Revolutionary Think

New videos becoming a bit demoralizing

35 posts in this topic

Recently I've noticed that in the new actualized.org videos @Leo Gura is always talking about how we are too lazy and dumb to actually go out there and do the work. Granted I do get lazy sometimes although not all the time. Also he's assuming a lot of things about a whole lot of people. When he talks about how the traditional education system is basically just as totalitarian and flawed as the Islamic education systems in the Middle East he's basically preaching to the choir. At a very young age I was very skeptical about the education system and all of my thoughts when I was thinking it was flawed and wouldn't help me when I got older turned out to be correct. I know that sometimes people need a kick in the ass to wake them up yet I think if every video is just going to assume we're a bunch of lazy good for nothings that aren't going anywhere because that's just who we are I don't think that kind of attitude is headed in the right direction. 

It's the same attitude he always had.

He takes the role of the male friend/brother, the one who will call you a pussy until you start doing what you're supposed to do.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I don't know didn't seem he had that attitude back in the day. Also not everyone likes the being called a pussy stuff. Leo talks about getting in touch with your feminine side too even if you're a man. Some people like the being an jerk/asshole style and some don't I think he should play to both and not exclude a style. 

@Revolutionary Think You might be missing the infinitude he is pointing to. He’s tasked himself with, rather, dedicated his life to, communicating that which can not be believed, fathomed, or understood - without doing the work for yourself. I think a good case could be made, that he is being gentle and encouraging, given it’s your life we’re talking about. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm to each their own I guess. Still if 99.999% of people aren't even watching his videos I'm thinking there should be more of an encouraging community instead of a person just assuming his viewers are lazy, although yes there is a point that when the work isn't being done a person has every right to get frustrated. 

In fact I feel his pain. I also put content out there on Facebook and YouTube and I want people to actually think long and hard about it although these days you'll be lucky that people even remember anything profound that they've seen or heard a day after. I remember being so annoyed that I'd expect people to have long conversations and stay in touch to really think deeply about what I said and get active. These people being so lazy and feckless they don't even leave comments just likes... 

1 hour ago, Shin said:

It's the same attitude he always had.

He takes the role of the male friend/brother, the one who will call you a pussy until you start doing what you're supposed to do.

To take that kind of stance you better be doing Michael Jordan level work yourself.  Otherwise it's just talk.  I could make a video pretending to be some kind of hard ass if I wanted to.  To call other people out you need to be doing that from a place of obvious superiority.  Leo had better be working harder than I do on this stuff.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's an act, done tongue-in-cheek. Don't take it too seriously.

I play around to keep myself entertained. What else is there to do? Lecture dead seriously? How boring!

One of the most important aspects of this work is to be playful and unpredicatable.

Life is a stage and you are an actor whether you realize it or not. Act consciously.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura The whole worlds a stage ;). Good to know because that's the entire reason fundamentalist religion disgusts me. 

Edited by Revolutionary Think

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's an act, done tongue-in-cheek. Don't take it too seriously.

I play around to keep myself entertained. What else is there to do? Lecture dead seriously? How boring!

One of the most important aspects of this work is to be playful and unpredicatable.

Life is a stage and you are an actor.

Wait until the day you realize this stuff is dead serious and has nothing to do with play.  Truth has nothing to do with play.  Ditto for reality.  Play is a distraction to Truth-seeking.  A lot of people are using this stuff for Entertainment and for other purposes other than Truth-seeking.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura OK I'm a bit confused. Is the calling your viewers lazy the act or the actual stuff we need to be inquiring on the act? Since I don't know if you were responding to Joseph or me. Although I like sarcasm I can't really tell if that was it at this point :)

46 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

@Leo Gura Is the calling your viewers lazy the act or the actual stuff we need to be inquiring on

You are always welcome to prove me wrong by making something of yourself.

I call you lazy to goad you into action. It's the digital equivalent of throwing a cup of cold water in your face.

Buddhists call this "skillful means".

I know an old Zen master who would grab his students by the balls and squeeze them hard.

So consider yourselves lucky ;)

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I know an old Zen master who would grab his students by the balls and squeeze them hard.

Shit.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If they didn't have balls would he squeeze em by the pussy? Seriously though he'd tried that shit with me I'd have kick his ass so hard he'd be pooping out his mouth. 

18 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

If they didn't have balls would he squeeze em by the pussy?

Oh, it's even easier to trigger a woman's ego. He would just fondle her breasts.

You see how predicatble you are? Triggering that ego takes hardly any effort.

I find it a bit annoying at times as well. But for me its not that saying "your lazy, do this, you dont do it because xyz", its how he says it. The tonality and loudness make my ears feel boo boo...