Jedd

Completed Life Purpose Course aged 20...

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys I finished the life purpose course at the start of this year which propelled me to do switch jobs and pursue a fitness course I still haven't entered into that industry yet have been going to the gym now for 3 years which has helped my self confidence etc. The thing I'm stuck on at the moment is at the end of the LP course I didn't feel fully convinced by my purpose and may have limiting beliefs about failure or money surrounding the industry. There is another trade I've been considering it's the job my father and his have done except my Dad has always tried to steer me from this path saying not to do it due to inconsistent work or tried to set me up with different jobs. Don't have anyone around me who I trust enough to turn to but myself and another note I might add is I've done a few different jobs lately but now I've been unemployed for a bit as those jobs didn't feel authentic. Starting to feel like a dabbler... when it comes to finding work I've tried to steer clear of an industry I once worked in but seems to be quite prevalent in my area but I've found other opportunities. So yeah I'm a year away from mature age so feel a time pressure to know what I want to do. What are some good questions I can ask myself or what can I do from here to get to my purpose.

Try re-taking it? Review notes?

Have you read the recommended books?

You gotta create your Life Purpose and it's not gonna be easy at times. Sometimes it may involve working at a job you don't love or going to school in order to build capital and finance your freedom. You're only 20 too, spend these next 5 years building yourself in the area you want to go into. Follow your gut, if you find that your life purpose is changing, there is a deeper calling, then follow that!. The best thing you can do is build that inner compass for yourself. 

No one can tell you what you truly want deep inside. You gotta build that connection and overtime it becomes clear.

I'm the owner of a personal training business. This industry should not be for those who are dabblers. People are putting their health and trust into your hands, and that's a serious responsibility.

Stop dabbling. Fully invest yourself into a field. Doesn't fuckin matter which field. Just put yourself fully into it. Work on it like it's life or death. Whether you love it or hate it, you'll learn more about yourself and your future than anything else.

18 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Have you read the recommended books?

The recommended books are something I didn't read maybe I could try getting a few on Audible and some Hard Copies thanks @SgtPepper.

17 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Stop dabbling. Fully invest yourself into a field. Doesn't fuckin matter which field. Just put yourself fully into it. Work on it like it's life or death. Whether you love it or hate it, you'll learn more about yourself and your future than anything else.

@Wyatt Any recommendations for somebody with only their Group Trainer Certificate?

@Jedd You can become a very successful group trainer if you have the personality and presence for it. But that's very difficult as a young person. If I were you, I'd put some time and money into getting a regular personal training certification from ACE or NASM. That way you can work one-on-one with clients, make more money, learn from your experiences and get an understanding of how people learn and how you can teach.

If you really love group training and could never see yourself as a personal trainer, sign up for group training classes. Spend a few hundred bucks and a few months or years taking group training classes. Write down what the trainer does well or how you would do it differently. Ask the trainer questions after the classes. Talk with other people in the class and see how they learn. The facility may notice your interest and offer you a training position.

That's my 2 cents. Only one way to find out if it's your calling.

Thanks @Wyatt observing group training and taking on a PT certification sounds good. I sort of see this career as maybe a stepping stone towards coaching people or something like that as I have a passion for Personal development as well as Fitness like most Personal Trainers would. Do you see many trainers who do something like this and move into nutrition, coaching or moving into other spaces. I see trainers paying like $250 rent a week and to me it sounds like a feast or famine kind of industry. I enjoy the training and personal development aspects I just think it must be a hard place to make money if you do what everyone else does I guess I'd like to bring something a little different to the table than simply being an ordinary trainer who pays to work in a gym and has to find a way to simply keep clients. I just think maybe I should be striving for something greater such as coaching people with nutritional advice and maybe holding boot camps for these people as well for a more rounded approach rather than simply telling somebody to do squats or something.