electroBeam

Life Purpose Dilemma

5 posts in this topic

I can't seem to get satisfied.

No matter what I try, nothing satisfies me.

What I am trying to do is live a good life. I really want to live a life that satisfies me. I believe that what I should do with my time here on earth is basically figure out what makes me happy and do it. Use intuition, channeling with deities to try and deeply connect with that thing that deeply makes you happy, and try and connect as much as you can. This is what personally makes me the happiest. And I want to do this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So to cut a long story short, my approach for living this life is this:

Find a job where I can get paid to do things that fascinate me, makes me curious, makes me excited, makes me touch that aspect of reality that is beautiful, transcendent, find a job that allows me to bask in pure, raw, renaissance style creativity. If I find a job that does this, the job and workforce can be my very own spiritual channel for connecting with God. Just by being in the prescence of the work place, and just purely by doing the work, I connect with god. Just like how ancient Indian yogis built those amazing temples because the very act of being apart of building those temples gave them nirvana. I want to find a job like this.

So I found a job that did that for me.... until 6 months ago. I'm currently the CTO of a company that makes robots for the medical area. Its deeply meaningful because its medical, I personally see it as a divine act of grace because saving someone's life is one of the most meaningful things you can pursue in live, and it requires me to get in touch with intellectual and empirical exploration of life... because I need to delve into artificial intelligence, which gives me the divine opportunity to really contemplate on what being human actually means, and what intelligence truly is from an existential perspective.

Yet I have a problem... even this job doesn't satisfy me as much as I want. What I really enjoy in life is the pure act of discovery itself. Purely observing phenomena and getting fascinated, wowed, overwhelmed by it. Like if I read some mathematic formulas about chaos theory, and then try out the formulas in real life, play around with them, and discover some amazing empirical observations about it... I get overjoyed.

Has anyone got any tips on how I can try and infuse this sort of work into an engineering startup? Do you guys generally try and have a work life balance, where you sanction off some of your work to mundane survival, and the other to something your passionate about, or do you try and combine them?

Any personal reflections would be awesome! Thankyou in advance :)

In this life I think you should put yourself into a position of complete autonomy. Some sacrifices may be needed indeed, but they should be conscious ones to which there are alternatives. This way your autonomy isn't affected.

You can sanction some of your work for mundane survival if that's the conscious decision you need to take right now, but I think you should strive to find a way out of that situation asap, because otherwise you are imposing limits on your life purpose. And to fulfill it fully, you need to have control of the whole plane, not merely 70% of the steering wheel. That's my way of thinking though.

And if your purpose doesn't satisfy you anymore, it's a sign to either morph it in some way or do some deeper soul searching you have been avoiding. And only you can do that. All we can do is to give you kicks in the but and keep you accountable for it, but the work you have to do yourself.

You also know your field a lot better than us here. That's a sign to take ownership of the situation and do your research. If the first step is this question to see if something bites on this forum, it's good, but not enough.

But, you can find your own unique niche if you combine things that are special to you. Because it is not easily replicable and you won't worry about competition. Even if there were competitors, if they reflect your greatest passion, impact and mission that you have, no competitor will be able to keep up with you, because you are gonna be 10 steps ahead.

Last recommendation would be to take the life purpose course again. If you haven't done it already, buy it. 

If you finished the LP course and hadn't gotten a clear sense of what you need to do, you either took the course and exercises superficially OR you need to take it as many times as needed until you have full clarity.

Get a journal and get to work.

Good luck.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Also, apply the limiting beliefs exercise from the last module of the course to your own comments. I think you're gonna get lots of value out of that.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

11 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Has anyone got any tips on how I can try and infuse this sort of work into an engineering startup?

Wrong question and where I think you’re going wrong. Follow this bliss as what you’re describing seems truly authentic. What it sounds like your getting stumped by that’s really blocking this deeply intuitive creative capacity that CAN create massive value in the long run is that you’re trying to take this round peg (this deeper intuitive drive you’re describing) and trying to fit in this round hole (your current area of expertise and domain/industry). 

This is where I got stumped a lot. I wanted to take this new insight on what I’m really excited about and fulfills me and try to take that into my current domain of expertise and then get frustrated because I don’t know how to make them fit... Which isn’t to say these two thing can’t fit! Sometime they do go together but sometimes they don’t. Be willing and open to your intuition and where this bliss can take you. 

And of course, take the life purpose course if you haven’t taken it yet.

15 hours ago, electroBeam said:

No matter what I try, nothing satisfies me.

the ego's thirst is endless. nothing will ever satisfy you.

unborn Truth