Shin

Look at your fucking hand

39 posts in this topic

This is more about venting and expressing myself than anything else, but I still post this here because I think it can help to put some perspective for people on the same situation.

So I had a bitter pill to swallow recently.

It is that pretty much no one will genuinely care for you, whoever they are (except maybe your mother).

Everyone you will ever encounter only sees you as a way to satisfy a desire they have, they can't just love you and accept you for who you are, there is always an underlying reason to that.

When you get this, you will feel alone frequently, because you will know that only you can love yourself, no one else can, and never will.

The irony of that, is that it can't happen (permanently) until you awaken, because fundamentally you think you are an autonomous entity living separately from everything else.

That implies that you're denying yourself, and how could you love yourself if you refuse to accept what you are ?

You can't.

There is no one that will ever love you, or care for you, not selflessly, not if you don't meet their needs.

You will feel lonely often, but this is totally normal, you're lying to yourself about what you are after all.

This is a necessary step, to feel isolated from everything and everyone.

Nothing and no one can connect with you deeply, because no amount of pleasure or social interaction will satisfy the void you're creating for yourself.

Sometimes you will wish to forget all about this, life seemed easier and more satisfying when you were fully asleep.

Even if this was true, it is irrelevant,

You can't go back.

You have to die now.

You as a concept that thinks is moving this body, breathing this air, thinking those thoughts.

You don't exist, you never did.

I'm quite litteral, you don't fucking exist, did you ever find something that feels like you ?

No, the only thing you ever found was perceptions.

It's all very convincing, but at the end of the day, that's all you've got.

Perceptions.

You know what else is purely made of perceptions ?

An illusion.

That's what you are, a fucking mirage.

Think about the last character you liked in one of your dream.

That's what you are, neither real or unreal

But certainly not what you think you are right now.

You've put a suit, and totally forgot that you're wearing it.

No wonder you feel alone, you've invited yourself to a party with millions other "you".

But since those you aren't perceived as such, and that you only have perceptions

You always assume,

In the back of your mind, that you are alone, unfulfilled, restless.

Everything that you do in your life is a way to distract yourself from this.

0.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2jolvo.jpg

God is love

And God in them

PREACH

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 hours ago, Rinne said:

??Good stuff bro

Stop implying I exist ?

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Stop implying I exist ?

My fault bro. Oh wait... 

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Everyone you will ever encounter only sees you as a way to satisfy a desire they have, they can't just love you and accept you for who you are, there is always an underlying reason to that.

Mistake: Separation

7 hours ago, Shin said:

You have to die now.

Thumbsup

53 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

Mistake: Separation

Thumbsup

What do you mean about mistake ?

And please don't quote partially, especially this sentence, you know how dramatic the self can be ?

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

What do you mean about mistake ?

You loving other people is you loving yourself and vice versa. All the same.

I think he was getting at by saying separation

Edited by Shadowraix

Booyaa... so you can't go back right?

Makes me think of morpheus when he said there is always that splinter in the back of your head. Yeah no definitely no going back from a piece of wood in your mind itching there like no tomorrow

8 hours ago, Shin said:

Everyone you will ever encounter who sticks by your side needs you to satisfy a desire they have (or imagined they have)
So in the end they need you and it´s quite a nice feeling to be needed :) which is why it´s easy to get trapped. It´s not a premise for a long lasting healthy relationship.
In a way it´s sad that people stick by your side, that they need you. But you need them as well, we trap eachother in a circle where we feed eachother. Reality is harsh for the ego, this "false love" is an excellent escape.
We need to learn to love unconditionally. I´ve really taken that to heart since Leo´s video on love. It does feel we exist to learn to love unconditionally.
Great post! thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Edited by luckieluuke

How can “””””I”””” ever “normally” function with this knowledge? How can “”””I””””” ever have a family? I always get this feeling of “nothing fucking matters and the only right thing to do is go hide in a cave” when I read something like this and it touches “”””me”””””. “”””I”””” feel fear.

29 minutes ago, 5thPablo said:

How can “””””I”””” ever “normally” function with this knowledge? How can “”””I””””” ever have a family? I always get this feeling of “nothing fucking matters and the only right thing to do is go hide in a cave” when I read something like this and it touches “”””me”””””. “”””I”””” feel fear.

Joking or serious ?

God is love

And God in them

@5thPablo  Yea me too. The thing is that I think it´s from the perspective of an enlightened person that these things have no value, and from the ego´s perspective they have value. This is why I am afraid of these thoughts. It´s like a transition phase when I still have an ego but want to be enlightened (who is doing the wanting? ;-) )
It´s impossible for me to understand these concepts from my current point of view. All I can say is trust that it will make sense and do not fear it. Like you are a child and trust that you´r parents do what is right for you even thou it doesnt make sense to you know, but will when you´r older.
If it´s painful it´s because your ego is taking damage which is a good thing. Personally I´d like to add that maybe don´t rush into it, don´t try to live like you are enlightened when you are not. Maybe I´d like to make the transition into enlightenement slow so it doesnt cause loved ones around me to much harm. But these are just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, Outer said:

it's the i/me/ego that thinks that looking at the hand will get "it" enlightened. The human operating system 1.0 is where you're operating from, to switch to human operating system 2.0 requires self-inquiry and surrender. Why do you and why don't you want to switch? You know about surrender right? Self-inquiry?

Same sentences in every topic ?

God is love

And God in them

There was nothing new about the video, look at your hand is just object/focus meditation. Focus on something until it disappears into oblivion. Leo has talked about all this before.

If leo's video are MIND BLOWING to you every week that you have a sudden breakthrough that you need to talk about the new video with "new insights" about the latest sudden subject, you're probably:

a) not remembering his past videos,
b) not ACTUALLY doing the work,
c) not reading enough books on the subject.

19 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

There was nothing new about the video, look at your hand is just object/focus meditation. Focus on something until it disappears into oblivion. Leo has talked about all this before.

If leo's video are MIND BLOWING to you every week that you have a sudden breakthrough that you need to talk about the new video with "new insights" about the latest sudden subject, you're probably:

a) not remembering his past videos,
b) not ACTUALLY doing the work,
c) not reading enough books on the subject.

You are projecting.

I used this title only for buzz purpose ?

God is love

And God in them