Ingit

It takes a huge time for a ?thing to pass !

30 posts in this topic

Lately I been aware of my thinking patterns and doubting myself and other people... but I have found that as soon as I say myself...Oh there Im doubting myself...the thought eventually stays for a quite long time and cause suffering... it will stay...I don’t know whats going on... It feels like it don’t want to go instead continue itself automatically!!! What is going on!

?IngitScooby ?

Because you want to get rid of the thought. But that is just another thought. And that's how you create this negative feedback loop. In other words resistance to what is.

Thoughts are harmless if you see them for what they are. Simple movement.  Just let them be. They'll come and go. Look for that which doesn't come and go and stay with it without trying to get rid of anything. 

Sometimes when you're stuck in such a pattern of thought it can really help to simply state: "I don't care." Not in a denying way. Just simply allow yourself to let go. See where those words lead you. 

@DoubleYou it becomes compulsive to view that thought because that seems threatening!!! ?

?IngitScooby ?

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

How could you read my sentence without thought?

There must been a thought... to answer you...

?IngitScooby ?

@Outer no i mean after reading, there is a thought or idea about how to answer it ! 

?IngitScooby ?

@DoubleYou said it more clearly than I would have. Go into Spirituality 101 so deeply you see it's limitations. Your aim should be to grasp the fact that nothing but facing yourself experientially, on a deep level.

Try to practice the Do Nothing technique more. If you really want to take it to the next level, trigger an uncomfortable feeling/thought before you do the technique - it has helped me alot. If you desire, contemplate thoughts deeper.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

9 minutes ago, Outer said:

Sure, sometimes there is sometimes there isn't. But those aren't the thoughts I'm thinking about, I'm thinking about the self-thoughts with "i" "me" "my/mine" in them or of a similar nature. Those you can be without right?

Sorry... I can’t put it out what you mean ! ?

?IngitScooby ?

@Torkys I have stopped doing the do nothing techniques instead doing “Abdomen focusing meditation plus lMantra meditation”

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Outer means-your self-referential thoughts are not necessary. However, it can sometimes take a long time before you can

get rid* of them

Practice whatever meditation works, no matter the amount of time you achieve "success" because if you've done it once, You have done it. Pretty awesome, no? 

(*And typically they'll shortly come back, again).

31 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

@Ingit Outer means-your self-referential thoughts are not necessary. However, it can sometimes take a long time before you can

get rid* of them

Practice whatever meditation works, no matter the amount of time you achieve "success" because if you've done it once, You have done it. Pretty awesome, no? 

(*And typically they'll shortly come back, again).

Yep yep right! Im doing meditation for more than 2 months....! The fact is sometimes I’m fine for like 1 2 days but the moment I am caught up it takes more than 4 5 days to bring back my 1 2 days of enjoyment!  I don’t know why the suffering days are much longer than the no Suffering days...! ?

?IngitScooby ?

38 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

No body knows.

Aaaaaaaand that's why we do itB|

??☯️☯️

99108728-AE05-4910-AED2-958B049D82D3.jpeg

?IngitScooby ?

being thankful works for me a lot of the time, if I have an unwanted thought I try not to get caught up in the thought but instead I try to accept it fully, I say it's okay to have this thought/feeling, then I try to be thankful for it, I just totally look at it and say "thank you for this thought, thank you for everything" and it actually works or partially works a lot of the time, then I'm able to return to my meditation if I'm meditating or I return to having neutral/good thoughts if I'm going about my day

so you doubt yourself and others, that's okay, those are thoughts and feelings, you are something else, you say thank you for those thoughts and feelings, you go back to being something else

5 minutes ago, isabel said:

being thankful works for me a lot of the time, if I have an unwanted thought I try not to get caught up in the thought but instead I try to accept it fully, I say it's okay to have this thought/feeling, then I try to be thankful for it, I just totally look at it and say "thank you for this thought, thank you for everything" and it actually works or partially works a lot of the time, then I'm able to return to my meditation if I'm meditating or I return to having neutral/good thoughts if I'm going about my day

so you doubt yourself and others, that's okay, those are thoughts and feelings, you are something else, you say thank you for those thoughts and feelings, you go back to being something else

yes you are right but accepting sometimes becomes scary and try to either get rid of them thinks them deeply and that is the time I feel a lot of suffering 

?IngitScooby ?

1 hour ago, Ingit said:

yes you are right but accepting sometimes becomes scary and try to either get rid of them thinks them deeply and that is the time I feel a lot of suffering 

so you try to accept your thoughts, then you become afraid, then you try to get rid of the fear but instead you go into the fear and examine it deeply? is that right?

28 minutes ago, isabel said:

so you try to accept your thoughts, then you become afraid, then you try to get rid of the fear but instead you go into the fear and examine it deeply? is that right?

Yep yep exactly ?

?IngitScooby ?

hmmm you might try to then just accept the fear, hello fear, I see you there, you are a feeling, it's fine for you to be here, thank you for coming

you don't have to examine it or try to get rid of it, it's fine, it's just a feeling

but if that doesn't exactly work then you can just say "I don't want to do this" and switch to another thought

you can have one ready for when it happens, if you're meditating then you can just gently go back to your focus object, or if it's during the day you can go to anything, I used to make grocery lists in my mind, plan out what I would do with my hair, just anything to retrain myself away from negative thoughts

it used to take me longer to get back out of negativity, but with practice I'm getting a lot faster

a mantra might help you, just don't examine your fear feelings, just go straight to your mantra instead "I am at peace because I know the truth" or you can make one up that is the opposite of fear "I am calm" or something

hope that works for you or at least gives you some ideas towards something that will work

@Ingit These thoughts are originating from the lower self.  The lower self is trying to survive by reinforcing it's own reality. 

Try telling it, "is that all you've got?"

It will come at full force and you keep saying the same thing until it fades away into dust.  

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.