Strikr

Isn't the sky beautiful ?

8 posts in this topic

@Strikr That’s something that’s always driven me. From an early age, I had many moments were I saw the indescribable beauty in very simple things, like a blue rainy day, or a room basking in the mid-morning sunlight. I’ve always been interested in how I can live my whole life basking in that beauty. I’m currently working towards it. I self-inquire for 2 hours a day in the hopes that I can reach that goal.

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Strikr That’s something that’s always driven me. From an early age, I had many moments were I saw the indescribable beauty in very simple things, like a blue rainy day, or a room basking in the mid-morning sunlight. I’ve always been interested in how I can live my whole life basking in that beauty. I’m currently working towards it. I self-inquire for 2 hours a day in the hopes that I can reach that goal.

You can by all means, just keep looking for the "true truth"

draw, sing, dance, play music, play even video games

stop judging, stop comparing your I-self, stop thinking low/high

stop having any fear for the next moment. 

put your love in the whole universe and yourself, love everything as it is

There is no evil, there is no good, there is only being

life is pure art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

"and the sky, it makes me feel so high"

- can you feel the sunshine, song

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Here are some interesting articles on sky gazing.

https://www.thewayofmeditation.com.au/blog/the-incredible-mind-altering-meditation-of-sky-gazing/

"Sky gazing is apart of the Dzogchen tradition which is considered the highest spiritual path within Tibetan Buddhism and has been kept secret and only given to the most devout students, but as one Meditation Master has said in these times of strong materialism, chaos and disturbing emotions there needs to be an equally strong practice that can counter those negative forces and sky gazing is a practice that can do just that."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-wandering/201607/look-the-surprising-joy-raising-your-gaze

"neuroscientist Fred Previc argues that this second visual system, specializing as it does in surveying “extrapersonal space,” the distant vistas above the horizon, is especially well-developed in human beings.  Previc goes on to argue that this area of the brain is strongly activated during religious experiences, meditative activity, dreaming, and probably any kind of artistic or creative activity that encourages us to reach beyond the bounds of nearby time and space into the infinite and eternal.  It’s no accident, according to Previc, that meditative states, trances, mystical or religious experiences are often accompanied by upward deviations of the eyes. "

The kingdom of heaven is within.