Ross

Don’t want to be enlightened

11 posts in this topic

Will it happen if I do 30 mins of normal meditation a day, I will become enlightened and lose the ego? Because this is something that I don’t want as I don’t think I’ll ever want to accept true nature of reality. 

Will it? Maybe.

Likely? Not without the contemplation component.

I don't think you will lose the ego. You will transcend it, as in, you will see answer the nature of the ego and more.

How can you lose something within the universe, when the universe is all there is. No possible escape for the ego. It never disappears, only your awareness of the ego does :) 

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

Nothing you dont want will ever happen so theres nothing to be afraid of? This is a great opportunity thou, to find out who it is that is afraid, deep down you know its nothing to be afraid of, still fear arises. Why is that? Is it your fear? Do you WANT to be fearfull of freedom of suffering?

No. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

You may lose your mind but its not what you think ;)

B R E A T H E

Maybe after 30 years of mantra mediation you could become enlightened at after 1/2 hour a day, gotta do "self inquire" or do "sds sits"or "do nothing technique"

Not wanting to be enlightened is the first step to freedom. The Motive to become is all of self. All doings prevent freedom. And a method like do nothing is included dudes. 

Edited by Jack River

ego is an illusion so what's there to lose? what is it you seek from meditation? 

Edited by DrewNows

This is where you're wrong. Your ego doesn't want to know the true state of reality, because it knows that will be its death. But the reason you're here on this forum asking this question is precisely because a part of you is curious. The true self. Which side do you want to see come to fruition? Red pill or blue pill?

That is the choice you must make. But be aware that you're killing yourself with either decision. Killing your true self if you step away, killing your ego if you go down the rabbit hole. There's really no in-between option, believe me I've tried. But you know exactly where one of those roads leads...

Contemplate and practice to distinguish the part of you that doesn't want to kill yourself, and the part of you that's curious about it (the intuition about it). That will be invaluable down the road. Good luck my friend. I'll add that your hesitation to go further is grounded in your misunderstanding of what ego is. If you truly knew what it was and how and why it functioned, then this would be a no-brainer (pun intended).

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo