Sahil Pandit

Personality Types MegaThread

39 posts in this topic

INFJ is pretty common for an uncommon personality type. But then again, this is the type of place where you'll find them.

Edited by Leightonm

I always get INFP-T. I don't always feel like this type, but I have to agree after reading description.

INTP, I wonder if it is possible to be high in conscientiousness and INTP? I think that's more ENTJ.

I found Carl Jung's psychological personality types some what useful, better than any online explanation. 

2 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@RichardY are you trying to become higher in conscientiousness for success purposes?  

Yes, I suppose, was wondering if low conscientiousness is innate to INTP or if it could be raised.

@Ponder When you say "unlock" your shadow what do you mean by that?

I tested as INTJ about three years ago. Now I tested as INFP. 

"Extraverted feeling is often called the “harmonizing” function. That's because it helps us to understand and empathize with the moods and emotions of others. ... Extraverted feeling is a driving force behind the personalities of ENFJs, ESFJs, INFJs and ISFJs."

Who can relate to this? 

I have a thought that maybe the INTP, INTJ, INFP, and INFJ types are not the ones that are the most common on the forum, but the ones that are the most likely to take a personality test at all.

I bet there are more extroverts out there, but they are just not posting results or don't even know their type. That skews the picture.

INFJ, turbulent, 4w5 5w4 9w8, sp/sx

On 4.10.2018 at 3:52 PM, RichardY said:

INTP, I wonder if it is possible to be high in conscientiousness and INTP? I think that's more ENTJ.

MBTI and Big 5 aren't really compatible and don't really map onto each other, so yes, I'd say it's definitely possible to be a conscientious INTP, and in fact, I have met both conscientious and unconscientious INTPs. Some even vary in the quality of their conscientiousness in that some of them are very orderly but lazy, whereas others aren't very orderly, but very industrious. As well as both these and none.

I'm ENTP-A...

I would consider myself very logical and stuck in my head but I love discussing ideas with people and bouncing my ideas off of other people...

I'm a classic debater and I often start arguments for fun.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

17 hours ago, Krisena said:

INFJ, turbulent, 4w5 5w4 9w8, sp/sx

MBTI and Big 5 aren't really compatible and don't really map onto each other, so yes, I'd say it's definitely possible to be a conscientious INTP, and in fact, I have met both conscientious and unconscientious INTPs. Some even vary in the quality of their conscientiousness in that some of them are very orderly but lazy, whereas others aren't very orderly, but very industrious. As well as both these and none.

I think the Big 5 are more empirical. Where as MBTI is more how someone is fractured. In theory an enlightened person shouldn't be subject to MBTI, some people of faith seem hard to classify in the MBTI.

INFJ -
Introverted Intuition - Preference for established formulas
Extroverted Feeling - Tend to be more agreeable, in tune emotively.
Int Thinking - Calm and collected?
Ext Sensing - Preference for new experience or information, but not excessively.

INTP

Int Thinking - Tendency to dialectic thinking. Unconscious inferno for lack of better words.
Ext Intuition - What is going on.
Int Sensing - Preference for older facts and information.
Ext Feeling - Not very agreeable. Some notice of others.

My Big5 

Openness to Experience: High
Conscientiousness. Orderliness: Low, Industriousness: Low
Extroversion: Low
Agreeableness: Very Low
Neuroticism: High.

Conscientiousness; interests me the most. I don't like the dichotomy between order & chaos. As even in chaos there is order. Perhaps there is no chaos only order.

1 hour ago, RichardY said:

I think the Big 5 are more empirical. Where as MBTI is more how someone is fractured.

Yeah, definitely. In addition to that, I think they also are meant to describe two different aspects of personality. Jung describes his psychological types as as "cognitive processes" (the methods the psyche uses when operating), whereas Big 5 is based in taking the words that are used to describe people and boiling them down to the essential characteristics.

So the two models are also fundamentally different in their conception. It's like one tries to be a map of the trees in the terrain, whereas the other is a map of the elevation. Though they are both "personality models" and use some of the same terminology differently, they are in actuality addressing completely different facets of a person.

Edited by Krisena

@Sahil Pandit Well I went through severe mania which showed me the (ENTJ) power that was within me, but then I came back down and was locked in Ti mode while I was depressed. This cycle happened several times, but I eventually learnt from my mistakes and discovered how to use my power in a responsible manner