Julian

Your Favourite Quote

88 posts in this topic

I'm just curious. Which person inspired you? Which words had an impact on your life?

For me it was when I read T. S. Eliot's Four Quartets: 

"We shall not cease from exploration, and at the end of all our exploration will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

Thats just beautiful to me. :D

"Death and Life are in the Power of the Tongue"

-Proverbs 18:21 (written by King Solomon)

Meaning your words can have a very negative or positive impact on people. Use them wisely!

Edited by TruthSeeker

“When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” -Winston Churchill

over they years i have heard other people's and discovered my own quotes of great value for my everpresent life and dealings with it, but one quote has remained very sharp and clear with me, guess it is only one that made most sense and was of value. i dunno who was the person that was noted for it. but it goes something like this: ''when wind blows in your sails, take the chance and explore the world, when wind does not blow, take the opportunity and clean your ship''

it resonates with me as strongly now as it did back then when i came across upon it =]

40 minutes ago, TruthSeeker said:

"Death and Life are in the Power of the Tongue"

-Proverbs 18:21 (written by King Solomon)

Meaning your words can have a very negative or positive impact on people. Use them wisely!

"If there is no enemy within

The enemy outside can do us no harm"

It is from a motivational video and when I heard that something clicked in my. It was like I had to know more about what this really mean. That was my beginning of path to self actualize.

'instead of paying attention to the content that arises in the now. put your attention on the now itself.' eckhart tolle

"Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft"

- Will Smith

Basically every quote that relates to hardworking keeps me motivated and helps me to keep going

"They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"
-Waking Life

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Anything by Tony Robbins - Can't go wrong there.

"To model excellence, we have to start with the belief system of excellence"

"When someone treats you poorly, create a sense of compassion instead of anger, take charge of your state and behaviour"

I also live by the saying "feel the fear and do it anyway" - can't think of who said that off the top of my head.

"For there is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so." - Shakespeare

This is probably my favorite so far.

Memento Mori

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" - Helen Keller 

I just think that it's amazing that Helen Keller said this despite all of the hardships she faced. 

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

We must transcend these programmings and limitations we built for ourselves and take full control and independence and overcome fear and carve the world out in our image rather than sit complacent.

No single quote in particular really resonates with me strongly. However, what I'm focused on now is:

"We are creatures of habit".

Not sure who said it, but I've come to realize our lives are basically a sum of all our habits because we have little control over what we do most of the time. That's my experience at least. I may be at a lower level than some here. Working on it! 

There's so many but a recent one I heard and really like is

"You are not a Drop in the Ocean, You are the Ocean contained within a Drop"

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

'when God closes the door, he opens the window'

and I love this one by Arnold Schwarzenegger 'If you sleep more than 6 hours I suggest you sleep a little faster' :D

Edited by MonikaBcn

Die while you're alive and be absolutely dead.
Then do whatever you want:
it's all good. -Bunan

"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or as a curse
–   Carlos Casteneda