Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Requesting a video on the levels of enlightenment/post enlightment?

7 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Depends on the depth of your enlightenment.

Only at the deepest levels will you be conscious in deep dreamless sleep. Plenty of sages and mystics have done it.

But don't expect that from one enlightenment. That usually requires multiple enlightenments and decades of serious consciousness work which almost body here will do.

Like I keep telling you guys, there are many levels to this. Enlightenment is not a binary thing.

@Leo Gura seems like most all of your videos and teachings are focused on pre-enlightenment, or leading up to enlightenment. Then there are many videos on how to reach a Nonduality state. But there doesn't seem to be videos on post-enlightment. 

If realizing one is God/Infinity/Truth, and that you do not exist, and there is no anything, as it's all an allusion that you can wake from, is not full Enlightment. And there are actually, as you say, many depths and levels to enlightenment one must learn to reach permanent Nonduality Enlightenment (I'm assuming that's the main goal?). Then could you please do a video covering all these many depths and levels? 

How does one one attain a permanent Nondualistic state? How does one that is fully enlightened opperate in the world? Would they even be able to? Would they need to retain some Ego to opperate in the world, cause in a total Nondual state there would be no separation of anything? And if so, then it sounds like one could never be fully Nondual and interact in the world, is that how it works? If it is possible, how could a person who has no Ego interact in the world? How would they interact with others? How could they navigate any kind of relationships with others, with no Ego? The deeper one goes up these levels of enlightenment, do they typically find it harder and harder to be in society? What are the pifalls, traps, desired outcomes of each of these levels? I think it'd be very helpful to have this area fleshed out.

I know once I do 5-Meo and hopefully have my Ego and Identy disappear, become Nondual, know Infinity/Truth; afterwards, info like this would be invaluable. After waking up from an enlightenment experience, once the Ego starts seeping back in, it would be nice to know how to retain this state. Having the knowledge to navigate post-enlightenment and all the many different levels of enlightenment, Knowing what are the highest levels, would all be immensely valuable.

Anywho, hope you consider it. Would love to hear your thoughts on this possibility. 

I will, but it's not an easy topic to talk about.

And honestly, most of you just need to focus on doing the basic work, not fantasizing about post-enlightenment.

The ego seeks all of these answers because it does not want to do the work.

The whole point of enlightenment is that it's a leap into the abyss. You have no idea what it will mean for your life. That is true discovery. A deep surrender and trust is required. Not trust in people, trust in Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Find your own levels of Enlightenment.  Track your own journey.  People don't want to look at themselves, they want to cling to theory about something.  But in this work looking at yourself is the only relevant thing.  You don't need to look anywhere else other than you for your answers.  What are/were your Enlightenment levels?  Contemplate that.  Can you look back on your own Path and see something there?  Would you be willing to write about that and share that with us?  That would be doing the real work.  You tell us what the levels of Enlightenment are from your own looking at your own Path.  That's the opposite of hearsay theory in this work. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I will, but it's not an easy topic to talk about.

And honestly, most of you just need to focus on doing the basic work, not fantasizing about post-enlightenment.

The ego seeks all of these answers because it does not want to do the work.

The whole point of enlightenment is that it's a leap into the abyss. You have no idea what it will mean for your life. That is true discovery. A deep surrender and trust is required. Not trust in people, trust in Truth.

@Leo Gura   I personally wouldn't want this info for mental masturbation or a fantasy excuse not to do the work, but to have for when I do have that huge Nondual experience. Would be nice to know what to do after. To not just fall back into all the Ego illusions again. I'm more than willing to fully surrender (me, my beliefs, my life). Just want to know how to navigate the rest of 'my' life after the leap into the abyss. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

In the "Integral spirituality" Ken Wilber lists the stages: gross, subtle, causal, witnessing, nondual.

Of course the map is not the territory so it's just an orientation. The process is gradual with quantum leaps. Even when you have the non-dual experience there's a lot to grow.

Also watch the first part of the interview of Shinzen Young on the channel "Buddha at The Gas Pump". They cover this topic.

To retain the state of awakening and expanding is really going deep in own drama. 

The growth in the body/mind is infinite like evolution.

There are more enlightened human beings and less enlightened. It is like a bodybuilder's journey but different. Yes, enlightenment cannot be quantified. There is a point on which everybody can find a common experience, that is awakening and change, from that state on, is infinite, literally. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On October 5, 2018 at 6:42 AM, Privet said:

Also watch the first part of the interview of Shinzen Young on the channel "Buddha at The Gas Pump". They cover this topic.

@Privet thank you, this covered many of the questions I had. A bit rambling and unfocused, but great he covered the many facets of post enlightenment.