EricCarne

[book] The Happiness Hypothesis-jonathan Haidt (/10)

10 posts in this topic

Hello there, I just bought The Happiness Hypothesis today and I am looking for someone to read it with/discuss it with!! 

20 hours ago, EricCarne said:

Hello there, I just bought The Happiness Hypothesis today and I am looking for someone to read it with/discuss it with!! 

I've read it and it's wonderful. I did a video review of it. If you're interested, here is the link:

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Also, if you want to discuss it, I'm game for that too. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I've read it and it's wonderful. I did a video review of it. If you're interested, here is the link:

I just finished watching this whole video and it's an excellent review, thank you. You explained it very well. 

How did you get so good at speaking so eloquently/effectively? Toastmasters? I'd like to know. I'm on a mission to improve my communication/speaking. 

Edited by Argue

9 hours ago, Argue said:

I just finished watching this whole video and it's an excellent review, thank you. You explained it very well. 

How did you get so good at speaking so eloquently/effectively? Toastmasters? I'd like to know. I'm on a mission to improve my communication/speaking. 

Thank you. :) I've never been involved in Toastmasters or anything like that, although I hear it's great. Honestly, the reason why I can speak conversationally in front of the camera is because I have a (nearly compulsive) habit of talking to myself. I've always had a lot of ideas that I didn't have anyone to talk about them with, so as a child I developed a habit of pacing/thinking/talking to myself. It's embarrassing when someone walks in and catches me doing it. But it helps for getting into the zone when I'm making my videos. But I still get nervous, so I sometimes have to re-record. And I'm working on improving filler words. But here is a Ted Talk about public speaking that I found helpful:

Emotionalmastery.org

Great video review Emerald. Thumbs up. ?

On May 22, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Nunzia said:

Great video review Emerald. Thumbs up. ?

Thank you! :)

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins Hey Emerald, what camera do you use to record the videos?

have you experimented with neutral backgrounds? ...  cool videos :) 

Edited by Steven

23 hours ago, Steven said:

@Emerald Wilkins Hey Emerald, what camera do you use to record the videos?

have you experimented with neutral backgrounds? ...  cool videos :) 

Thanks! I use a Sony 3000 / 20.1 Mega Pixels HD camera.  I have a green screen that I hang in front of my closet and I light those with two soft box lights.  Then I create my rainbow pastel backgrounds in Photoshop to keep my thumbnails and video style consistent. But I pretty much decided on the rainbow color scheme straight off for the channel because the channel art and branding was what I started off with. So, I haven't done anything with any other types of backgrounds. Before getting the soft box lights though, the light backgrounds were difficult to deal with because the green screen was harder to key away. 

Emotionalmastery.org

On 3/31/2016 at 4:15 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

Honestly, the reason why I can speak conversationally in front of the camera is because I have a (nearly compulsive) habit of talking to myself.

Comforting to know that I'm not the only one doing it. That is, the only one that is sane* doing it.

*reasonably sane

Endless nuance