moon777light

How can i trust Leo when he always contradicts himself? ~Actuality video

45 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

Point your finger at the moon and everyone will see a different finger, but no one will see the moon.

"The" moon?  Whose moon?  Your moon?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@moon777light Leo's videos are the road signs not the road itself and conveniently you choose the road!

All this theoretical manbo jumbo you say here pretty much says "I've never done yoga". You do the ACTUAL science experiment, Leo only gives you suggestions of which experiments to conduct. 

All it matters is if it actually works in practice, not conceptually. Do the practices and find out for yourself, good luck!

@MM1988 No, yoga is not concepts. Yoga is actuality.

I said to forget yoga because you get lost chasing fantasies of what yoga is.

Yoga is looking at your hand.

But with all that said, if you have a yoga practice do not stop it. What I said was for the purposes of that video.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

@moon777light

In this story the buddha gave two radically different answers to the same question "Is there God?". This might seem contradictory, but it's not. He told each of them what they had to know in order for them to keep seeking answers for themselves and not get lost in their concepts.

When Leo contradicts himself ask yourself: Who is he talking to? What is the context? Is the context different?

This assumes Leo is as wise as the Buddha.  It's really convenient to cover up for inconsistencies in your teaching to put the burden back on the student.  Unless you really are as wise as the Buddha, of course.  But I actually disagree with a number of things that Leo has said about Enlightenment, and I've actually written about most of them in my Journals.  This idea that Leo can make inconsistency a problem that falls exclusively on the shoulders of his students is passing the buck.  After all, it's hard to be consistent.  To be consistent at something, you have to know what you're talking about forwards, backwards, sideways, and cross-ways.

I recall studying Engineering at UCLA and I went to the professor to complain that a lot of his questions and answers in his book (the sh*tty little book he wrote) had errors in them.  He told me my job is to find all the errors.  How am I supposed to find errors in complex mathematical questions?  I can see finding errors in the answers, fine.  I felt like it was wrong for him to shift the burden like that on me, the student.  All I needed was for his damn questions to be clear, and then let me figure out the answers.  It wasn't my burden to fix his book -- he should fix his book.  But see he turned that around on me.  It became my problem not his problem.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Trust your Guts. Trust Satan. Trust Hell. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This assumes Leo is as wise as the Buddha.  It's really convenient to cover up for inconsistencies in your teaching to put the burden back on the student.  Unless you really are as wise as the Buddha, of course.  But I actually disagree with a number of things that Leo has said about Enlightenment, and I've actually written about most of them in my Journals.  This idea that Leo can make inconsistency a problem that falls exclusively on the shoulders of his students is passing the buck.  After all, it's hard to be consistent.  To be consistent at something, you have to know what you're talking about forwards, backwards, sideways, and cross-ways.

I recall studying Engineering at UCLA and I went to the professor to complain that a lot of his questions and answers in his book (the sh*tty little book he wrote) had errors in them.  He told me my job is to find all the errors.  How am I supposed to find errors in complex mathematical questions?  I can see finding errors in the answers, fine.  I felt like it was wrong for him to shift the burden like that on me, the student.  All I needed was for his damn questions to be clear, and then let me figure out the answers.  It wasn't my burden to fix his book -- he should fix his book.  But see he turned that around on me.  It became my problem not his problem.

Tell us the inconsistencies.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 hours ago, Shiva said:

@moon777light

In this story the buddha gave two radically different answers to the same question "Is there God?". This might seem contradictory, but it's not. He told each of them what they had to know in order for them to keep seeking answers for themselves and not get lost in their concepts.

When Leo contradicts himself ask yourself: Who is he talking to? What is the context? Is the context different?

Lol, da fuck, I have almost never heard more bullshit than this. The story of course is made up, there is no word from the Buddha himself written anywhere.

If someone is contradicting himself, that can mean two things; 1 the context is different and you interpret it differently (you are right there). 2 he is actually contradicting himself. If 1, a 'good' teacher should explain the difference and not let people be in confusion. Sadly, there are almost no good teachers. Leo is young and still on the path, so he is unable to explain it clearly to himself and to you as he is still searching and doubting himself. Therefore inconsistenties can appear as he is learning himself and sees that what he thought before might be different.

No good teacher would ever let his "students" dwell in contradiction and let them dwell in a see of questions, if he knows where the student is stuck. Thst would be sadistical. But again, there are almost no 'good' teachers. Thich Nhat Hanh might be the only one in the western world. Sadly, the Dalai Lama is a poor teacher from what I have seen. All the Western 'spiritual' teachers are just jackasses, trying to exploit Buddhist and new age interpretations.

So nice storytelling but you are not fooling me. You are a loyal servant though.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

15 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

"The" moon?  Whose moon?  Your moon?

Exactly. Even he who points his finger cannot see past his fingertip. Leave the moon alone, there's nothing there to grasp. 

Only no one sees the moon for what it is.

Edited by WindInTheLeaf

13 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You are spot on right, but, alas, that is the way the world works. You can spot an inconsistency, but to make this clear to other people you have to explain it.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

39 minutes ago, Shiva said:

It doesn't matter if the story is true or not. Unless you are a historian?

The lesson to be learned is what matters.

Helpful lessons for me are not through storytelling. Especially when the lesson doesn't bring you anywhere.

I disagree with you. A good teacher will show his students the path, so that they discover the answers for themselves. What good is a math teacher who feeds you all the answers to all problems and tells you it's 7, 6 or 59? Sometimes confusion is exactly what a student needs because confusion is what gets you to think.

For me, a good teacher explains how I come to 7, 6 or 59. After that I can reflect upon how he came there to verify if it makes sense. After this I can explain this to others. Else I will keep trying to figure out how I come to 7, 6 or 56 my whole life, while someone else already figured this out. But I guess it depends upon what you want out of life. 

I think you just can't handle confusion so you're making Leo the bogeyman. It's your own mental immaturity that's in your way, not leo.

You're the bogeyman.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

You're taking leo as so much granted. He's just running a show of actualized.org videos.

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

@Emanyalpsid You are lazy! If you want readymade answers, sign up for religion. If you're a serious seeker, stop arguing and start inquiring! 

Either you see the value of a teaching or you don't. - If you see it, get to work and implement it! If you don't, get to fucking work even harder! 

Arguing and trying to debunk it won't get you any closer to truth. It's a distraction from the work that lies ahead of you.

When it comes to Truth, there are no shortcuts. You have to discover it yourself. Leo may point you in the right direction, but that's all that he can do. If you expect him to feed it to you, you're just lazy.

Hold your horses, I never said I want readymade answers, I said I want someone to explain me "how I come to," if I wanted a teacher. You say I am lazy, but do you know how much time and effort it takes to reflect upon what someone says? And I mean really reflect, not only think, but test it in practice. I would never just blindly implement what someone says.

Don't draw conclusions too soon boy or you may end up making presumptions.

Now get to work yourself. :) I already found everything there is to find. 

2 hours ago, non_nothing said:

You're taking leo as so much granted. He's just running a show of actualized.org videos.

Who's talking about Leo? :P

On 07/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, Outer said:

Who is doing all the yoga, meditation, etc?

I love these questions, though if the answer was clear, this forum would be empty.

“The greatest obstacle to enlightenment is getting past your delusion that you are not already enlightened.”

- Ramana Maharshi

Or.. Did he really say that? I can't find where he really said that.

That doesn't sound like Ramana - more like the Neo Advaita teachers who are trying to pass themselves off as Ramana's "lineage" and teaching the instant gratification consumers guide to enlightenment.

3 hours ago, Freakyboo said:

That doesn't sound like Ramana - more like the Neo Advaita teachers who are trying to pass themselves off as Ramana's "lineage" and teaching the instant gratification consumers guide to enlightenment.

Nobody seems to realize that both the cliff notes and the novel can both be useful.  It’s not this versus that, it’s this and that.  Our minds always want to say this or that when we can have this and that.  Learn from everything.  Be a sponge.  Even the dumbest person can teach you something if you look for it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 10/8/2018 at 4:35 AM, WindInTheLeaf said:

Only no one sees the moon for what it is.

Nicely put! :)

The simple answer is you do not @moon777light     

If you continue to follow leo more confusion awaits.  He is an enept teacher when it comes to the process of enlightenment. 

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.106370/page/n5  

Read this book and  you will learn more about reality and conceptional traps than  Leo's half ass explanations.  

Best book on the process of enlightenment I have ever read. Good luck. 

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind.