Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sahil Pandit

Heart Purification Mega Thread

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on specific ways one could open up/purify the heart. If you have one that you would like to add, please comment it below! Here is my list:

1.) Be more vulnerable with yourself, and with others.

2.) Open up your body and give more of yourself when having a conversation.

3.) Meditate and place your attention on the heart

4.) Practice gratitude for the food you can eat, the shelter over your head, the clothes on your back, and the Earth below your feet.

5.) Connect with the Infinite all around you.

6.) Pray for an Open Heart.

7.) Give without expectations

8.) Practice loving kindness and unconditional love

9.) Eliminate judgements, fearful thinking, doubts/assumptions about people.

Having a purified heart is a necessity for living in divine bliss. Many have guarded hearts and that blocks their spiritual progress. I wholeheartedly recommend this. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

I would also like to add that forgiveness is a crucial thing here. Simply allow your repressed memories to come up to your heart and forgive. Forgive yourself, those who you harmed, and those who have harmed you. Give it a few months. It'll do you wonders. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

Great thread, super important topic. It would be great if people share reports of successful opening their hearts, how they did it and what changed. I see to many techniques but I don't commit seriously to any of them them because I don't really believe it will work. 

@Recursoinominado Good point. How about suffering as a way to open up the heart? A lot of times we get so fed up with what we are doing that we reach a tipping point where we say, "I'm done putting up with this and i will do whatever it takes from this point on to change/Open my heart." 

Whatever that means to you and your context. Maybe it means being radically honest, maybe it means giving up your attachments? 

@Sahil Pandit Leo in the video said that you have to work for 10-20 years to achieve emotional mastery. Bullshit. With The Work, you can do it in just 1-2 years. Try it out and you’ll see!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Does not work that way. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.