Julian

Your Favourite Quote

88 posts in this topic

"There are no accidentes"

- Master Oogway (Kung fu panda)

I became aware of how deep this is with Leo's Determinism video.

I love all of Albert Einstein's quotes, but this one's my favorite:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Grant♪ said:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

image.jpeg

16 hours ago, Therealbigyo said:

No single quote in particular really resonates with me strongly. However, what I'm focused on now is:

"We are creatures of habit".

Not sure who said it, but I've come to realize our lives are basically a sum of all our habits because we have little control over what we do most of the time. That's my experience at least. I may be at a lower level than some here. Working on it! 

That is actually a very powerful realization compared to most quotes around here. It's very practical and down to earth.

45 minutes ago, Grant♪ said:

This quote always reminds me of the archetypes book where it's explained that people all have a predominant archetype behavior (took the link from Google, if it's an affiliate link excuse me, didn't mean to)

A human being is like a seed. Either you can keep it as it is, or you can make it grow into a wonderful tree with flowers and fruits.

If you think one piece of creation is better than another, you have completely lost it.

Karma means ultimate responsibility. You even take responsibility for your genetics.

Spirituality is ultimate greed. You don’t just want a piece of creation – you want the source of creation.

“I want to change you” – that is not a revolution. “I’m willing to change” – now this is a revolution.

Your thoughts and emotions are the drama that you create in your mind. You must be able to end it somewhere.

What you see as cosmos is a living mind – intelligent space.

Everything that can be created has already been done in creation. As human beings, we can only imitate, not create as such.

Life and death are like inhalation and exhalation. They always exist together.

Pleasure is just a shadow of joy. When there is no joy in you, you become a pleasure seeker.

The physical is only a small aspect of existence. In this cosmos, not even 1% is physical – the rest is non-physical.

People call books holy, but they are yet to realize that life is holy.

"Never judge a thing you see,

it's only what your mortal eyes will want it to be"

-lyrics from "Let the storm descent upon you". Band: Avantasia: Album: Ghostlights.

so fucking true and deep! Just what Leo is talking about all the time. Everything is an illusion, everything is just a belief you hold, and everyone only sees what their ego wants to see. You put labels on everything, you judge everything, this you will never see the truth.

Edited by Coach Vito

I'm quite fond of  Nietzsche's quotes;

• “In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.” 
  • “Every deep thinker is more afraid of being understood than of being misunderstood.” 

But recently I stumbled across a quote that I found quite interesting;

• "The mind is like a parachute, it does work if it's not open"
  •  

3 hours ago, Yavor Kirov said:

That is actually a very powerful realization compared to most quotes around here. It's very practical and down to earth.

Thanks for the feedback Yavor! :) Loving these forums. It's day 2 for me. I'll follow your page.

My favorite quote:D:

"There is no who to even have a perspective as to having a point or a purpose in life"

I also love this one:

“You're saying there is no actual universe?” “I'm saying there is no actual anything.”

The fool who knows he is a fool... Is that much wiser.. The fool that thinks he is wise... Is a fool indeed -Gautama buddha

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin (most likely).

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to understanding ourselves"

"We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore exellence is not an act but a habit"

"Live each day as your last -- without frenzy, apathy, and pretence."

"Attack the evil within yourself rather tha. attacking the evil that is with in others"

"When you know your direction and living it fully, your core is alive and strong"

"If you make friends with yourself you'll never be alone"

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

Christ when he said we must learn to love even our enemies seemed so powerful to me...

Now I have a better understanding of it
:-)

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same."

Jesus

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

- Annie Dillard

“Life is funny and it is interesting how we make it as serious as possible.”
―Elisha Cuthbert