Gladius

Leo's contradiction

13 posts in this topic

I don't mean to be assholish here, but I am a big Leo's follower and I found a subtle contradiction in last video about self-help. I'd like to know Leo's feedback (or at least from you guys).

He says that enlightenment alone is not enough to solve your problems, that's why you should read specific self-help books. BUT in some other video (can't remember which one, probably about enlightenment) he literally stated that raising your consciousness is the key to solve every problem, by giving some examples as usual (whether success, productivity, dating, etc).

Again, I'm not trolling, just a bit confused by these two contradictory advices since I'm following actualized.org since almost the beginning. It has changed my life (and improved a bit my english level). Hope it makes sense.

Cheers!

This seems to come from the nuanced meanings of enlightenment and raising consciousness.

Anyone can raise their consciousness, Enlightenment is not the same. Although they are related. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Enlightenment does not solve your problems, only the idea of there being any problems. So you will still face the 'problems' of everyday life, but without perceiving them as problems. This makes it much easier to deal with what needs to be dealt with, as you won't suffer by having to deal with it, but it does not remove the things that needs to be dealt with. 

I dont see how enlightenment -be it as powerful as you want- could help someone understand things like the illogical horseshit called social interactions. I mean I see that it could make you foresee how idiotic it is to learn a skill that is necessary only because the whole human race cant think as simply as Brad Blanton would like, but it won't automatically make you learn the most retarded, and at the same time most important skill of the modern day.

Expect if enlightenment gives you intrinsict motivation, then it would be the answer to every problem a human can have. But not overnight, you'd still have to study

7 hours ago, Gladius said:

I don't mean to be assholish here, but I am a big Leo's follower and I found a subtle contradiction in last video about self-help. I'd like to know Leo's feedback (or at least from you guys).

He says that enlightenment alone is not enough to solve your problems, that's why you should read specific self-help books. BUT in some other video (can't remember which one, probably about enlightenment) he literally stated that raising your consciousness is the key to solve every problem, by giving some examples as usual (whether success, productivity, dating, etc).

Again, I'm not trolling, just a bit confused by these two contradictory advices since I'm following actualized.org since almost the beginning. It has changed my life (and improved a bit my english level). Hope it makes sense.

Cheers!

Enlightenment just solves your inner problems. You still have to feed yourself, deal with people who want take advantage of you, build relationships, tidy your room, learn more stuff. You can be stinky enlightened person or you can be cool preppy looking enlightened  person. 

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

Would be rather be enlightened and be super-educated, traveled the world, skilled in lots of areas,

OR

Enlightened with no education, never left your hometown, no skills?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Raising conscious is a broad, general solution. But there is still the issue of:

1. How to raise consciousness within a particular domain. There are thousands of domains to develop consciousness in.
  2. If you have creative goals, you will need lots of technical how-to information for how to get stuff done (which is independent of consciousness). For example, no amount of consciousness will teach you how to play the piano, solve a calculus problem, or how to speak effectively.

When I say something like "All of life boils down to raising consciousness" this is a deliberately over-simplified rule of thumb to make a point. Don't take it too literally.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How are you going to raise your awareness on a subject without learning about it ?

You're not gonna become omniscient with enlightenment.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Leo Gura at what point does the increase in consciousness come about? 

for example increase in consciousness in relationships means - 

i have a higher/better understanding of what's occurring the relationship. my perception of the relationship, of my self in the relationship, my needs , wants and desires in the relationships are all operating at a higher perspective.

i have better understanding of my fear in my relationship = increase in consciousness? 

i make an insight that me and my partner clash because of different spiral dynamics values = increase in consciousness? 

me reading a book on relationships =/= increase in consciousness yet, unless understanding is produced? 

Raising consciousness and solving problems come hand in hand. For a long time, I was a super procrastinator in learning drawing, and was just very biter and sad about it, cause I blamed the circumstances. In the last couple of years, I worked on myself, and also my consciousness have been raising little by little. I realized my own dilemma. I recognized the viscous circle I have created for myself. So I broke out of it. I am focused, and am wasting no time on excuses. Apply that to every part in your life. 

Ok, got it. It makes sense. Thanks Leo and everyone.