Shakazulu

Preparation for 90 hour non-stop meditation

26 posts in this topic

Gradually building up on a monthly pace. How long does it take to prepare for a 90 hour non-stop? 

Edited by Shakazulu

90 days or 90 hours non-stop?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Well, how long have you done so far? Not in segmented separation, but at a single stretch?

3 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

Gradually building up on a monthly pace. How long does it take to prepare for a 90 hour non-stop? 

That sounds intense. 

What are the parameters of "non-stop"? Can one eat, drink, piss/poop, sleep?

@Serotoninluv I'm trying to find the rules actually! 

I seen this video and was inspired. I don't think I'm ready this year but I wish to build so I can in next 1-2 years 

I've watched that video before, but I don't remember him doing non-stop meditating for 90 hours. I think we have to define "non-stop" here. Fairly certain that Leo slept, ate and did other activities aside from just sitting on that couch for 90 hours, which is what I thought you meant in this thread. 

You're talking about doing a solo retreat then? It's something I will do in the future as well......planning on next year. I did a vipassana retreat this year, but I meditate better alone, so I'm going to figure out a place to do a solo retreat.

It will take you years of meditation to even meditate for 8 hours in one sitting

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Shakazulu im not saying its not possible but if you are begginer meditator or even advanced you are way over your head thinking you can meditate for 90 hours prove me wrong tho...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

I'd be very interested to see the results of this. Keep us updated if you ever do attempt it!

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

My humble prediction: A big strong meditator ego if you succeed and a neurotic mess of it fails

@NoSelfSelf doesn't leo say to strategize, think of ways on how to improve? I'm trying I guess

@Misagh I remember leo saying everyone has different strengths and weaknesses 

i'm trying only not to limit myself. 

@Barry J you could be right but hey I tried, I said gradually building up at a monthly pace, that sounds as releastic as losing 5-10 pounds and the gym in 1 month 

Edited by Shakazulu

@Shakazulu yes improve but not take it too soon(big jumps) trying to get resaults too quickly will only hurt you

It's you.

Now fight.

@bejapuskas i know there are people like that thats what im trying to say you cant do it right now its like you try to compete or be like an olympic athlete but you only started or you workout just 2 3 years 

It's you.

Now fight.

@Shakazulu

I’ve done this, but it was on the back of 15 (ish) years of meditation. The year or two prior to the retreat I was doing twice a day meditation, approx. 30-60 mins first thing in the morning, and then 15 - 30 mins again in the afternoon. So I don’t know what the ideal ‘preparation’ is (nothing like 15 years is needed imo), but I want to pass this on from what I’ve experienced ...nature is best, alone is best (there was so much screaming and convulsion I couldn’t use my voice for a day or so, don’t want anyone around because you’d suppress that, and the point is to let the body purify the falsity/emotional patterns) and alone as in, consistently alone, not even ‘going into town’ and having passive contact with people, and a psych trip in the middle stands to blast the retreat to an insane level. Also consider not roughing it for such a feat, as in, a cabin or cottage with temperature control is ideal, versus the concerns that comes with a tent & campfire. And steps to total relaxation & energy / mind awareness before the retreat are very very very helpful, such as a deep tissue massage,  reiki, and a psychic and or medium visit. These things might make much more sense after the retreat. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE