Soulbass

How Youtube's Algorithm Distorts Truth

4 posts in this topic

I bet Google's insiders are totally aware of the "Spiral Dynamics" and how human psychology works (see "Neuromarketing" & MRI, for instance).

I don't know what their goal is, I'm not being negative, suspicious or "conspiracy theory" but it's just something I wanted to put awareness on :

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/02/how-youtubes-algorithm-distorts-truth

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/02/youtube-algorithm-election-clinton-trump-guillaume-chaslot

Combined with metadatas, personalized profiles & niches, closed caption analysis, the fact that we'r daily influenced by popping messages and sentences here and here (even the picture of a human face, expressing a certain emotion - associated with a particular idea, may influence you in a certain way). To me it seems everything is very well crafted, still in beta-process but in the next 5-10 years Youtube will be huge - information & medias wise (hear : the death of TV as we know it today).

What I'm sure of, is this : if they have the possibility to do it, they will do it first (before someone else do it). As technology get more advanced, we don't know the limits to that.

A bit of conspiracy theory (personal interpretation) : let's pretend Chakras & stuff are real (I don't tell my opinion on this) and for some reason the critical mass of the population don't want you to know the existence of it (including Google) it's possible that they mix the truth with some obvious shit like "Flat Earth Theory" for instance, to blur the lines.

Btw, I think the flat earth theory is interesting to challenge one's open mindedness, but it doesn't have much weight (potentials) in "this" reality.

I've heard once from a psychic that "everything I perceive in the world is a reflection of my own psyche, on a fractal level" (metaphorically & metaphysically speaking). I know this thread is useless and pointless, but I just wanted to write this so to exorcise my demons ^^

If someone could enlighten me on the psychological / cellular memory, why I'm triggered by this topic, that'd be great!

Edited by Soulbass

Youtube's algorithm is nothing compared to how we filter our own reality by turning the blind eye to things that are uncomfortable to us.
I wouldn't be too surprised if it simply caught up on our ability to deceive ourselves.
That's what machine learning is all about, after all - picking up patterns of large scale datasets.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Don't allow yourself to become dependent on Youtube.  You're gonna have to have irons in more than one fire if you wanna be sustainable selling and marketing your personal development products and services.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"Making people run in circles" is a good summary.

It's not the problem of privacy, but disinformation.

Anyway that's clear now, that my mind have found way more excuses than an algorithm ^^

Edited by Soulbass