Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elton

Projection

4 posts in this topic

It's really interesting how I became a bit more aware of the projection trap yesterday night before sleeping...

I have developed this attitude about always trying to think about self actualization because I love it so much and it seems to be my only saviour.

So yesterday I was talking to one of my colleague in my mind saying that she you know I'm not really made for this job cause I don't really like it and I could easily be the best performer here but I don't really want to be one.. I am a psychologist, a counsellor a researcher of well being ....

However it just struck me at that moment that who I was talking to ? To my colleague or to my self ?!? Of course I was talking to myself..

I'm not sure if I was giving myself excuses or just it was some honest opinion about myself but I realized how everything we say to others we are actually saying to ourselves...

How could this insight be useful?

I feel feeling and thinking good about yourself and high levels of self love and compassion for your self will automatically get projected to others, or the opposite might also be true but I guess this would be more easy.

Hope this changes my behaviour...

I'm always comparing myself with others.. I realized today that I don't really need more money to be happy but because all my other friends are earning more than me it makes me jealous...

The same with inability to perform during sex.

All these things are good and I must have them but comparison really fucks you up as you see only the outcome but not the behind the scenes...

Even though comparison is useless and creation is way better than comparing, I have noticed how comparing lights fire up my ass and motivates me to take action.

Is it possible that for some people negative motivation can work better than positive motivation?

Maybe it can but it will only limit our possibilities.

I heard this quote somewhere

You don't prepare to climb the mountain by looking at the bottom, you prepare for the climb by looking at the top, and the top of the mountain is the best possible you and not anybody else.. 

Guess what hurts the most...

It's not the opinion of others, but the opinion of oneself, that's because you think that you are a X type of person but when another person gives his opinion about you your opinion of yourself gets hurt, your ego gets hurt.

Projection has so many links !! Everyday I'm getting a new insight on it... 

So is this still about that time you didn't get it up? 

You got to get out there again and turn that around. Otherwise you keep beating yourself up.