martin_malin

I hate my competitors

19 posts in this topic

I really dislike all my competitors. The closer they are to my niche, the worst it is. It’s so bad that I pay very little attention to what they are doing. Which can be good and bad…I’m able to recognize those who are gifted and the value they provide but it hurts me a little. I want to be NUMBER 1. The number one chimp in my field. I want to elevate the bar and bring it to a whole new level.

What’s funny is the service I provide is very GREEN. But here I am, ORANGE as fuck wanting to crush everyone. What’s going on here? 

What is it that you really hate about your competitors? be clear about it... and once you are, you will see it is something you hate about yourself.

may not be directly related to your question, but it might help : 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

You sound like Red. Elon Musk is primarily Orange, and he publicly welcomed competitions.

Don't hate competition. Enjoy competition. Try to remain competitive and stay on top.

In theory, if you knew you worked harder than 99.9% of people as Elon Musk does, you wouldn't worry about competitions. You would worry about not living up to your potential instead.

Edited by CreamCat

Is natural to be like that. Don't worry about it. Altruism and non-competition are just a social/mind invention so the majority would follow sheep patterns. In fact, evolution is constant competition in the polarity system, a balance, a higher meaning at the end of the tunnel. What seems chaos on a level, is harmony at another.

Why do i say hate is natural? Same as Enlightenment, is natural, cannot be limited by morality. 

The majority on the path they follow the "good guy, badge", this is the reason they don't awaken the majority of them and are continuously seeking. And the worst thing about awakening is they think if they have seen the truth about reality, they are awakened or enlightened, lol, hilarious. 

Best of Luck!

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Because you dont really think you are good so when someone comes there is possibility that will come out on the open,someone that knows his worth and where he stands and what he can do dont hate competitors they dont see a competition im "working" on this too...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Because you dont really think you are good so when someone comes there is possibility that will come out on the open,someone that knows his worth and where he stands and what he can do dont hate competitors they dont see a competition im "working" on this too...

You might be on to something. Deep down, I know that I've yet to reach 20% of my potential. I'm doing great work, but not phenomenal work yet. I'm still an insecure chimp. 

I've been getting a lot of value out of thinking in terms of human evolutionary history as of late.

It is a tribal competitive impulse. Someone being better than you would mean your death in ancient times. Especially if they were from a different tribe.

It is good to know where these impulses come from, so you can act constructively from it, rather than berate yourself or ignore it.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

25 minutes ago, Colin said:

I've been getting a lot of value out of thinking in terms of human evolutionary history as of late.

It is a tribal competitive impulse. Someone being better than you would mean your death in ancient times. Especially if they were from a different tribe.

It is good to know where these impulses come from, so you can act constructively from it, rather than berate yourself or ignore it.

It's indeed an interesting perspective. How do we reconcile the chimp that lives within us with our highest human aspirations? 

Edited by martin_malin

I hate how they must have 10/10 motivation and no severe mental problems, while I am the opposite, while also being passionate

1 hour ago, Caterpillar said:

I know that feeling. When I see a guy who's handsomer than me I want to do terrible things to him. You just need to work on being more loving.

You're a terrible human being. You are Red.

Learn to recognize that competitors usually can work with you to grow the market.

Also, in the case of golf and martial art, more audience will come when there are more top-tier competitors.

Economic growth is not a zero-sum game. It is a co-operative and competitive process.

Do you feel tempted to cheat, deceive, and libel to crush the competition?

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat I disagree, I think he is honest about his impulses, which is a great quality and a great start.

Comments like "you are a terrible human being" are more regressive.

But let us not derail this thread

15 minutes ago, Colin said:

I think he is honest about his impulses

For example, if he wanted to cut a handsomer guy's face with a knife, then I would not want to be near him.

I'm worried that there might be people who would cut, libel, cheat, insult, and deceive competitors to ensure ego survival on this forum. If there was, I would have to adjust my expectations about human ego and how far an average human ego would go for little advantages.

In the future, I might have to be a bit more machiavellian and expect libel from others for tiny competitive advantages that I have.

Edited by CreamCat

@martin_malin The thinking got sparked by reading this book

why-buddhism-is-true-9781439195468_lg.jp

“natural selection didn’t design your mind to see the world clearly; it designed your mind to have perceptions and beliefs that would help take care of your genes.” 
― Robert Wright, Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment

“This has been the point of much of this book. The human brain is a machine designed by natural selection to respond in pretty reflexive fashion to the sensory input impinging on it. It is designed, in a certain sense, to be controlled by that input. And a key cog in the machinery of control is the feelings that arise in response to the input. If you interact with those feelings via tanha—via the natural, reflexive thirst for the pleasant feelings and the natural, reflexive aversion to the unpleasant feelings—you will continue to be controlled by the world around you. But if you observe those feelings mindfully rather than just reacting to them, you can in some measure escape the control; the causes that ordinarily shape your behavior can be defied, and you can get closer to the unconditioned.” 
― Robert Wright, Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment

32 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Learn to recognize that competitors usually can work with you to grow the market.

Also, in the case of golf and martial art, more audience will come when there are more top-tier competitors.

Economic growth is not a zero-sum game. It is a co-operative and competitive process.

As an avid golfer, I'm completely behind you on this. It's just that I want to be like Tiger Woods and crush everyone in my field. In his prime, Tiger was only friend with pros who didn't posed a serious threat to him. He's a bit insane too. 

Edited by martin_malin

@martin_malin ironically when you dont step back and see how actually good you are you wont be able to get better in long run,do you mybe when someone is better than you want to either neurotically try to fight him back or say fuck this game,not being focused?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

To clarify, I'm not a hater who wishes harm or anything like that. When I see a top performer bringing his A game, I'm in awe. I see what's possible and I feel inspired.

But at the same time, there's always a little voice in my head saying : ''Oh you think you're good heh? Just wait for it pal. I'm coming.'' I can't help it. 

Edited by martin_malin