Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baotrader

a Buddhist in my country

8 posts in this topic

THICH QUANG DUC was my country's Buddhist. The special thing about him was he had his disciples burn him alive. He did not move at all. The video is still available on youtube. Is this kind of act a sign of enlightenment? I doubt it. I want to hear you guys' opinions

Fanaticism.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Baotrader That was very generous of him. In order to decrease the persecution of Buddhist monks by the Vietnamese police, he burned himself alive to draw attention to the issue. That is a realised man. Until you are willing to go through that, your work’s not done.

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

He was certainly of high vibration

Also enlightenment is not an on and off switch, it is a gradient

Which explains why many on the path of enlightenment still embody a part of the collective misery, although in their own special way, even suicide done by someone of high vibration can carry a lot of meaning

So I maintain that no one will fully enlighten unless the whole world is enlightened, it is a collective evolution, we all carry the world inside of us and its emotional plane, as long as a part of the world is sick so will a part of us reflect that

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

21 hours ago, Baotrader said:

The special thing about him was he had his disciples burn him alive.

What? O.o

And did he mention why? Was he trying to make some sort of point? 

WTF?  :|

@Victor Mgazi read my post

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

22 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Baotrader That was very generous of him. In order to decrease the persecution of Buddhist monks by the Vietnamese police, he burned himself alive to draw attention to the issue. That is a realised man. Until you are willing to go through that, your work’s not done.

Yeah, I had already read it but I still don't get it. Is that what the monks said? It is was for drawing attention to the issue? Well if so then wow, talk about taking extreme measures. I'm sorry, but I still think that's a bit insane .

@Victor Mgazi This event influenced JFK as well. After this event, the U.S. pressured Vietnam into dealing with the persecution against the monks.