Shin

How would you teach someone ?

28 posts in this topic

@Shin i think it'd be a cool idea to use the socratic method, in other words, never introduce any concept or any belief or anything by yourself, but just ask questions, with the only instruction being that he should only focus on his direct experience. 

3 hours ago, Faceless said:

I don’t, no. To me that is going beyond where one has yet begun. To start off out of the gate in the illusion of psychological time. 

I see your point. 

What could be a better way?

9 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

I see your point. 

Figured you would :)

9 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

What could be a better way?

No way as way...

3 hours ago, Faceless said:

Facing what-is all the way through

??

“ Stop. Talking. “

&

“I think it'd be a cool idea to use the socratic method, in other words, never introduce any concept or any belief or anything by yourself, but just ask questions, with the only instruction being that he should only focus on his direct experience”

@beaucoup Nice. This works. It’s very common for someone to resort to anything not to stay to their own direct experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Just be the light for them to better read the pages in the dark. Don't teach, but help them teach themselves to become themselves by being yourself.

The question is, does the person actually want to learn. I know some persons that are very smart but close like oysters when you bring up those kind of subjects. Maybe you could just speak about a subject related that you found interesting recently and see the person's reaction to it first. Not trying to change the person.
But other than that, never really thought about it. How about, maybe you try to dig some of the first videos or books that got you into all of this, so it's not something that goes too deep, and try to introduce it casually in a conversation?

@Shin ask how he/she feels about life. and then listen and listen.

listening is the best way to create empathy.

then you listen some more. after listening for hours or days, you ask if he/she is willing to improve his/her life.

humility is key here. don't do it to be praised. do it because you truly love the other person.

also, don't be hypocrite. only say what you're capable of practicing yourself.

unborn Truth

17 hours ago, Shin said:

Imagine you have someone that trust you entirely, and that you know for sure he/she has the potential and the will to go through the path.

Also imagine that this person has no conceptual framework for it, that his/her mind is totally blank to spirituality.

How would you teach that person from that position ?

I would start with a discussion about what's more real. What really is or the thoughts about how it SHOULD be. And how it's easy get lost in those thoughts of how it should be. And then introduce mindfulness.