Amanda R Batista

Should I love my Ego?

36 posts in this topic

I really do feel compassion for people who are awakening to the inner work of ceasing the self induced suffering since there is so much contradictory information coming from so many different directions all of it purporting to be wisdom. The ego is this, no the ego is that, it's an illusion, you are the ego, you are an illusion blah blah blah.

9 hours ago, Haumea2018 said:

You have to "love" or embrace all that arises in you, including your fictions.  Not necessarily believe them, but love them.  There is a difference.

This here is practical advice, it isn't labeling or a conceptual framework of what ego is or isn't and you are one with the illusion psychobabble, it's something that in each moment can be realized. Love is more than just an emotional impulse bathed in chemical responses, it's a force for healing the pain and suffering within us and for our holistic well being.

What Haumea mentions here that is a crucial aspect is loving all which arises in us without necessarily believing it. How self suffering finds a foothold within us is through attaching to all that arises in us and to cease the reflexive identity with it is to cease the source of self induced suffering.

Love in this context is the psychological salve that heals the already existing suffering but ceasing the reflexive identity to what arises in us is the preventative care of our well being so self suffering will not manifest. We can still use what arises in us to navigate through the world successfully sustaining our lives but without the reflexive identity it has no mechanism to cause suffering.

It doesn't matter what it's called or how it is framed, ego, self, illusion, separate, one or whatever. What does have influence is the moment by moment relationship of our inner life and what Haumea shares is advice for a present moment relation with our inner experience that is practical. Love what arises but not necessarily believe(identify with) it, in every moment.

10 hours ago, Haumea2018 said:

That's how you become free.

Indeed. Free from the self induced suffering.

Thanks Haumea!

@Amanda R Batista

@Amanda R Batista

There is not meaning in the world.  You’re creating ALL meaning, in your head. You’re doing it effortlessly right now, to the degree you probably don’t believe this.  In assigning meaning, you, create by labeling... “bad parts”, love, hate, etc. How to stop hating? Love ALL of yourself. No skimpin, no sneakiness, everything you do, don’t judge yourself, just love yourself, the “good”, “bad”, and the “ugly, love em all unconditionally.

Inquire as to what this self is. 

There is no such thing as hate, except for you there is, because you’re rejecting part(s) of yourself. You’re holding “you” as separate, from what you don’t like, or prefer, because you don’t understand it. Thus, bringing more of that, around. Creating your own suffering. 

Meditate every morning, so you can create some space between awareness & thoughts, get some space around them to see the nature. Awareness will arise, and shine light on all facets of your life. Even the one’s you would rather hide from. Don’t give in to fear, look directly into it, find out what it’s made of. 

2 hours ago, Amanda R Batista said:

how do I get to love what I hate? lol...

Meditate, every morning.  Love everything, at any time, in every way you can. Try to realize the joy in life is that you get to love what you hate. Isn’t there a humorous, obviousness to how this thing works? ❤️❤️❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo GuraYes i think ill name my next pet "ego"......come here little ego! xD

my little ego loves to take the world so seriously...

Gosh he's so critical! He labels, he judges and he has no time for funny business. 

poor ego...

he see's only the destination/goal

notices and creates the flaws/boundaries/limitations

But where would i be without my ego? who would i be? when would i be? 

Oh never mind, that's a scary thought! Not ready for a condition-less life... 

but it gives "me" comfort knowing  "one day" ill release this ego or maybe just banish him to the shadow realm 

until that day comes...suffering will be just around the corner 

Edited by DrewNows

If we and the ego are, indeed, the same, then we may have both love and respect for that which is only trying to protect us. 

the ego always "thinks" it knows what's best for us, but we mustn't give thy ego too much credit for it knows only separateness 

5 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

If we and the ego are, indeed, the same, then we may have both love and respect for that which is only trying to protect us. 

the ego always "thinks" it knows what's best for us, but we mustn't give thy ego too much credit for it knows only separateness 

What makes you so sure you and Ego are one and the same?  That’s actually false.

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What makes you so sure you and Ego are one and the same?  That’s actually false.

i create the illusion of an ego. It arises within me therefore it is me. It has a purpose...once that purpose is understood, it loses control 

Edited by DrewNows

On 9/26/2018 at 1:09 AM, Serotoninluv said:

I think we should tell newbies straight-up: "You are Ego". The entire story about yourself is you/self/ego. It's going to hurt, but lets rip off the band-aid and show them some truth.

That is only half-truth. The full paradox is: you are Ego, and you are also God. 

I understand your point though. "You are God" can be used as a spiritual bypass. "Oh... why bother trying to improve my life or self-reflecting? I'm already Light... Nothing has to be done." A lot of Mooji's followers fall into this trap. 

On 9/26/2018 at 1:09 AM, Serotoninluv said:

That way they can get straight to business and start deconstructing the self/ego rather than strengthening the self/ego.

Deconstructing the self/ego is an endless process. It can be useful to work on that, for spiritual purification. But eventually we have to let that "cleaning" go. 

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy." -- Guillaume Apollinaire

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

On 10/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, Amanda R Batista said:

@SOUL - But how do I get to love what I hate? lol...

It's not us loving the specific thing for what it is, it's us with love as a presence in our being. We aren't directing emotional energy for each individual thing or person or circumstance, this love is an unconditional presence we exist in and not an emotional impulse towards something or someone.

So whatever arises in us it rises into a presence of love that permeates our being. Becoming aware of the distinction between the emotional impulse we associate with 'love' and the 'love' that transcends the emotional impulse we have for something/someone can be challenging but is crucial for it.

Another way to say it is the emotional love is a subject loving an object just like emotional hate is a subject hating an object, those are emotional impulses. What people call 'unconditional love' is without the subject/object of the emotional love, it's a presence in our being that transcends the conditional.

Does this clarify it?

Eradicate that worthless fucking parasite with reckless abandon.

No Mercy !!!  >:(

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

34 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

Eradicate that worthless fucking parasite with reckless abandon.

No Mercy !!!  >:(

Yep. Sometimes ya gotta be brutal with it and not take any shit.

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yep. Sometimes ya gotta be brutal with it and not take any shit.

Oh yeah. Once there was enough space to watch it work, I could start seeing this fucking imp has no  redeeming qualities. Purely selfish,craving,cowardly,deceitful. So much damn deceitfulness to maintain it's survival. I have no doubt the "devil" of the bible fucking everything up, and causing misery, is this little fucker that presumes to wear the Big Boy pants,and run the show. I have nothing but disgust for it.

No Mercy...  >:(

Give the love to the only one that deserves it....the One that is being looked for,and that is also looking for you.
That one, deserves the love..

5 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

Oh yeah. Once there was enough space to watch it work, I could start seeing this fucking imp has no  redeeming qualities. Purely selfish,craving,cowardly,deceitful. So much damn deceitfulness to maintain it's survival. I have no doubt the "devil" of the bible fucking everything up, and causing misery, is this little fucker that presumes to wear the Big Boy pants,and run the show. I have nothing but disgust for it.

No Mercy...  >:(

Put it’s balls in a vice grip and crank it tight.

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Put it’s balls in a vice grip and crank it tight.

xD.
Now we're talkin'...