Genghis Khan

I just experienced "Enlightenment"

55 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Salcedoop said:

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Genghis Khan(...)pleasant surprise. 

Crazy story Salcedoop.

Can you explain what you meant with "a storm will come to wipe it clean someday?"

Oh, niceeeeeeeeeeeee! 

Now let all that go :D 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Update:

It's been several weeks since I've written this post and reported on my recent mystical experience. I've given much time to solemnly reflect on what happened, and today I was prompted to revisit this thread after viewing Leo's latest video on the stages of enlightenment. Master Yamada Mumon perfectly describes the process of enlightenment through his metaphor of the Ox. His words brought clarity to what I've experienced.

I'm only barely at the 4th stage of Enlightenment. I uncovered this fact upon hearing Leo's description of the third stage. I have seen the Ox and I'm now in the process of catching it. The mystical state I have described in this thread is nothing more than a witness's report of the Ox. I've seen the Ox with my own eyes after years of searching, but I've done little more than that.

Since that mystical experience I have experienced deep confusion due to the metaphysical ramifications of the Ox. Most of my prior beliefs and desires don't make sense anymore. For example, I have lost my belief in an objective reality. I lost passion for debate or trying to have the best opinion. Things that once triggered an emotional response no longer have that effect. Everything has been turned upside down.

Overall, I can't look at reality the same way anymore. But I don't know what to do or think about it. My mind has reacted with fear upon the glimpse of the Ox. I have come to realize that for some reason I am afraid to fully embrace the responsibility that comes with Enlightenment.

It's amazing yet terrifying.

This was only my second mystical experience. My first was several years ago, and it was triggered by surprise after consuming a psychedelic. I did not know what I was experiencing, and like the second one, the shock value prevented me from surrendering to it at the deepest level. After that first mystical experience I was desperate for answers. Seeing reality with genuinely unbiased eyes forced me to question everything I believed and try to find the deeper meaning of life. I searched everywhere for someone to tell me what this reality actually is. Science, Religion, they're all just stories about reality. They don't address the big picture question of what's actually going on right now. For a time I grew more and more concerned because nobody seemed to be doing serious research towards the existential mystery that this reality is.  During my research of Eastern religion I came across a concept known as spiritual enlightenment. The idea of enlightenment seemed promising because it's a truth that isn't communicable. The dire importance of the metaphysical mystery of reality is in itself a profound and non-communicable truth, so obviously spiritual enlightenment would be the answer. On YouTube, I searched, "What is Spiritual Enlightenment?". Conveniently, Leo's video "Spiritual Enlightenment-The most SHOCKING truth you'll ever hear" popped up. Long video of a guy explaining what spiritual enlightenment is? Perfect. The video was released the same day I discovered it. I was fascinated by the content of Actualized.org because for the first time I've finally seen someone talk about the mystery of what's actually happening right now, in a metaphysical sense.

That's how this entire journey started. When I first started, I thought I'd be some kind of Spiritual Wizard by now. Years of work and I'm only in the early stages.

Edited by Genghis Khan

@Genghis Khan hello, Congratulations! Do Enlightenment everytime occurs after waking up or can happen anytime !   Actually I sometimes get glimpses for. A minute or so and within that one min I realize how I create my own sufferings, I am just sitting beside or under it, watching it all bit The truth disappears after some time and I am again back to my old self.....!        

?IngitScooby ?

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Genghis Khan Really happy for you. Sounds like you lost things most would be happy to lose.       What do you mean by the responsibility, what about that is giving you trouble?

Everything I've done in my life so far has been predicated on falsehood. How do I live an authentic life?

Drop it :) is nothing to be seen at the end of the tunnel hahaha. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, Genghis Khan said:

Everything I've done in my life so far has been predicated on falsehood. How do I live an authentic life?

Unlearn. This passage from Osho's Zen Anecdotes for everyday life book captures this well.

osho.png

1 hour ago, Guided said:

Unlearn. This passage from Osho's Zen Anecdotes for everyday life book captures this well.

osho.png

This recalls me of Matthew 18:3

"And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 26/11/2018 at 11:01 PM, abrakamowse said:

This recalls me of Matthew 18:3

"And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Well spotted! I believe that it is this perpetual state of awe and fascination that is required to be able to feel at one with the divine, fundamental source of all, the one that is so hard to describe with words, that fleeting quality of the present moment.

This is great, but you are going to go back to sleep. It's inevitable. Just warning you.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:33 AM, Genghis Khan said:

For those of you who are still seeking "Enlightenment", it's just a matter of discovering what you already are.

Last week I realized this for myself.

Wait a minute, could it be that I am everything?

This was "my" brake through thought of becoming enlightened.

ALL IS ONE! All of us, WE'RE ALL THE SAME MIND, THE SAME PERSON!

I'm just replying to "myself" LOL, spiritually awaken "people" jokes

Enlightenment is the prerequisite for genuine personal development, not the end goal. How can you properly improve yourself if you don't even know what you are?

It's as reading my own thoughts. The only thing now that matters for "me" is personal development.

I'm so happy for you reaching this state, and also well written post!

Mahadev