Jamie Universe

anyone here experience this?

3 posts in this topic

Heyo, so recently I'm in a social situation with at least 3 different people, where they keep trying to talk to me when someone else is talking, and it feels to me like they're trying to grab my full attention constantly. I still like those people but its hard to deal with them when they're doing this, I'm just wondering if anyone was this person, and if you know if you were insecure, or what about the other person made you do this, or if the other person had anything to do with it at all. Or any experience you can share is helpful

any other advice would be great too.

I've been in both ends of the situation. Had people talking over trying to tell me something, was myself trying to get others attention.

From the needy perspective (your friends) I can say that people want to get your attention, because they seek approval. They seek every little bit of validation that will prove to them that they're somehow worthy. Even if they get the validation it's shortcoming. Every time they do get approved, they feel a dopamine rush. Once that wares off, they get back to the worthless way of being and seek more approval. It's a never ending cycle. 

I don't know how you break the cycle, but the experience I was in when people where talking to me from both sides. I just told them to stop, said I was overwhelmed and asked them to speak one by one, starting with a person who said something first.