Torkys

A Christian critique of Actualized.org

96 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Nondescript But "were of one heart and soul"..

this is getting ridiculous. you know nothing of the message of the bible yet cling to your idea of the meaning of 'one' and 'soul' as youve been taught to do

@Nondescript How does it come to be that they are spiritually united, and what does that mean? Would you say these questions have the same answer? 

I am intrigued to see your answer.

Very few people on this forum will be able to understand the words of the Bible, because many do practices that are the very antithesis of what it teaches.

I know, I've been there. Claiming you can see reality more clearly, when youre really just blasting yourself into outer space....coming closer and closer to 'blissful combustion' as Aleister Crowley so eloquently put it. Your soul is probably so blank that you can't even comprehend that fact.

Edited by calibrate

25 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

@Nondescript How does it come to be that they are spiritually united, and what does that mean? Would you say these questions have the same answer? 

I am intrigued to see your answer.

Here are a few things that should be known first. 

We (the church, Christians, the body of Christ) are chosen by the grace of God. We have done nothing of our own merit. It is impossible. That doesn't mean we have no control over being chosen. God knocks on the door of all of our hearts, we just have to open it. 

The Word of God (The Bible) is precious. It is not to be read like a novel. It is not used to satisfy curiosity.  It is not for someone who is merely curious but not interested in finding the Truth. 

The Word of God cannot be understood for those who are not believers. The truth is hidden from them. 

Many passages in the Bible refer to believers and can't be extrapolated to the entire population.

Once someone is saved and born again the Holy Spirit dwells in him. Then that person is united spiritually with other believers. It is not something you can "feel". It is by faith in what the Word of God says that this is true. The Holy Spirit unites us. Us being the believers. We are not united spiritually with the non believers. 

That is not to say that you can't ever " feel" anything. I CAN feel the Holy Spirit's presence when I am praying or contemplating the Word of God, especially at church.  

Are you just curious or are you open to believing?  

Yes, I am open to beleiving anything. I thought of a quote while reading the last two posts, said by the poet Alfred Lord Tennyson-It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved, at all.

belief=fear 

hope=fear 

confoming to knowledge of the Bible is the self clinging to thought. This is a movement of fear. 

Belief and truth never go together. 

Knowledge and truth never go together. 

The Bible was an invention of thought and fear. The “me” who wants to Psychologically become. 

Truth is timeless dudes. 

Those dudes who cling to there sacred knowledge are really clinging to themselves. Belief in there own particular knowledge strengthens the illusion of “me”. Time to embrace the change and stop living in the past dudes. 

Edited by Jack River

35 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

Yes, I am open to beleiving anything. I thought of a quote while reading the last two posts, said by the poet Alfred Lord Tennyson-It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved, at all.

I am happy to hear that. 

26 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Those dudes who cling to there sacred knowledge are really clinging to themselves. Belief in there own particular knowledge strengthens the illusion of “me”. Time to embrace the change and stop living in the past dudes. 

I am sorry you feel this way. 

1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT
But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

1 Corinthians 1:18-22 NLT
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. [19] As the Scriptures say, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent." [20] So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world's brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. [21] Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. [22] It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 NLT
He (Satan) will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. [11] So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. [12] Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.

2 Corinthians 3:16 NLT
But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

43 minutes ago, Nondescript said:

But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

The veil is that “lord”. All of what you are regurgitating is the veil. The self “you”, which is part of the veil, are both of knowledge/thought. Self/thought created this lord/savior. Clinging to knowledge as in the Bible or “word of god” is fear resisting itself. The self clings to its knowledge to strengthen itself. That is what thought does. Identifies with its own content. Thought is built on this self feeding pattern. Identification means resistance to change, and self/thought is built on the process of identification. 

You can quote bible versus all you want brah. It just shows how thought imitates and conforms to self soothe “the me”. My dad tried playing this game with himself and his family. It didn’t stick. It’s all the product of thought my dude. A true holy dude doesn’t believe, isn’t burdened by hope, and doesn’t conform to any spiritual authority. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River 

I knew quoting the Bible wouldn't change your mind. It never will. It was for anyone here that is open to receiving the truth to see why it can be so difficult for some to receive it. Most people will not. And the Bible says that too, but I won't quote it. 

12 minutes ago, Nondescript said:

@Jack River 

I knew quoting the Bible wouldn't change your mind. It never will. It was for anyone here that is open to receiving the truth to see why it can be so difficult for some to receive it. Most people will not. And the Bible says that too, but I won't quote it. 

Truth isn’t a choice brah. Truth doesn’t belong to a self. You do no reviece truth, especially through knowledge/thought. 

12 minutes ago, Nondescript said:

And the Bible says that too, but I won't quote it. 

How convenient  xD

all this is classics conditioning. All caused by the falsity that there is a duality between the experiencer and the experience. Psychological time brah. 

Edited by Jack River

This conformity to thought is what enslaves humans. Stop contributing to the stream of fear/violence my dude

start learning about self/thought instead of being influenced by it.

live in the now :)

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River We are on vastly different paths.  The good news is that as long as God puts breath in our lungs it is not too late to change paths. 

You can use say those same words back to me and it would also be correct from your point of view. :)

Edited by Nondescript

1 hour ago, Nondescript said:

@Jack River We are on vastly different paths.  The good news is that as long as God puts breath in our lungs it is not too late to change paths. 

You can use say those same words back to me and it would also be correct from your point of view. :)

All paths are the product of the veil. Step out of the stream of thought brah. When you see how paths lead you in a circle then maybe you will step out of that pattern all together. 

There is no path. “The Path” and “the you” are both the product of time my groovy friend. Freedom first brah. 

Edited by Jack River

Anything that can be described or understood by someone, in truth, is a long cycle, the way I see it. Still, people can change, and I'm open to it. (^This is circle)B|

@calibrate that’s right dude. Anything of thought only enslaves. That’s the point. Why do you look to thought to solve the same problem that thought invented? 

@Jack River because the problem was never thought, it was conscience. a deep pit of dispair that had nothing to do with thought