Good-boy

Down to earth girl

32 posts in this topic

Instead of tryitng to cultivate through these “stages of development” maybe we should ask the question of if these stages are actual, and if this process of psychological growth can end all together. Instead of moving within the limited field of time maybe we can transcend that field by one holistic insight into the falsity of gradual progression. Just a question you can ask yourselves my dudes:D?

I mean common dudes, what if freedom is now and this “progression/gradual process is the procrastination of FREEDOM. As in the now. If we move within the field of measure/time don’t we keep that measure/time as a constant?

Edited by Jack River

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

Instead of tryitng to cultivate through these “stages of development” maybe we should ask the question of if these stages are actual, and if this process of psychological growth can end all together. Instead of moving within the limited field of time maybe we can transcend that field by one holistic insight into the falsity of gradual progression. Just a question you can ask yourselves my dudes:D?

Nice perspective. I hadn't thought of it like that. That idea seems to be a big, profound awakening. Do you think most people need small awakenings before reaching that depth?

Also, there is a perspective that a person must develop a personality before one can transcend a personality. A couple years ago, I was told that my sense of self was finally strong enough that I could kill it.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you think most people need small awakenings before reaching that depth?

I didn’t have a gradual set of awakenings. I think there is really one seeing. For me it seems that when we see the falsity in gradual process actually with the insight that I told you about that ends that pattern totally. The insight is huge. It’s instant seeing into the whole limit of the intellect. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Also, there is a perspective that a person must develop a personality before one can transcend a personality

Well to me personality inherently suffers. I mean, to say we must develop a personality first is like saying suffering is necessary to end suffering. But the thing is we have a personality whether we want one or not and we do suffer. I would say instead of saying that it is necessary, which makes no sense because we have no choice in that either way, that we may want to instead ask ourselves if we need to further cultivate that personality and prolong suffering to end that movement of time..or if we should instead see the falsity in resisting suffering and trying to cultivate the personality to its destruction. To me suffering isn’t necessary but seeing how resisting it is. And to me cultivating an ego to its point of destruction seems like a cleaver way for the personality to sustain it own pattern of time. To me It’s not necessary to cultivate an ego but instead see the falsity in doing that.

This is why there is a truth in the saying that  freedom is not in time, but in the NOW. Thought like to postpone dudes. Every action it takes puts freedom away in “time/future.” Thought needs to keep its movement going. 

Anyway that is my take brah:D.

Edited by Jack River

@Serotoninluv Maybe, you are right. But, it's possible that actuality is different from what we think.

Even Orange women are going to value what you say Green women value while they are not ovulating.

The question is "Have you observed Green women while they are ovulating?"

For me, going down a few stages occurs frequently and is natural. Going back to Beige and Purple feels comfortable.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Good point. There may be some residual evolutionary programming.

I was thinking in terms of relationships, not an ovulating hook-up.

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@CreamCat @SFRL

You guys are seeing things from an Orange lens. There are different lines of development in the SD model - intellectual, emotional, relationships etc. 

You are saying "What those green women *really* like is an alpha male that can take charge, be decisive, etc". That would make the woman blue or orange. Another way of saying it is: In my personal experience, birds live underwater. I see tons of birds living underwater. Those aren't birds, those are fish. Similarly, women attracted to alpha males are blue/orange, not green.

By definition, the highest values for a green woman are: empathy, intuition, caring, human connection, intimacy, egalitarian, vulnerability, talking things out, expressing emotion etc. Those are the highest Green values. If those aren't her highest values in a relationship, then she is NOT green.

Just because you don't know green level women, do not mean they don't exist. 

That's your Beta-male rationalisation. It's something you would like to believe. 

Just because women tell you one thing doesn't make it truth. Women are the masters of backwards rationalization. 

I was in a relationship with a so called Green woman for 10 years. When my life consisted of basically living in the gym and being ripped. 

24 minutes ago, SFRL said:

That's your Beta-male rationalisation. It's something you would like to believe. 

It's post-rationalisation.  

It is common for a rationalist to assume a post-rational mode of thinking is pre-rational.

One needs to transcend rationality to become aware of post-rational modes of being.

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's post-rationalisation.  

It is common for a rationalist to assume a post-rational mode of thinking is pre-rational.

One needs to transcend rationality to become aware of post-rational modes of being.

Yeah well tell yourself whatever you want to tell yourself but I think there is a lot of self-deception going on there. 

23 minutes ago, SFRL said:

Yeah well tell yourself whatever you want to tell yourself but I think there is a lot of self-deception going on there. 

I think if you experience and understand relative, empathetic and intuitive modes of being you will think differently.

Just because you can't imagine it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

40 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think if you experience and understand relative, empathetic and intuitive modes of being you will think differently.

Just because you can't imagine it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

My point is I have experienced first hand a relationship between Orange and Green. 

You want to frame your point of view as post-rationalist, but what is more rational then using a theoretical model like SD to base your bias on?

If anything Stage Yellow is where the lower stages like Blue, Orange, and Green get integrated together. 

So at Stage Yellow; Orange and Green elements should be integrated within a relationship. 

Rather then having a segregation between the Orange and Green stage. 

Edited by SFRL

@SFRL There are realms beyond reason. Realms magnificently beautiful - I wish every being could experience it.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@SFRL There are realms beyond reason. Realms magnificently beautiful - I wish every being could experience it.

I think this conversation has reached a dead end.