Emanyalpsid

The egg experiment

163 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It was just a yoke.

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It was just a yoke.

Don't worry, nothing you say I take too seriously. 

*Anyone tried the experiment yet? That is what this topic was about.

@Emanyalpsid OK I´ll bite :)
I cannot know for certain that an chicken lay the egg becase that is it´s backstory, its history and it changes every moment. Like me. My body is physically replaced after many years. Everything that exists is now and history and future are concepts.
Let me build on your experiement. Lets say I eat the egg. Is it me when I eat it? when its in my stomache? or when the body made it to nuitrients and stuff that keeps my ever evolving body to grow new tissues when old ones die. Then the egg becomes part of my hand, then the egg is me? But the nails on my hand is me as well...what if i cut the nail, then the egg is not me? The more you think about it the more you realize the border between you and everything else are crude approximations. The egg also becomes my brain.
Guess the question is:
Do you think the brain creates consciousness or consciousness creates the brain?
I don´t know for sure but I want to find out :)

Edited by luckieluuke

55 minutes ago, luckieluuke said:

@Emanyalpsid OK I´ll bite :)
I cannot know for certain that an chicken lay the egg becase that is it´s backstory, its history and it changes every moment.

I don´t know for sure but I want to find out :)

Thanks for your reply, let me stop you right at your first sentence. Do you have a neighbour or someone in the neighborhood who has chickens? If so, go over there and ask if you can watch if a chicken lays an egg. Now if the chicken lays an egg, take this egg and do the experiment again.

@Emanyalpsid I feel like it comes back to the question if the brain produces consciousness or the other way around. If the brain produces consiousness, that is physical reality produces consiousness, then the egg is an external object and would be hatched by the chicken. But if really examine the reality of the egg, what it feels like then how is it different from emotions and thoughts that i feel? it´s not really is it? We produce thoughts with our mind, and the external egg is felt by our senses. When i see the egg I can´t differantiate it from an egg I see in the dream or an hallucination. How do I know the egg is real? The only answer I can come up with is that I create everything I experience. It kinda feels like that but it´s a crazy statement to make! I don´t know man, I just dont know :) But it is a possebility

29 minutes ago, luckieluuke said:

@Emanyalpsid I feel like it comes back to the question if the brain produces consciousness or the other way around. If the brain produces consiousness, that is physical reality produces consiousness, then the egg is an external object and would be hatched by the chicken. But if really examine the reality of the egg, what it feels like then how is it different from emotions and thoughts that i feel? it´s not really is it? We produce thoughts with our mind, and the external egg is felt by our senses. When i see the egg I can´t differantiate it from an egg I see in the dream or an hallucination. How do I know the egg is real? The only answer I can come up with is that I create everything I experience. It kinda feels like that but it´s a crazy statement to make! I don´t know man, I just dont know :) But it is a possebility

Let's say it is all created by our consciousness; for this experiment you still need an egg. Can you create the egg out of nowhere? No, so apparently your consciousness is bounded. How is it bounded? You need a chicken to lay the egg. So how is the egg created?

This is not a conceptual experiment, it is an experiential experiment. You need an egg to perform it.

Can you dream of an egg? Where does the egg come from when youre dreaming? From the brain? Well then then the brain can create whatever it wants obviously? Why cant it create reality out of thin air? Not saying any of this is true. Just proposing an argument.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Can you dream of an egg? Where does the egg come from when youre dreaming? From the brain? Well then then the brain can create whatever it wants obviously? Why cant it create reality out of thin air? Not saying any of this is true. Just proposing an argument.

Of course one can dream of an egg, but we need an actual egg to perform the experiment. How do you get the egg?

Is it not ironic that you say the egg came from outside of consciousness, when the concept of "outsideness" itself is something that is actually in your consciousness?

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

Is it not ironic that you say the egg came from outside of consciousness, when the concept of "outsideness" itself is something that is actually in your consciousness?

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

Let's say it is all created by our consciousness; for this experiment you still need an egg. Can you create the egg out of nowhere? No, so apparently your consciousness is bounded. How is it bounded? You need a chicken to lay the egg. So how is the egg created?

Don't focus on concepts but go into your sense experience.

11 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Don't focus on concepts but go into your sense experience.

Why do you think that such a thing as creation even exists? 

Glory to Israel

6 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Why do you think that such a thing as creation even exists? 

For something to exist it had to be created.

8 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

For something to exist it had to be created.

How do you know that, and what is "existing"?

Glory to Israel

15 minutes ago, Scholar said:

How do you know that, and what is "existing"?

Well we are talking here, based upon arguments, and arguments are often based on logic. But this al just creating a duality in trying to give meaning to what you experience. An experience exists, or do you not experience anything?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

4 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Well we are talking here, based upon arguments, and arguments are often based on logic. But this al just creating a duality in trying to give meaning to what you experience. An experience exists, or do you not experience anything?

How do you know anything you just said? How do you know the question you asked even makes sense or is valid to ask? You are begging the question here big time.

Glory to Israel

@Emanyalpsid it has nothing to do with "believing you are God". it's about realizing your divine nature and aligning with the flow of Life. it's about eradicating the existential fear and finally being able to feel compassion and humility of Heart.

this "believing you are God" is your own fantasy. the fantasy of the egoic mind, that cannot perceive the depth of this inner work. the fantasy of the egoic mind that projects its own egoic pattern onto others, thinking that everyone wants to be as important as it (the egoic mind) wants to be.

you don't know what you're talking about when you say "God"...

unborn Truth

20 minutes ago, Scholar said:

How do you know anything you just said? How do you know the question you asked even makes sense or is valid to ask? You are begging the question here big time.

Well there are thoughts coming into my consciousness, to make sense of these thoughts I have to put them in a logical order. By doing so I am able to think logically and make sense of my thinking. I figured out by observing and analyzing my thoughts that they are just a way for me to give meaning to what I experience. For me the question makes sense, but I don't know if it does for someone else. Therefore I posted it on this forum. How do you experience your thoughts? Does the question makes sense for you?