master the stages. Up to turquoise you defeat your ego. But the bigger picture is using your ego with your    anti-ego or consciousness. Like making your unconscious and conscious parts of the brain synthesising. And after mastering ‘yourself’, you win. And start to change ‘yourself’ (the world) through your ego. While also being deathproof in a videogame, and having fun (self- deception). 

He might also be deluded but be careful that you are not being fooled by your own ego saying that. 

Turquoise is still very much wrapped up in Ego — not in the Egoic self but Ego more broadly.  It’s Coral that really starts to see through Ego at the deepest level.  Coral is the stage where True Spirituality emerges when God is fully realized.

Edited by Joseph Maynor