Revolutionary Think

New videos becoming a bit demoralizing

35 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Recently I've noticed that in the new actualized.org videos @Leo Gura is always talking about how we are too lazy and dumb to actually go out there and do the work. Granted I do get lazy sometimes although not all the time. Also he's assuming a lot of things about a whole lot of people. When he talks about how the traditional education system is basically just as totalitarian and flawed as the Islamic education systems in the Middle East he's basically preaching to the choir. At a very young age I was very skeptical about the education system and all of my thoughts when I was thinking it was flawed and wouldn't help me when I got older turned out to be correct. I know that sometimes people need a kick in the ass to wake them up yet I think if every video is just going to assume we're a bunch of lazy good for nothings that aren't going anywhere because that's just who we are I don't think that kind of attitude is headed in the right direction. 

You gotta realize that Leo is talking to himself too in his videos.  So maybe kicking us in the ass is a way for him to kick himself in the ass.  I do that with my writing too.  Everything that I write about is for me on some level.  I can tell after watching all Leo's videos three times over that Leo, at least in his earlier videos, was primarily talking to himself.  I can tell in the more recent videos that he's helping noobs more and isn't really talking about his own personal development as much as he used to. 

The newer videos don't seem to be tracking his own growth like the earlier videos did.  I get the feeling that Leo thinks he's got it now and has basically assumed a teacher role for other people.  The earlier videos were much more about his own growth.  Even the psychedelics videos were like that.  I miss that urgency that he had when his videos were tracking his own growth and when he was passionate about growing faster than everybody else.  That is missing since the "Going Buddha" video. 

I think one of the things that made Leo inspiring to me is when he would sort of blog about his own personal development in his videos rather than play a teacher role.  Yeah, he was playing a teacher role too, but you got the sense that he was bringing you along primarily on his own journey through this stuff.  When I watch the earlier videos I see a guy passionate about growing and pursuing his own personal development.  The newer videos seem to be for somebody other than me and don't really seem to be about him anymore either. 

In fact, I don't know much about Leo's personal development anymore because he doesn't talk much about it.  I catch glimpses of it in his Forum posts which I try to comment on directly in the posts or indirectly in my Journal.  I kind of get the feeling that the focus on Leo's personal development stopped and now all the videos are about something other than Leo's personal development.  I miss hearing about Leo's personal development.  I miss the guy who was passionate about his own growth and would love to share that in his videos.  But you gotta keep in mind that I've been watching Leo's videos since mid-2014, and I've grown right alongside him.  Watching Leo grow inspired me to grow myself.  

I want to make sure I never stop talking about my own personal development in my writing.  The day I stop doing that, I'm gonna stop writing.  Writing only makes sense when I'm teaching myself first and foremost.  If I'm not talking about my own personal development and have shifted to primarily helping others, that's a red flag that I've gone from being a climber to a camper in this work.  And personal development is not for people who want to set up camp.  Personal development is for people who are constantly and passionately working on their own growth and working on their own lives.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Revolutionary Think

That's Masculine compassion. As I watch Leo's videos regularly every week, I've noticed this flow in him. For few months he would be in this mood, constantly nagging to our ears. 

Then next few months, it would be more of a feminine compassion where his tone would be much surrendered.

He does the same thing with video topics as well. Today he is glorifying spirituality. Next week he might shit on it by presenting a stage orange hardcore chase and grab type video just so his viewers don't get complacent and stuck in a particular rigid paradigm.

After the 30 days break, his swings and shifts have become more frequent and less predictable.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Do it now! 

:P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

How Leo presents the content of what he says is irrelevant to me. Personally I like the more aggressive presentation he does sometimes it makes the video more entertaining. I do not like the more serious stone-faced lectures some people do, but I can still listen to them. There are other spirituality Youtubers with a more passive style.

@Emerald

She's gotten more expressive (my preference), but in her older videos, they're more stone cold serious lectures, I do not like.

But whatever the packaging, I come for the content of what Leo has to say. Even he did a more passive presentation, I would not really care , personally , being more expressive and aggressive is more engaging to me, that however is about being entertained, and I don't primarily go watch Leo talk for 3 hours every week to be "entertained". I watch him primarily for the content of his videos so I may benefit off any wisdom I can derive for it.

A mistake people are making is taking things too literally and getting too technical. I just try to to "understand" what he is trying to get across, rather than taking stuff literally and getting offended, and then the video is of no benefit to me because "Oh noes, Leo seems to be being mean! Oh boi, I'm gonna get triggered now REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I don't take anything say too seriously. If I want to take something seriously, I come to my own conclusions on why I should take something seriously, not because Leo told me to. 

I sit on the fence with what he says and think for myself about what the actual truth of the matter is. His presentation I care not for.

Edited by Lorcan

Its never bothered me.

I admire his assertiveness. Although at times egoic. Its something I seek to embody and train in myself. 

Edited by Artaemis

Whether he embodies or actually does the work towards what he says is also not relevant to me. If he is not doing his own work which he himself knows will generates results is his own problem. If I want to verify if what he is saying is not just waffle, I can "do the fucking reading" (XD) or study other spirituality channels on youtube.

This is not to say I have my criticisms of Leo, but my criticisms are futile. It is ultimately his responsibility to improve himself and how he wants to present things not mine, and vice versa. I do not judge him for it.

Edited by Lorcan

He doesn't seem overly aggressive or condescending much at all. Only to the extent in which it might keep my attention. 

His tonality is heavily compassionate. There is an undertone of gentleness there. Reminds me of Bashar. Endearing. 

He seems to have a strong turquoise element at this point. He utilizes synchronicity/meaningful coincidence, is watchful and sensitive to the system.

Thats my analysis. 

Edited by Artaemis

@Joseph Maynor Nice observations. There was a definite shift in his energy.

Edited by Artaemis

Leo is projecting his own flaws and experience, don't worry about it ;) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I actually think Leo is really funny, my family always gets suspicious when I laugh at my phone screen lmao.

Anywayy, Leo had a video about masculine and feminine compassion (one of my favourites from him), so what you are trying to communicate here is that feminine compassion works better for you. But Leo still remains a compassionate being. I guess. 

He has a target audience and he's talking to them, so when you hear the word "lazy", either: 1. evaluate where you might be lazy in your life and the bad consequences of this, or 2. don't take it too personally and know you're not the only one listening to his videos.