kieranperez

Insight on: athletes, mayopia, contribution, and vision

5 posts in this topic

One of the things I personally struggle with it seems like more than a lot of other people that has really effected me especially in Life Purpose Course is creating a powerful vision that I'm inspired by that serves others. I recently gained a lot of deeper understanding of why just now. For so long I just thought I was just some selfish asshole that only looks out for himself (which if I'm honest is a lot of what I do for a lot of insecure reasons but that's besides this particular point). However, I personally do like helping individuals (particularly one on one) and actually always kinda have. What I realized though was this life long pattern of how all my goals centered around just my own growth given the fact that I've always been a very serious athlete that's been involved in a purely individual sport (competitive runner) and that's been my primary passion in life since before I was a teenager (23 years old now) up until now. What I realized and also looking a lot of other people is that the reason a lot of people have a hard time visioning big visions that inspire them is because we're so used to having our goals be all about us. Not necessarily because we're so selfish we don't like helping or impacting others. But because we're so conditioned to have our goals and entire modus operandi be about our own growth and we then only become inspired and motivated when our visions in life are in line with that paradigm and man is this a hard thing to shake. You really got to train yourself and override this subconscious process. 

Just an interesting thing insight I had. Thought I'd share that with you guys :)

I got similar insight where i found that you should focus on yourself be selfish and when you get stronger you use it for impacting others what good is if you cant do something of value and that sometimes means being extremly selfish(creating value),why would someone  need your help, its absurd when you dont have something to offer but only threw your own goals you can achieve the impact on others...so in imo you should be selfish for yourself then use it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

2 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I got similar insight where i found that you should focus on yourself be selfish and when you get stronger you use it for impacting others what good is if you cant do something of value and that sometimes means being extremly selfish(creating value),why would someone  need your help, its absurd when you dont have something to offer but only threw your own goals you can achieve the impact on others...so in imo you should be selfish for yourself then use it...

Exactly. To be able to help others, you must help yourself first. Put yourself in the state where you don't have to worry about yourself, only then you can really help.

@RabbitHole Yea i see so many so called selfless people hating on selfishnes not helping anyone and not helping themselves and they usually help from selfish reasons paradoxically

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

8 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@RabbitHole Yea i see so many so called selfless people hating on selfishnes not helping anyone and not helping themselves and they usually help from selfish reasons paradoxically

I’m not talking about true selflessness. Life Purpose for example is still a selfish endeavor in the end all be all even if your goal is to impact the world. Unless you’re like a Ramana Maharshi or someone or these more modern sages/deeply enlightened people, everything you do pretty much is for your own selfish agenda. There’s nothing bad about that. It’s just so. 

This is not what I’m talking about though.