CreamCat

Is visualization still a cutting-edge technique?

11 posts in this topic

I try to visualize for 10 minutes every day. It hasn't been a month since I started it. There are a few problems with it.

• Since I visualize with my eyes closed, it is difficult to conjure up images and feel emotions. It is easy to be distracted while I visualize. It is easier to visualize vividly while I read or watch something inspirational. But, such vivid visualization opportunities are rare because most things I read or watch aren't inspirational with regard to my life purpose.
  • It's difficult to decide what to visualize.

Is there a more cutting-edge technique that is easier and more effective? Or, do I just need to do it better? Isn't self-image susceptible to destruction by others' negative opinions?

EDIT 1 : I just visualized for 10 minutes. I visualized being successful for a while. My visualization naturally moved to how to prevent myself from being distracted. I visualized writing down distractions in my smartphone's inbox and my computer's inbox. I also visualized making it a habit by rehearsing. Every day, I look at my inboxes and move items in inboxes to my task management system so that I will either drop the items or schedule them to be done in the near future. It seems that visualization is better for problem solving than for improving self image.

Edited by CreamCat

I use visualization for any psychic or healing work all the time.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I actually use pictures that I find online to match my ambition. I have a page in my journal that has images of what I want (or something close to it) and have a little paragraph/sentence below it to remind myself what the image is supposed to represent

With the question of what to visualise, I have had this issue. But @Nahm told me one piece of advice (correct me if this isn't what you meant) and it stuck with me... it's not all about what you want, it's about what you don't want as well.

You don't want to live in a shitty house, you don't want shitty relationships, you don't want anxiety, or to be nervous. 

Look for what you don't want too :)

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

1 minute ago, B_Naz said:

You don't want to live in a shitty house, you don't want shitty relationships, you don't want anxiety, or to be nervous. 

Look for what you don't want too

that is also imporant yes, but I think it is crucial this is done correctly

the mind - as far as i know - does not see the DO WANT vs DO NOT WANT

it is all images and visualization.

so when you have a DO NOT WANT and then you picture a shitty house

then all you have got there is a picture of a shitty house

rather, do it this way

think about a good house - having that good house automatically means no shitty house

you see?

focus on the positive - know within how that's automatically cancelling and omitting what you DO NOT WANT in the process but do not directly focus on the negative image itself

@B_Naz

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Very valid point

Something i want to add onto this... Sometimes when you don't know what you want, the things you want can be disguised. So even tho you may not care about the nice house, when you end up with a shitty house, it can be create conflict. It's because you never wanted that shitty house but were too occupied with why you don't want anything

It's really a question of wanting. If you don't want anything, then it means that you're in a state of not wanting. So you wouldn't want that shitty house anyway, but may not even realise it.

Also, negative turns into positive but that depends on the person, if they react to negativity. But that's an assumption that I made, my apologises 

with the question with do want vs do not want, isn't that what the Ego essentially is? You say it's all images and visualisation, which can be true but why are the visualisation and images occur in the first place?

Edited by B_Naz

@B_Naz yup. That's true.

About the image n visualization being what they are. As they just appear

The part about it all being ego is there yes. But really anything at all we do - all the doing mechanism - is done from the pov of ur current experience as ego .

That goes without saying

Sure once "one" has realized that "she/he" is pure awareness only then it is seen that there is no-doership

But while we associate ourselves with the body-mind , approaching it in this way is valid n should work...

Just like the law of attraction.. why are there so few success stories?

Most people wish for and ask from the place of lack... It's like one is crying in pain and saying please make this pain go away... Instead of accepting the situation, realizing that there is a thorn pricked which is causing the pain and then to remove that thorn

Unsure if I am on a tangent here

But yeah, any practice/action/this conversation is all an imaginary ego-self talking/interacting away with other ego-selves.

Love Is The Answer

17 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

But yeah, any practice/action/this conversation is all an imaginary ego-self talking/interacting away with other ego-selves.

I feel like the interaction is nice though. It's a way to be aware of what our ego is doing in it's present moment by seeing how others react. It allows me to relate to their situation, like with this topic on visualisation. Of course, it can have the complete opposite affect but that's on the seeker

Edited by B_Naz

i want to ask this... i have deeply understood i feel that the law of attraction works from the place of non-lack. you've got to be:

A) contend with where you are in life. accepting it fully

B) do not project that next boost/bump in your happiness into the future, when asking / wanting what you desire, bring that moment and feeling of having had that desire fulfilled already NOW. believe it with conviction that it is already here and that you've achieved it. when you genuinely feel that to the core of your being, it will manifest that in your experience as you desire. the sheer unshakable belief of having achieved it already is a requirement. it comes with entirely having faith and trusting in the process which in turn comes from understanding the process

note, A is a prerequisite of doing B

because if you don't have A, you're wanting from the place of lack while feeling shitty about what is and thereby giving rise to more shittyness around you instead of manifesting your desires.

#EasierSaidThanDone

#EasierDoneAfterUnderstood

#DontBelieve - KNOW THAT IT IS ALREADY THE CASE!

someone who is rigging a game of soccer to have a team lose and is 99.99% sure he will win the bet cuz of insider setup still has that 0.01% of WHAT-IF left.  (some unplanned error during the game could result in him losing the bet)

vs

after a certain event has transpired, then it is 100%. it IS. it has occurred. there is 0% room for WHAT-IF at this point

that's the type of conviction one needs in their mind when trying to achieve it . 100% believe = KNOWING THAT IT WILL (trusting fully that it will, IT MUST, for that's how it operates!)

to truly manifest and and get your desires, one needs to be very very close to the 100% trust in the process and believe KNOW that it will happen for him/her.

Love Is The Answer

On 10/11/2018 at 1:15 AM, B_Naz said:

I actually use pictures that I find online to match my ambition. I have a page in my journal that has images of what I want (or something close to it) and have a little paragraph/sentence below it to remind myself what the image is supposed to represent

I tried this, and visualization became very fun. It became far easier to feel emotions during visualization after watching images.

I watched images, closed my eyes, and visualized. If the image faded, I would open my eyes again, watch the images again, and close my eyes again to resume visualization.

I'm going to prepare more images for future visualization sessions.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:19 AM, SoonHei said:

when you have a DO NOT WANT and then you picture a shitty house

then all you have got there is a picture of a shitty house

rather, do it this way

think about a good house - having that good house automatically means no shitty house

Right. Thanks for reminding me of visualizing in the positive side.

Edited by CreamCat