RiseAbove

Tell us your mantras

11 posts in this topic

Hello people. I am interested in what other people's mantras are, with a little bit of backstory. 

For example my current mantra is "non-threatening, non-threatened" which I took from an assertive communication video course and another video: 

(I know you may find the video offensive, but watch it first, because it highlighted me about the valuable lesson of how to say no)

I really find this mantra useful when I want to communicate with others and to find my way of correct communication.

Edited by RiseAbove

Alwo I find that monkey-mind chatter is hardly supressable, but this way it's directable.

Sunflower 

got the idea from a dude named Vinay Gupta, who claimed to be enlightened and it just sorta stuck haha. Now it’s transformed into being a very powerful way to quiet monkey mind and remind me that happiness is found in the present moment and quite literally nowhere else. 

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, it just seemed to resonate with me when I first found out about it. I found it during a time when I was getting desperate, trying to cope with depression and anxiety. It helped me remind myself that I had the power to change and get better.

"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo could be described as a vow, an expression of determination, to embrace and manifest our Buddha nature. It is a pledge to oneself to never yield to difficulties and to win over one’s suffering. At the same time, it is a vow to help others reveal this law in their own lives and achieve happiness."

"This is a dream" for potentiating lucid dreaming and now goes with hand gazing, too

"Even if it kills me" for settling into Vipassana/strong determination sitting

@Consilience Sunflower is a creative choice, never thought of using such a word for mantra. 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:36 PM, waking_dreams said:

"This is a dream" for potentiating lucid dreaming and now goes with hand gazing, too

"Even if it kills me" for settling into Vipassana/strong determination sitting

@Consilience Sunflower is a creative choice, never thought of using such a word for mantra. 

Well I can't take any credit. Like I said, it was from the Vinay Gupta who claimed he was enlightened. It IS a really creative manta though - incredibly simple and if you have a visual mind, it brings about a very peaceful image of sunflowers haha. 

I really like the attitude of "even if it kills me" haha. Strong determination sitting is the way to go when meditating B|

• Accept and surrender
  • It's concept and imagination
  • Take 100% responsibility

I use OM for the lower body and RA for the upper body. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.