Rilles

Are You Mindful 24/7?

24 posts in this topic

Im not. Ive noticed myself snapping into mindfulness a few times a day though spontaneously, and Im always aware of negative thoughts which is wonderful. I hope to grow this mindfulness so it stays with me all day. Anyone here mindful 24/7? Do you have any tips on how to be? 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Try continual breath awareness. It is a very good method for grounding you, the best I found so far. I am not aware 24/7, but some days, when I am really motivated it can keep me mindful for quite some time.

@Outer Not being lost in thought, being present in the moment, experiencing more of the senses, etc. 

Edited by Rilles

Yes I know

(awareness is always aware of the now even when youre in monkeymind bla bla)

but my mind wanders and I dont want it to wander, i want to witness it wandering in the momentxD

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@Outer Not being lost in thought, being present in the moment, experiencing more of the senses, etc. 

When you are aware of the breath you are in the present moment, because breath can only happen now. Breath ties your mind to the present. At first I thought it would not work, but it does. You also need lots of motivation... Lots...

@Outer I do that too everyday, I just have the slight feeling that my everyday mind wandering perpuates my I-thought. Is it possible to self-inquire even when youre not sitting down?

@Outer So then I’ll be mindful as much as possible and then self-inquire as practice. Boom! Problem solved.

Now...how to stay mindfulxD

Yep.  Once the grenade explodes you can't unexplode the grenade.  That's the key.  At the advanced levels, you don't have to try to be mindful, it just stays with you all the time.  Awakenings should be things you can't unsee, that's what make them true awakenings.  If your awakenings aren't producing this kind of change over time, they're probably not very deep awakenings.  Mindfulness is not a trying, it's a keen seeing.  Mindfulness is directly proportional to love of the Truth; love of the true nature of Reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

46 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@Outer I do that too everyday, I just have the slight feeling that my everyday mind wandering perpuates my I-thought. Is it possible to self-inquire even when youre not sitting down?

You not wanting to get lost in though is the "i".

You have to become conscious of that too, and let it go.

Don't run from your mind, you don't have a choice anyway, whatever you don't try to think will still be there later.

Focus all your will to see your thoughts from a third person perspective, everytime there is a thought.

This will bring all the negative shit you don't want to look on, but you have to let go of all of them to find the peace you seek.

It's very counter intuitive, you might think than focusing on your breath and some other techniques will help clear your mind and be more present, but this is only for emergency, because in the end it's just you trying to suppress your mind.

That's not going to work, to get a peaceful mind, you have to empty your cup first :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

I just have the slight feeling that my everyday mind wandering perpuates my I-thought.

Mind wandering does not perpetuate the I-thought.

What perpetuates it is thinking about yourself.

Watching the mind go where it goes and not getting involved is being mindful aware.

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

but my mind wanders and I dont want it to wander, i want to witness it wandering in the momentxD

How do you know it wanders if you are not aware of it?

I think you mean that you get involved in the mind, in thought, and thus you get lost in the wandering of thought. And yes, that is not being mindful, aware.

@Rilles Lot of great stuff on this thread. One more consideration, have you explored that all the meaning in the universe is actually being applied by you? This can be a helpful pointer in awareness of the nature in which thoughts are arising, and in acceptance of this (might be some falsity to lash out) many of the thoughts simple don’t arise anymore, as there isn’t “meaning” being supported all the time. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yep.  Once the grenade explodes you can't unexplode the grenade.  That's the key.  At the advanced levels, you don't have to try to be mindful, it just stays with you all the time.  Awakenings should be things you can't unsee, that's what make them true awakenings.  If your awakenings aren't producing this kind of change over time, they're probably not very deep awakenings.  Mindfulness is not a trying, it's a keen seeing.  Mindfulness is directly proportional to love of the Truth; love of the true nature of Reality.

+1

What is the you, that is experiencing everything!
Not just thoughts.

Everybody has so many different opinions now... I’ll just keep watching Rupert Spira9_9

Edit: No but seriously, youve given me alot to implement, when you think you know “non-duality” you probably dont ,even after a few years of studyxD

Edited by Rilles

7 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Everybody has so many different opinions now... I’ll just keep watching Rupert Spira9_9

Edit: No but seriously, youve given me alot to implement, when you think you know “non-duality” you probably dont ,even after a few years of studyxD

What are you learning from Rupert Spira?  (1) Give us 5 things you're learned from him.  Moreover, (2) how come you never post any of his videos to share with us?  Please respond to both.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

I did post a topic about a week ago.

Im fairly new to Spira but I got 4 points for you that has really helped me in my inquiry.

•You cant find awareness, dont try to. Notice what is experiencied and what is being aware. 

•Everything is happening in awareness, there is no experience happening that isnt happening in “you”. There is no distance between you or any “outside” sensation, crucial!

•Sensation is always one, when a foot feels the floor;there is one feeling, when you see the environment; there is no perceiver there is just seeing happening. Most of us have grown up believing that there is a duality involved, is this true? Check for yourself.

•Awareness is never changed, never ages, and is never tainted by any experience.

I’ve verified these for myself. 

Edited by Rilles

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

Can someone here explain their mindfulness experience during sleep?

You, awareness, alone.
You've heard of the "cave of the heart". The "heart" or 'cave of the heart" is not a location. It is the "placeless place."
To think of it would be, prior to the big bang. The "nothing",prior to everything.
What Nisgardatta called "the empty space that is our inner void".

There is no experiencing. The placeless place, is prior to all manifested experience.
You, awareness ,alone,in yourself. That's the best I can describe it.

For me thus far,it comes and go's. It doesn't happen every night. It's also happened when just going for a nap.
There's a drifting away only to find you're still fully aware and never fell asleep. But you're no longer in any located place.

13 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Are you awakened? Has your awareness exploded?

Embrace your inner pain. In hopelessness, you will find bliss. To be mindful all the time you need to have attention on the breath as second nature. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.