Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Baha’i Faith: a little known awesome religion

6 posts in this topic

Baha’i Faith was a religion started in the 1850s by Bahá’u’lláh. Unlike other Abrahamic faiths, this one seems to be a very peaceful religion, that encourages people to validate all other religions. Bahá’u’lláh himself was enlightened, LOC 1000. I’m suprised that people aren’t talking about this religion. When you look at the rules of the religion, it makes you question whether this is a stage blue religion, because it sounds a lot more like stage green. Could this be the first religion that is beyond blue, and into green and yellow integration. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Sounds too good to be true. No wonder it found a difficult time spreading through the Middle East. The idea of ‘accepting all religions’ and ‘accepting all of humanity’ doesn’t sit well with stage blue Muslims. He should’ve just focused on a religion that gets people out of blue and into orange. But still, thumbs up to Bahá’u’lláh for such a kind religion.

@Edogowa Conan Well some people did accept the Baha’i faith, but mainly the Sufis because they liked the mystical component of the faith. But I do think that Bahá’u’lláh was a bit ahead of his time.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Only time I've ever heard of this Religion is through Elliot Hulse on Youtube

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I know and have known a good handful of Bahais. They are indeed an interesting and admirable bunch.

They're highly persecuted in the land the religion originated from, Iran, and as a result there is a huge diaspora of them all over the world.

I understand that they regard their own religion as the next step in the progression of Abrahamic religions going from Judaism -> Christianity -> Islam -> Bahai faith, and that each one of these religions is an appropriate fit for humanity at it's certain stage of culture. They don't believe theirs is the one true faith, and they truly do respect other religions. I think they even believe that their faith will be superceded by the next iteration which will be brought about by another prophet at some point. In this way it has some interesting parallels with the whole outlook of Spiral Dynamics.

They don't prosthelytize, they value education very highly. There's a lot of great things about the religion.

It seems to me like a very advanced stage blue, because it still does have many dogmatic beliefs built in, and it is faith based. It also has very strong streaks of yellow because of the understanding that different stages fit different people/cultures, and that there is a progression and possibility for human advancement.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.