Ampresus

Explain Islam to me

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Today I wanted to talk about my religion. I was raised up as half sunni half shia. I just discovered the existence of sufism and saw a thread about ''coming out as non-religious''. Leo said something about that you should tell your parents that you are converting to sufism, which is supposed to be ironic. Because he said: ''You'll actually be more of a muslim than your parents will ever be''. I don't understand this entirely. I couldn't  find a good definition of sufism at all. Maybe it's just me, but the wiki page wasn't that clear. Can someone just explain to me what Leo meant with that?

Leo also said that Muhammed meditated. Which stage was Muhammed in? I think you guys can understand that I look up to him, and seeing him not being in stage Blue made me instantly go to Orange (I was on the edge of Blue and this was a small push). Also where can I find proper information about this topic? I've put 1 book on my booklist about Mohammed, but I don't know if it will actually talk about on which spiritual level Mohammed was. Or just basic history which I have been told many times. 

Oh and was Muhammed on the same stage as Jesus and Gautama Buddha? Just curious. 

@Ampresus I am not able to tell whether you watched Leo's episode on Islam, if you didn't you better do.

@Amer I did and I still don't understand the things I said in my topic. I might have missed somethings, but I am right now watching the Spiral Dynamics mini-series so can't watch the Islam vid. 

You will understand once you learn what Sufism is.

Wiki on sufism - "variously defined as "Islamic mysticism",[2] "the inward dimension of Islam"[3][4] or "the phenomenon of mysticism within Islam",[5][6] is mysticism in Islam, "characterized ... [by particular] values, ritual practices, doctrines and institutions"[7] which began very early in Islamic history[5] and represents "the main manifestation and the most important and central crystallization of" mystical practice in Islam."