Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ire

Is somebody here doing a phd?

8 posts in this topic

Hey  everybody! I am currently doing my last year of my phd in biology, so i was thinking if somebody here is, or went through that same experience.

I would really like to know how was that experience for you guys, during and after the phd.

Congrats on making it so far.

My postdoc in Biology was awesome.

What are you planning on next?

Nice!

I have PhD in my field of work but is accredited by myself and those who saved their lives with my work.;)

Maybe it will be tough to get analyzed by other doctors I don't know, I only have a bachelor degree and personal info experience from other known doctors. If you want to go into the school system ladder and teach, is your choice and best of luck. For me, I don't have respect for any Phd doctor in any field. A genuine shaman is more respectful in my opinion. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Thanks @Serotoninluv and @Hellspeed for your Reply.

@Serotoninluv in which field you were working and what are you doing now? I do not know what I am going to do after. I am very unmotivated with this career because I could perceive that University is corrupt and that make me feel very Angry and disappointed. My professor just is not providing any Feedback any discussion any Nothing is just there not doing his duty. At the other side, is good for me because I have a lot of freedom and be creative to do my things alone. However, when the time of writing the article arrives, I do it but he tries to manipulate the data to fit in accordance with what already exist without questioning and being critical but since is in Nature or Cell he wants to agree and not do nothing else instead of describing the result just how they are. I would like to know your opinion.

@HellspeedDoing a PhD gives you a lot of good skills, nevertheless does not mean you are a genius or a expert afterward. So is nothing about having or not respect for having a PhD degree in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, Ire said:

@Serotoninluv in which field you were working and what are you doing now? I do not know what I am going to do after. I am very unmotivated with this career because I could perceive that University is corrupt and that make me feel very Angry and disappointed. My professor just is not providing any Feedback any discussion any Nothing is just there not doing his duty. At the other side, is good for me because I have a lot of freedom and be creative to do my things alone. However, when the time of writing the article arrives, I do it but he tries to manipulate the data to fit in accordance with what already exist without questioning and being critical but since is in Nature or Cell he wants to agree and not do nothing else instead of describing the result just how they are. I would like to know your opinion.

My phd was in molecular biology. I am currently a bio professor. Universities can be delusional and corrupt. I work at a small liberal arts college that supports multi-disciplinary / integrative teaching. I'm currently teaching a course on consciousness. At most liberal arts colleges, you can elevate to green or yellow without problem. Yet, I don't think I could go Turquoise without push-back. Yet, that is prolly true in most careers in an Orange centered country.

@Serotoninluv Yeah you wouldn't mind if I just showed up to the class would ya? 

I was only in college for a short time but I would of loved to have you as a professor.

Just finishing off my research based Masters in aerospace engineering if that counts haha. I had played with the idea of doing PhD but gone off the idea. Don't want to waste any more time on useless "education". 

@Shadowraix Last week a freshman student asked me if I was a *real* scientist. He immediately apologized. . .  I smiled as I realized that I have been Deepak'd by @Leo Gura xD