Shin

Why can't you wake up right now ?

21 posts in this topic

That's a serious question.

Why can't you just awaken right now ?
What's stopping you ?

Do you think more meditation is necessary ?
Do you think you need to clear your mind more ?
Do you think you need to activate a specific chakra ?
Do you think it's necessary to self inquire for months ?

Is it because your teacher told you only a saint can do it, that it is reserved to an elite ?
Is it because you think you need to fix "X" problem first ?
Is it because you need that right insight from a specific books ?

BULLSHIT, ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!!

The only thing you need is to stop seeing that thing you call reality, REAL !

Just stop it.

Start looking at it the same way as a dream !

It's not because it seems more constant that it is more real, remember dreams that lasted FOR YEARS ???!!!
It's not because it seems realistic that it is more real, because every dream you ever had seemed LOGICAL AS FUCK when you were in it …
It's not because it seems you are a real person that it is more real, YOU DREAM ABOUT BEING AN INDIVIDUAL ALMOST ALL THE TIME !!!!!!!!!!

5a815f077a556_Sanstitre.png.218b527d9eafeac3ccc2e180733401cd.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin The ego won’t surrender without a fight dude.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Shin

2 minutes ago, Time said:

How do i wake up? What will i wake up to? Define waking up in the context of an ordinary american life, otherwise this talk seems to point towards suicide. Please elaborate. Thanks.

The ego won’t surrender without a fight dude.

You Don't need to die in a dream to realize it's a dream.

When you die in a dream, you just awaken in a dream that looks like it incorporated that last dream.

You get it ?

You're still not awake, you're still dreaming bro !

God is love

And God in them

Well, you are also the one who put yourself to sleep in the first place.
And you made sure you wouldn't just randomly "wake up".
That would break the illusion. Ruin all the fun.
Those spiral stages want to be lived through ;-)

enjoy

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

3 minutes ago, Tistepiste said:

Are you awakened?

Even leo isn't enlightened

No.

But if you do want to, I suggest you to not dismiss this post because I ain't.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin but it's kind of paradoxal in the post you're claiming you should "just awaken" while you aren't yourself :P kind of proves that method doesn't work, right

20 minutes ago, Time said:

How do i wake up? What will i wake up to? Define waking up in the context of an ordinary american life, otherwise this talk seems to point towards suicide. Please elaborate. Thanks.

You wake up to the fact that this is a dream, it exists in and via thought/imagination. You can go into (be in) the dream consciously ie, you can consciously think/imagine you are here rather than unconsciously, ie, unconsciously think/imagine you are here.

3 minutes ago, Tistepiste said:

@Shin but it's kind of paradoxal in the post you're claiming you should "just awaken" while you aren't yourself :P kind of proves that method doesn't work, right

That's what every teachers in history tells you to do ?

And with that logic, you shouldn't do any of what Leo says too ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Time said:

@Shin So what's the method? Is there a way to awaken? This all BS talk, Leo is still in this ''dream''. Only Leo has given us ways to wake up, by killing our ego AKA our physical body. Which can be interpreted as suicide.

Leo needs to be more clear, his wishy-washy, twisting of words can be understood in ways in which he might not want you to. I guess thats what happens when Russians come to our country and try to learn our language. His grasp of the English language is moderate, i guess he can still work on it.

I just told you in simple english what to do.

God is love

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Time said:

i think i'm a dream and i can do whatever i want.

Why would you assume you (the ego) can do whatever you want?

Edited by Shadowraix

1 minute ago, Shadowraix said:

Why would you assume you (the ego) can do whatever you want?

Because that's exactly how the ego works.

5 hours ago, Time said:

@Shin You told me to stop doing everything and see what we call reality as a dream. What does this change? This just removes inhibitions as now i think i'm a dream and i can do whatever i want.

No.

I just told you to stop thinking you need a specific situation to wake up, that the only thing necessary is to see the dream as it is.

That doesn't mean you start doing some stupid shit that will hurt people who still firmly think they are living a real life (or to stop any practice that helps you feeling better).

That's where some people are really dumb about this, they will use the dream excuse to be lazy and do every nasty thing they think will make them happy, regardless of how other people feels.

That's not at all what I said, that's a bastardization of it.

Even if you were enlightened, that still doesn't change the fact that most people aren't, and thus still suffer because of it.

This is something to keep in mind, otherwise you'll gonna be a fucking Zen devil, I 100% fucking guarantee it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

It's a trap! :ph34r:

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I like your passion for Enlightenment Work, but I don't think you're really interested in discussing things.  Whatever you have to communicate or teach is lost on me, I don't get it.  It's easy to say that everyone is wrong -- but a lot harder to say why they're wrong and how they can correct their errors.  That requires discussion and contemplation, which I get the sense you think is "mental masturbation".  You gotta be a little bit more careful on what you think mental masturbation is.  Contemplation is necessary in Enlightenment Work.  There's a difference between Contemplation Work and mental masturbation.  Mental Masturbation is Thought focused away from self-observation.  Contemplation is Thought focused towards self-observation.  If I'm trying on your insight to see if it fits and I ask you on what basis you have to say what you do, that's me trying to get more information from you to try on your insight.  Otherwise your insight is just mental masturbation to me and 100% hearsay.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I like your passion for Enlightenment Work, but I don't think you're really interested in discussing things.  Whatever you have to communicate or teach is lost on me, I don't get it.  It's easy to say that everyone is wrong -- but a lot harder to say why they're wrong and how they can correct their errors.  That requires discussion and contemplation, which I get the sense you think is "mental masturbation".  You gotta be a little bit more careful on what you think mental masturbation is.  Contemplation is necessary in Enlightenment Work.  There's a difference between Contemplation Work and mental masturbation.  Mental Masturbation is Thought focused away from self-observation.  Contemplation is Thought focused towards self-observation.  If I'm trying on your insight to see if it fits and I ask you on what basis you have to say what you do, that's me trying to get more information from you to try on your insight.  Otherwise your insight is just mental masturbation to me and 100% hearsay.  

But it is.

Unless you directly focus on awakening, you're doing mental masturbation, IF your goal is to awaken.

If you comtemplate on something else, that's a total different story.

Continuing to create posts to debate or trying to grasp god by thinking about it is 100% you doing mental masturbation to not self inquire for real.

You know you don't need all that to awaken, that's precisely why you do it, it's a self defense mechanism, albeit more sophisticated and difficult to see, but it is nonetheless.

If you don't get that, then you'll be lost for years or decades to come.

God is love

And God in them

Just do lucid dreaming for a month and you would clearly see no distinction in your night time dreams and everyday life. Every word you say, every thought you have would appear to happen by itself and you would lose track of time. Time won't exist anymore and life would go by so fast that you would get blown away watching everything happens by itself, in itself. Ego would resist and cry in the beginning, but with time it would make peace with the reality and there is nothing to be scared about, nothing to loose and nothing to chase.

Life is indeed a dream and once you realize it there is no going back to sleep.