Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex90

Good quality broccoli sprouts?

7 posts in this topic

So I have decided to sprout my own broccoli sprouts to get the benefits from the amazing compound, sulforaphane.

A lot of dealers on the internet gets good reviews, but the sprouting percent between each batch seems to vary a lot because the dealers get them from different distributors. hmmm....

Can any recommend a good source for buying broccoli sprouts with a consistent good sprouting percent?

@pluto, @Michael569

4 hours ago, Alex90 said:

Can any recommend a good source for buying broccoli sprouts with a consistent good sprouting percent?

no recommendations in particular, just make sure they are organically sourced although the pesticides may not necessarily penetrate all the way to the core so sprouted should be quite safe :) -

btw broccoli sprouts are a bomb! They made a study in China, in a very polluted region and noticed that people sipping pure broccoli sprout juice had significantly less pollutants in their blood.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4125483/

Edited by Michael569
added a link to study

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just started sprouting broccoli seeds in the last week. 
Second round of sprouting turned out better than the first. 
Poor quality seeds could make for a poor sprout rate, but user error can lead to the same outcome. :P
Just make sure to rinse your seeds/sprouts sufficiently while you're sprouting them. 

Another pro tip is to freeze the finished sprouts. 
I remember Dr. Rhonda mentioning this at one point,
the temperature and formation of water crystals affects the sprouts to increase their sulfurophane by an average of 1.8x! 
This is perfect if you plan to put them in shakes like I do. 
For salads, that may not work so well. 

Edited by waking_dreams

I can't find the article right now but I have read an article that adding a little radish seed would also be very beneficial to increase the concentration of sulforaphane