Shin

The only way to be happy is to awaken

43 posts in this topic

Even the pursuit influenced by punishment and reward. 

Edited by Faceless

The i will not look at the fact. The i looks at the fact with eyes of the past(the image-idea/word/thought) and so on. 

Do we see that this is the same thing as escaping the fact to the abstraction? 

I am this, I will be that. Or I am this, I should be this or that. 

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The i will not look at the fact. The i looks at the fact with eyes of the past(the image-idea/word/thought) and so on. 

Do we see that this is the same thing as escaping the fact to the abstraction? 

I am this, I will be that. Or I am this, I should be that. 

looking at the fact with the eyes of the past, which is the choosing/chooser ---  liking-disliking.  And the liking-disliking is the perpetuation/nourishment of the past.

Edited by robdl

Just now, robdl said:

looking at the fact with the eyes of the past, which is the choosing/chooser ---  liking-disliking.

Right...

Can there be attention to this. 

And do we see that this is expressed in how we move away from what-is to the abstraction of what should be according what has been? 

This is how thought operates when it comes to practical-functional affairs; like learning how to speak a language, how to drive, how to work a computer, and so on. 

But the thing is the illusory self uses that same operation psychologically to solve “its” problems.

But that operation nourishes those very problems(“the i”). 

To operate that way implies resistance to what-is. 

Edited by Faceless

Examples of the application of thought to solve psychological problems...

The “i” that conforms to patterns such as; routined methods, systems, techniques...accumulates knowledge and then attempts to apply that knowledge to solve psychological problems. 

The above imply looking to thought(memory, knowledge, experience), to solve problems that thought has created. 

This is not advising others not to participate in the above, but to simply share how “the self” and the means that that self applies to end itself, are actually one unitary movement of self(psychological time). 

This is to understand the self/thought. To indicate all the subtle ways in which the self can and will sustain its own illusion by looking to thought to free itself from that false movement of psychological division. 

Edited by Faceless

I see it as such:

The only way to awaken is to be happy ? 

Happiness is a choice whereas awakening is spontaneous.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@robdl It would be better for you not to take Faceless’s advise at face value. ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

To accept advice is exactly what we are taking about. 

We are not giving advice...we are showing how taking advice is looking to thought to solve psychological problems(nourish the self). 

@robdl sees the entirety of the self feeding thought loop already...and is kind enough to share this tremendous insight with others. 

@How to be wiseIt would be wise to humbly observe robdl and faceless posts as they play on the same field

they only post directly observable experience as a means to expand awareness (headlessness) 

your worry isn't necessary as their pointers will fly over people's heads until they are ready to see truth within or without a head xD

5 hours ago, Solace said:

I see it as such:

The only way to awaken is to be happy ? 

Happiness is a choice whereas awakening is spontaneous.

@SolaceHappiness does seem to prevent resistance

what prevents happiness? Do people really choose to suffer? Perhaps they need to suffer? 

13 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@How to be wiseIt would be wise to humbly observe robdl and faceless posts as they play on the same field

they only post directly observable experience as a means to expand awareness (headlessness) 

your worry isn't necessary as their pointers will fly over people's heads until they are ready to see truth within or without a head xD

Seriously xD. I never tried so hard to understand something in whole life. I really had to dig deep to understand them/me. 

Edited by Jack River

@Shin

thanks for this post.

It reminds me of something I read in a Rupert Spira book.

The moth that rushes towards the flame can never get the flame. It can only die in the flame.

Likewise, the mind can never find happiness. The mind can only die in happiness.

So that means there is no possibility of true, authentic happiness without the death of mind :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Observe the self feeding thought loop of the self feeding thought loop that some people believe is truth because it is their self feeding thought loop that informs their perception through the fear they believe motivates it.

The rest of us who don't believe in that conceptual framework aren't bound by their self feeding thought loop belief paradigm and because the belief bias has such a strong hold on their perception they are unaware of this.

Edited by SOUL

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Shin

thanks for this post.

It reminds me of something I read in a Rupert Spira book.

The moth that rushes towards the flame can never get the flame. It can only die in the flame.

Likewise, the mind can never find happiness. The mind can only die in happiness.

So that means there is no possibility of true, authentic happiness without the death of mind :)

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Shin

You can fuck all the girls you ever wanted and more, and you will still feel insatisfied.

Sorry for the mess.

Yeah, it's so counter intuitive.

It's when you don't want and need anything that you are really happy, at calm, joyful.

At the same time, it's when you are like that, that really beautiful things happen in life.

My personal problem was that I made too much drastic changes in my life, and I really don't recommand that unless it is mandatory.

It just has a huge tendancy to make you fall asleep for some people.

(You need to see if you will use this as an excuse or not to make bold decisions though, it can easily be used as an excuse)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin

This forum gets so hard and messy to use in a mobile device, right? :P

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''