Argue

James Randi - The Investogator/debunker

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Lately I've seen plenty of members talk highly about Teal Swan, mystic stuff, and other marshmallow fluff. 

People have been talking about the third eye, and psychics etc. 

Personally, I don't believe in any of it because these people who use it scam the naive for money!!!

I care about truth. Really, I do. And, it hurts me that a lot of people buy into this phony mythical stuff. I want to let you all know to not be naive. Don't believe it or pay out money because it's all scams. Please.

James Randi has a $1,000,000 challenge and requests any spiritual teacher to prove their powers. That challenge started in the mid 1900s. It's 2016 and no one has won the $1,000,000 yet! You know why? BECAUSE THERE ARE NO SUPER POWERS! 

To read more about James Randi, check out this link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi

I'll get flamed and hated but I don't care because I want to help this world and wake people up to the truth! I'm not trolling either. It just sad how naive and delusional people are! 

True mystics don't care about money ;)

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

This is why I strongly dislike Capitalism (Money in general to be honest) People abuse it , they use money as a means to take advantage of other people.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad I'm not the only one bringing up this subject over and over again. Some spiritual people seem to have completely lost their touch with reality and they start believing in all kinds of pseudo-scientific ideas without a drop of skepticism whatsoever. It is nothing more than a wishful thinking and a very comfortable state of delusion. Sam Harris talked very clearly about this in his video "Spirituality without religion" and made it very clear how there is a rational side of spirituality which does not have to involve all kinds of biased concepts. And that the core of Zen Buddhism is by itself harmless and very useful as long as self-improvement and the realization of truth is concerned. The problem begins when people start mystifying this whole 'enlightenment' thing. I personally disagree with Leo that there is some kind of "path" we need to follow. People treat the idea of 'enlightenment' as if it were something real or objective. Some kind of place one gets to. But the whole idea that there is some kind of a  mystical 'journey' is completely absurd. Zen Buddhism should be used as a tool for discovering certain truth in life, instead of making it a lifestyle. 

Edited by asgard94

To find absolute truth, you need radical open-mindedness. You need to test these things for yourself, construct some sort of experiment, because If you blindly blow-off mystisism as "pseudo science" with pure ignorance with little to no knowledge or eexperimentation whatsoever, then you are not a good enough scientist. This is why in anything spiritual radical open-mindedness is needed. You might as well forget about life purpose, because it involves masculine and feminine "energies". You have research, but no experimentation, which means the case is closed. How can you even negate spirituality without even testing it? Not that I am strongly inclined to spirituality, but meditation itself is the search of one's true self, and is spiritual in sense. Again, ignorance is not bliss, it is ignorance. I believe in this spirituality thing because of the experimentation with NoFap, I got some of "magnetisism" with woman, they were really attracted to me for some reason, you have to firsthand experience these things to believe them. little did I know it was abundance of sexual energy, I abused it incorrectly and got hospitalized for psychosis, and had a psychotic break with reality. I wondered why all that happened until I researched that you're not allowed to play with these kinds of things. Mystics aren't going to go prove they have superpowers, the idea that yogis have some kind of superpowers is silly. Everything in the million dollar challenge is astrologers, their purpose is to bullsht you and steal your money. Do you even have any scientific background? You also spelled investigator wrong. You also biased your own definition of absolute "Truth", ironic isn't it? You're also chasing low conscious bullsh*t like money and woman. This whole idea of arguing is monkey business, we should argue to learn, not to prove.

Edited by JevinR

@asgard94 Zen Buddhism is a religion, the act of meditating to become enlightened is the journey itself.

I agree, but too often I see people abuse it :((

23 hours ago, asgard94 said:

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad I'm not the only one bringing up this subject over and over again. Some spiritual people seem to have completely lost their touch with reality and they start believing in all kinds of pseudo-scientific ideas without a drop of skepticism whatsoever. It is nothing more than a wishful thinking and a very comfortable state of delusion. Sam Harris talked very clearly about this in his video "Spirituality without religion" and made it very clear how there is a rational side of spirituality which does not have to involve all kinds of biased concepts. And that the core of Zen Buddhism is by itself harmless and very useful as long as self-improvement and the realization of truth is concerned. The problem begins when people start mystifying this whole 'enlightenment' thing. I personally disagree with Leo that there is some kind of "path" we need to follow. People treat the idea of 'enlightenment' as if it were something real or objective. Some kind of place one gets to. But the whole idea that there is some kind of a  mystical 'journey' is completely absurd. Zen Buddhism should be used as a tool for discovering certain truth in life, instead of making it a lifestyle. 

Sam Harris does actually say that enlightenment happens to people. Though he sees it as the event that happens to people that lose their sense of self.

Though I do agree with the essence of what you are saying. The Buddha did say that people should not believe things just because; actually investigate things before putting faith in it.   He also mentioned that his teachings should be used as a raft to get across the river of desire and then abandoned (once you reach the other shore) just as all other concepts are.  

A lot of people make a religion out of his teachings, but I think that is just a human thing to do, it gives some people meaning.  Nothing wrong with that, so long as there is no harm to others. 

Edited by SkyPanther