SageModeAustin

What's the longest you've meditated?

36 posts in this topic

"What's the longest you've meditated?"

Hmmm, is this the spiritual equivalent of macho guys busting out a ruler to see how they measure up? xD

@Serotoninluv If you haven't meditated for at least an hour and 40 minutes in one session then your weakkk

Lol

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

28 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

@Serotoninluv If you haven't meditated for at least an hour and 40 minutes in one session then your weakkk

Lol

Oh yea? Well, I can get my heart rate down to under 40 beats a minute - Ha! :P

@Outer 

Not trying to sound woke. I can see how you might see it that way though.

There's a dramatic difference between intellectually knowing something vs. actually knowing something (experiencing  the knowledge directly for yourself)

I am more on the intellectually knowing something side right now, although meditation has given me glimpses of the truth every now and then.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@ajasatya You got a point to an extent. 4 hours of SDS for a whole week for someone could be life changing. 

Edited by Rinne

1 hour ago, Outer said:

You're not making sense of spirituality as long as you're doing meditation, self-inquiry will fix this.

Meditation is self-inquiry. 

Case closed. 

@Outer I just read your and @Serotoninluv comments on “should I love my ego” 

I get it now 

It’s a role I’m playing out like in a theatre

It’s me doing it o.0 

Edited by SageModeAustin

38 minutes ago, Outer said:

If you do it daily it will become a habit of the mind outside of your sitting practice. For instance once you have self-thoughts during the day you might automatically do inquiry into who this self is, because you were so used to it

I'm there now. The switch has been flipped. The DMN is doing self inquiry on its own.

@Rilles lol nice

@Outer When you say self-inquiry are you just referring to asking questions to yourself like who this self is throughout the day, every time you have a self thought?

Or do you have a sit down daily timed practice like with meditation, but just focused on self-inquiry? 

Edited by SageModeAustin

19 hours ago, Outer said:

Meditation is self-inquiry. 

Meditations seems to induce the same type of experience as self inquiry, often times.

I use different cues. If i'm meditating i'm focusing my awareness on my present experience, and if i do self inquiry i focus my awareness on my present experience as well, just by asking, "what is this" or "what is consciousness".

I've meditating for decades, there's no difference between the state of not meditating and meditating, so so have you.

Probably 10 hours. Meditating on physical pain lying down.

Recently I've been meditating on pain/aversion for at least 4 hours most days, lying down. It can be dangerous. Stuff surfaces.

My demons and I are now well acquainted. 

Edited by Artaemis

@Artaemis Holy shit 10 hours

Are you levitating? 

Seriously though, how did you do that o.0