LiakosN

What is the mind ?

38 posts in this topic

When we are referring to the word "mind" what do we really mean ? Is the mind synonymous with thoughts, feelings, emotions, sensations, images ? Is the "mind" the same as the identification of Consciousness with thoughts, feelings, emotions, sensations, images ? Is the mind an object "inside" Consciousness by which Consciousness is made of, but not an attribute of Consciousness?

I am confused and therefore need some help. Thanks!

Edited by LiakosN

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@LiakosN

Where does the mind end and the body begin? Where does the body end and ‘the world’‘ begin? Where do you end, and everything begin? Where does everything end, and nothing begin?

In your dreams, where do you end, and the other person in your dream, begin?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@LiakosN

Where does the mind end and the body begin? 

Mmmm, I do not really know. 

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@LiakosN

Where does the body end and ‘the world’‘ begin? 

I don't know with words, but I can see it.

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@LiakosN

Where do you end, and everything begin?

I can not find 'me' inside the physical body. So I do not know.

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@LiakosN

Where does everything end, and nothing begin?

Well, again, I do not know.

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@Nahm I do not know. ¬¬ .. But, when I ask who is it that is asking 'what is the mind' some words will come like "me". And what is the "me" that is answering? I do not know! But who is it that does not know ? I do not know that I do not know who is it that does not know! It seems like a strange loop. So  it does not worth investigating...

How do I know that my feet, crown of the head and hands are the end of my body? I do not.

Or how can I know that I am not deluding myself if I say that: But it is obvious that feet, hands and skull are the end of the body!

How can I be sure ? But, I see it, It's obvious! Again, how do I know it. Again, it's a loop, isn't it ?

Edited by LiakosN

If you are confused about this then asking others will only make it more confusing. You are then looking to thought to find the answer to what may be way beyond thought. We can talk with each other about things, but the rest is up to you dude. Beyond things is all on you brah. 

Edited by Jack River

@Nahm Everything boils down to that I do not know. I do not have words to describe it.

But how do I know that everything arises (or exists) from empty space ? Hmm, well If I see in my room, from my direct experience my, bed exist because space exist, right ? If I see the starts, they exist because there is space around (and "behind" them).

@Jack River Well, I am asking because I read about the 'mind' on books, so I would like to have a description of mind. For example, when E. Tolle refers to the mind, what does he mean ? Or when B. Katie mentions the egoic mind, what is this? 

Edited by LiakosN

8 minutes ago, LiakosN said:

Well, I am asking because I read about the 'mind' on books, so I would like to have a description of mind. For example, when E. Tolle refers to the mind, what does he mean ? Or when B. Katie mentions the egoic mind, what is this? 

I feel ya. We have to be careful dude. Because  any knowledge we pick up through thought is always going to be confined to thought. So if we hear from someone that mind is beyond thought and we believe it, that is still a belief or the invention of thought. I know what you mean. I use to be confused about that. If you understand mind solo, or on your own, it is clear. 

Edited by Jack River

But, I guess that I need to know where this word "mind" points to in order to have an understanding of the context of the book. Or maybe I don't ?

1 minute ago, LiakosN said:

But, I guess that I need to know where this word "mind" points to in order to have an understanding of the context of the book. Or maybe I don't ?

I got ya dude. Since you are asking this question I would say mind it that of thought. That can be known. But unknown will remain jnknown. Beyond thought or knowing isn’t knowing. Just saw this recently. 

1 hour ago, LiakosN said:

Is the mind synonymous with thoughts, feelings, emotions, sensations, images ? Is the "mind" the same as the identification of Consciousness with thoughts, feelings, emotions, sensations, images

What can be known. ?. Going beyond that cannot be explained. 

@Jack River Beyond the thought or knowing isn't there a knowing of knowing ?

Thats why it helps to not learn about what other people say about the unknowable. It becomes a sneaky assumption. Assumption that thinks it is not an assumption. An assumption that thinks it is not invented by thought. Fear will do this. Fear looks for answers and distorts its own thinking. 

Edited by Jack River

The word ‘mind’ doesn’t mean one thing, it has a variety of uses.  Can you identify some of those uses for us?  Meet us halfway by starting with your own contemplation first.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@LiakosN

Mind=bondage to something.

The mind is an energetic parasitic system. :D The content of experience is the mind.

The mind is like a vampire that is sucking the life energy out of the body for it's own survival. It stores the energy in the body in form of some tension. When the right time/environment factors are triggered the stored emotional energy manifests as a reaction that moves the body in a certain direction.

Behind every reaction there is a thought. These thoughts are subconscious but when we bring them to the surface, to our conscious awareness then we can analyze them and write them on paper. Then after that the content cycle repeats but this time, there is more wakefullness of the thoughts that manifested the experience and then one can use empowering statements to self-correct (speak out loud) and then the fundamental crystals that store the memories are transformed to be more in alignment.

This is a process of waking up from dualistic egoic living, it's based on awareness, self-correction, transformation, transmutation, transcendence and integration. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The word ‘mind’ doesn’t mean one thing, it has a variety of uses.  Can you identify some of those uses for us?  Meet us halfway by starting with your own contemplation first.

I assumed that the word 'mind' was identical with the word 'brain' and that the so called 'brain' is responsible for producing every thought. Maybe thoughts are produced from nothing. They just arise from nothing. Maybe there is 1 single mind (which is Consciousness?)  that produces thoughts that "individual" minds capture.

So my assumption is that the 'mind' is just an object inside Consciousness and sometimes Consciousness identifies with it.

Edited by LiakosN

32 minutes ago, AleksM said:

@LiakosN

Mind=bondage to something.

The mind is an energetic parasitic system. :D The content of experience is the mind.

The mind is like a vampire that is sucking the life energy out of the body for it's own survival. It stores the energy in the body in form of some tension. When the right time/environment factors are triggered the stored emotional energy manifests as a reaction that moves the body in a certain direction.

Behind every reaction there is a thought. These thoughts are subconscious but when we bring them to the surface, to our conscious awareness then we can analyze them and write them on paper. Then after that the content cycle repeats but this time, there is more wakefullness of the thoughts that manifested the experience and then one can use empowering statements to self-correct (speak out loud) and then the fundamental crystals that store the memories are transformed to be more in alignment.

This is a process of waking up from dualistic egoic living, it's based on awareness, self-correction, transformation, transmutation, transcendence and integration. 

like an emotion for example, right ? 

Edited by LiakosN